Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

Trump is gonna spend the next 2 months on trial.  Biden campaigns.  Then Trump likely has another trial (although its clear our partisan Supreme Court will try to delay that accountability). And Biden campaigns. 

GOP has this narrative that Biden is gonna keel over by November.  When he looks sane and transparent next to a  convicted cult leader, it should be 10+ points. 

• Like 2

I think third party vote will be a factor in this election.

In 2016, the third party vote was just enough to tip election to Trump.

Those Dems extremely upset with Joe will voice their displeasure by voting West, Stein and maybe Kennedy.  I question who Kennedy will actually draw from because he speaks like a maga and has maga people employed trying to tip to Donny but a lot of his rhetoric sounds straight out of maga playbook.

Trump isn’t expanding his vote but if he could get a high enough 3rd party vote to draw from Joe, then things could be tipped to him. His path to 270 isn’t that hard.

• Haha 1

2016 had sanders and despite not really having a chance (via votes or dnc putting a finger on the scale) to win he certainly was able to put up a solid fight. 

comparing that to this seems like a reach 

37 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Trump is gonna spend the next 2 months on trial.  Biden campaigns.  Then Trump likely has another trial (although its clear our partisan Supreme Court will try to delay that accountability). And Biden campaigns. 

GOP has this narrative that Biden is gonna keel over by November.  When he looks sane and transparent next to a  convicted cult leader, it should be 10+ points. 

Whether it "should" be 10+ points depends on (a) how big the cult is and (b) how intelligent and sane the rest of America is.

...this is why I drink.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think third party vote will be a factor in this election.

In 2016, the third party vote was just enough to tip election to Trump.

Those Dems extremely upset with Joe will voice their displeasure by voting West, Stein and maybe Kennedy.  I question who Kennedy will actually draw from because he speaks like a maga and has maga people employed trying to tip to Donny but a lot of his rhetoric sounds straight out of maga playbook.

Trump isn’t expanding his vote but if he could get a high enough 3rd party vote to draw from Joe, then things could be tipped to him. His path to 270 isn’t that hard.

Just shut up. 

I believe you're a good person, but dammit, really? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Trump doesn't want to help any GOP politician win unless they pay him to help them win? That tracks.

Also...from the article:

"Trump officials insisted that the purpose of the 5 percent request was not to raise money for themselves but rather to dissuade “scammers” from using Trump’s brand without his permission and diluting his ability to raise cash."

Isn't this kinda similar to one of the reasons Elon gave for starting to charge people for blue checkmarks? lol...to cut down on scam bot accounts?

11 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No one doesn’t care if Biden leads a national poll.

Sooo...everyone cares?

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Thumb up 1

What has Trump done, since he lost on 11/3/2020, that would've converted even a single one of Biden's 81M voters?

3 years of "Biden is too mentally feeble for office" and "If you hate Israel, you should vote against Biden" and "Biden has made the economy terrible" social media propaganda.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Larry said:

What has Trump done, since he lost on 11/3/2020, that would've converted even a single one of Biden's 81M voters?

3 years of "Biden is too mentally feeble for office" and "If you hate Israel, you should vote against Biden" and "Biden has made the economy terrible" social media propaganda.  

Not sure any Biden voters followed Trump enough for any of his twaddle to take hold.

• Thumb up 1

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are buying the notion(s) that

The economy sucks.  (And specifically, because of Biden).  

People should vote against Biden because he's anti-Muslim.  

People should vote against Biden because he's antisemitic.  

People should vote against Biden because he's mentally incompetent.  

-----

Among other things, people in here should not underestimate the power that a group of anonymous Internet posters can have, to influence people.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people are buying the notion(s) that

The economy sucks.  (And specifically, because of Biden).  

People should vote against Biden because he's anti-Muslim.  

People should vote against Biden because he's antisemitic.  

People should vote against Biden because he's mentally incompetent.  

-----

Among other things, people in here should not underestimate the power that a group of anonymous Internet posters can have, to influence people.  

But if so, if they were Biden voter it's NOT because Trump told them this stuff lol...

5 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

the answer to this is simple. People have short memories and many elected Biden promising change and improvement. If they don’t see material improvement in their lives, suddenly the other guy doesn’t look so bad. 

I know what the numbers say, etc but people are still feeling higher gas prices, higher groceries, rent etc and will take it out on the person in charge at the moment. 

its the economy. It’s always the economy and the tricky thing is that the metrics that were used for 30 years don’t necessarily work for voters anymore. 

im not saying it’s right but it’s easy to see someone that isn’t plugged into politics daily and hasn’t seen their situation improve a lot financially going to Trump. We laugh at this idea but these are the average voters imo. It may not even be a lot but the margins are so small, it doesn’t take many. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

But if so, if they were Biden voter it's NOT because Trump told them this stuff lol...

Oh, I don't think it's because Trump told them so. It's because FrankThePug on X told them so. Him, and a dozen other people. 

And probably none of them are Russian agents. They're just "people who did their own research", reposting memes. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Just shut up. 

I believe you're a good person, but dammit, really? 

What thr issue? This is one of the most rational and level headed posts 88comrade has made in a while. This isn’t outlandish doom and gloom like usual, but a realistic potential . 

the margins are razor thin and there are 3 potential 3rd party options that will be on ballots in swing states. The Biden campaign is well aware of this and trying to negate the impact becuse they know if they all get less than a 1% it could still be enough to tip a state or two to Trump. 

it’s a realistic probability based on the current environment.  

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

its the economy. It’s always the economy and the tricky thing is that the metrics that were used for 30 years don’t necessarily work for voters anymore. 

The problem is everyone works on relatively short duration numbers. Inflation rate is down compared to recently but because we haven’t experienced deflation, we still have to deal with all the inflation as a cumulative issue. Great it’s not as high as it was - prices are still very high and only continuing to go up. 

at some point the new normal will be accepted (we’re never going back to 2015-2019 pricing) and it’ll stop mattering. But we’re clearly not there yet. 

and the Biden admin and their loyalists seem completely incapable of understanding this for some reason. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tshile said:

and the Biden admin and their loyalists seem completely incapable of understanding this for some reason. 

Not sure what the specific complaint here is. Are you saying that Biden's messaging regarding inflation isn't good? 

Adjusted for inflation I'm paying less on average now for gas than folks did in 1979. It's the $20 billion in yearly subsidies that is the real issue. But hey trillion dollar corporations need it right?

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I dunno guys..I'm stunned that gas prices are now higher. I thought an increase in demand post covid lockdown would send them lower!

Yes, comparing gas prices to them during covid is disingenuous, but from 2017-19 it seems like they were around 250-275 per gallon (as they were for much of Obamas second term). Yes, Biden has had to deal with the Ukraine situation which sent prices to 5 dollars a gallon, but prices in the 3s is higher than under Trump.

• Like 1

You guys are forgetting half of the population, women, and they are going to be out in droves to vote. And with every word out of Republicans' mouths about absolute ban on abortion including any type of birth control they can label abortion like, loss of voting rights, and anything else taking away women's rights to anything, adult females are going to vote Blue. 

We're sick of men trying to control us. We're not putting up with it anymore. Hillary was right about Trump and continues to be right about him. Abortion is the biggest vote getter for Democrats since the supremes outlawed Roe v. Wade. Every election. Or do you guys forget that?

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Yes, comparing gas prices to them during covid is disingenuous, but from 2017-19 it seems like they were around 250-275 per gallon (as they were for much of Obamas second term). Yes, Biden has had to deal with the Ukraine situation which sent prices to 5 dollars a gallon, but prices in the 3s is higher than under Trump.

Let's say the average driver used 8 to 16 gallons a week (Bureau of Labor). Even at $1 extra per gallon now, we are still only talking about $8 to $16 more per week. Are we saying the yearly median wage didn't increase by $400 to $800 since 2019? 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1