Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

37 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

All the while he's grifting like mad to pay his legal bills, fines, and damages. 

Because he has no money. 

Bond was reduced, yet he claims to have the cash. 

If he had the cash, he wouldn't need a bonding agency. 

We smart folks see through you, Donald. 

• Like 1

Biden:

Has a larger war chest than the other side.

Has a better economic record.

Has a better record on infrastructure investment.

Has a better record on women's rights.

Is running against someone under criminal indictment that is farting and sleeping his way through court appearances.

...and is still either losing or tied about 6 months out.  Could just be the hydrocodone talking, and generalized grumpiness that this damn kidney stone hasn't decided to get it over with yet, but at what point do we stop making excuses and start asking if this is a poorly run campaign?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Biden:

Is running against someone under criminal indictment that is farting and sleeping his way through court appearances.

...and is still either losing or tied about 6 months out.  Could just be the hydrocodone talking, and generalized grumpiness that this damn kidney stone hasn't decided to get it over with yet, but at what point do we stop making excuses and start asking if this is a poorly run campaign?

Can't knock you for being concerned. I would like to see that campaign doing something more right now. I get they might be sitting on this to go hard in the late summer to election day and bury any outlet they can with ads. But something now would be good. Doesn't even need to be pro-Biden. They have plenty of anti-Trump stuff they can run with without mentioning Biden yet.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

50 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Biden:

And at what point do we start asking what is wrong with most Americans that support Trump despite all of that.  It's not just the campaign, it's the way the media treats Trump and the ignorance of the population.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A “poorly run campaign” would vacillate wildly between empty victory laps and/or knee-jerk course corrections based on ****ty polls.  Prolly also feature a lot of really lousy Weezer benefit shows.

So, as long as that’s not happening we have a chance.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@Jabbyrwock

Or maybe Biden is not losing and the polls are biased to help the media horse race narrative?

Maybe this too. I look at states like Arizona and Penn and think an issue like Abortion is huge for both..... and we know how important both are for whoever wins. I'm a broken record with this comment. But for being the party of Hollywood insiders, the Dems suck at messaging. I've be looking for movie quality 30 second TV spots with an earworm tune and a easy to repeat 5 word slogan about protecting America from electing extremists who think they have a right to be part of your doctor's appointments, and in your bedrooms. Get a voice that sounds like Tom Hanks or Morgan Freeman. 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Can't knock you for being concerned. I would like to see that campaign doing something more right now. I get they might be sitting on this to go hard in the late summer to election day and bury any outlet they can with ads. But something now would be good. Doesn't even need to be pro-Biden. They have plenty of anti-Trump stuff they can run with without mentioning Biden yet.

Thing is, waiting until the fall to campaign heavily is too late to change minds. 

By September people’s views will have hardened and they aren’t changing.  

Trump isn’t going to get all those voters to vote him but Kennedy,West,Stein could and it could be enough to tip the election to Trump.

Biden and Dems need to over the summer explain what awaits under Trump rule and then explain what awaits under 4 more years of Biden. I think they’d win that comparison.

They already have examples at the state level with what the gop does and what would happen if Trump gets in.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

Trump Gets Quick Lesson In Recent History After Awkward Error During Rally Rant

Donald Trump on Wednesday seemed to forget who was president in 2021 as he called on voters to remember better times.

“Three years ago, we were a great nation,” Trump said at a rally in Michigan during an off day in his criminal trial in the Stormy Daniels hush money case. “And we will soon be a great nation again.”

Trump also praised “hard-working patriots,” claimed the the nation is being “laughed at” around the world, and launched into his usual attacks on the media, “globalists,” the “deep state,” etc.

But it was his choice of “three years ago” as a measure of greatness that struck many as curious given that he wasn’t president three years ago.

President Joe Biden had already been in office more than three months.

Biden by this point three years ago had signed dozens of executive orders reversing Trump policies, and signed into law the American Rescue Plan, a $1.9 trillion stimulus package aimed at helping the nation out of the COVID-19 pandemic as vaccines became widely available.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

A “poorly run campaign” would vacillate wildly between empty victory laps and/or knee-jerk course corrections based on ****ty polls.  Prolly also feature a lot of really lousy Weezer benefit shows.

So, as long as that’s not happening we have a chance.

I have to do this....

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@Jabbyrwock

Or maybe Biden is not losing and the polls are biased to help the media horse race narrative?

Who answers their phone from random numbers that turn out to be pollsters?? 

Clueless, out of touch, often angry old people. 

Who do clueless, out of touch angry old people generally support?

The orange ****head. 

• Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Does anyone really think Trump and Biden are even with the black vote?  Yet that is what polls are saying.

Show me a poll where Trump and Biden are tied with the black vote.  Trump's share of the black vote has increased since 2016, but maxes out at 20 percent tops.

Covid is going to result in back-to-back-to-back one term presidents. Trump, then Biden, back to Trump. Trump fanboy John Nolte of Breitbart even admits Trump's behavior during covid was terrible and cost him the 2020 election. The inflationary effects of the covid stimmy, while much passed under Trump, mainly occurred under Biden.

Trump would've won reelection if it hadn't been for covid, and probably would've anyway if he didn't behave like a jackass during it. Biden's overall performance, despite the inflation, in most elections would probably be favored. But the guy is 81. And nobody is comfortable with Kamala Harris.

Who really is to blame are the GOP voters who still insist the 2020 election was stolen and refused to back Nikki Haley or Ron DeSantis. And yes, unfortunately, there are plenty of independent voters who now really don't seem to care about what happened in the aftermath of Nov 2020, including on 1/6/21.

Additionally, the George Floyd related unrest that occurred in 2020 likely did not help Trump. Similarly, the Gaza-related protests on US campuses are doing Biden no favors.

Edited by hail2skins

5 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Who answers their phone from random numbers that turn out to be pollsters?? 

Clueless, out of touch, often angry old people. 

Who do clueless, out of touch angry old people generally support?

The orange ****head. 

Haven't had a landline in over a decade. Don't answer the cell unless I know the number or the caller ID has something I recognize. Never had a pollster call ever and I'm a Gen Xer. Nobody I know when I've asked have received one either. So, I don't know who they are talking to anymore. Registered voters? Or likely voters? Or people who can spell V-O-T-E-R? I don't know anymore. 

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Because he has no money. 

Bond was reduced, yet he claims to have the cash. 

If he had the cash, he wouldn't need a bonding agency. 

We smart folks see through you, Donald. 

No one else seems to be connecting it but I really think his lack of campaigning is more about not having the money than it is about being busy/tired/lazy/whatever.

51 minutes ago, China said:

And at what point do we start asking what is wrong with most Americans that support Trump despite all of that.  It's not just the campaign, it's the way the media treats Trump and the ignorance of the population.

Is it possible that "people" just aren't as good as we like to think? "Good people" are more of an aberration than a norm? 

Maybe I'm just feeling extra dark today.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is it possible that "people" just aren't as good as we like to think? "Good people" are more of an aberration than a norm? 

Maybe I'm just feeling extra dark today.

"People" in general are extraordinarily fickle and are easily manipulated by whatever media they are consuming.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

I estimate that about 3/4 people are awful. Obviously not you good folk of ES. Most of yall seem ok. 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

"People" in general are extraordinarily fickle and are easily manipulated by whatever media they are consuming.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Haven't had a landline in over a decade. Don't answer the cell unless I know the number or the caller ID has something I recognize. Never had a pollster call ever and I'm a Gen Xer. Nobody I know when I've asked have received one either. So, I don't know who they are talking to anymore. Registered voters? Or likely voters? Or people who can spell V-O-T-E-R? I don't know anymore. 

Probably a similar age to you.  My war baby parents, and probably most people over 70, are hardwired to answer the phone.  Frustrates my pops to no end that I never answer.  I sit there at their house visiting and listen to him to tell the telemarketer/scammers not to call them anymore in a very stern voice.  We all know how well that works.  Try to explain to him why it's a bad policy anymore, but it's a losing proposition.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Probably a similar age to you.  My war baby parents, and probably most people over 70, are hardwired to answer the phone.  Frustrates my pops to no end that I never answer.  I sit there at their house visiting and listen to him to tell the telemarketer/scammers not to call them anymore in a very stern voice.  We all know how well that works.  Try to explain to him why it's a bad policy anymore, but it's a losing proposition.

I've trained my folks in the late 70s to never answer unless they know the number. Took a while. 

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

People have always been awful. We just have many more and much better ways of displaying that awfulness now 🙂

Also, I do think that awfulness is actually increasing - not sure which gen. to blame though - boomers, Gen X, millennials, Gen Y, Gen Z? All of the above?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1