Dude yelling: "This is not a GOP convention!"

Also, same dude: "I want to vote to vacate the chair."

Me:

image.png.c2ab3e8e479da1aa93fefca7742174c3.png

Guy: I move to vacate the chair

Chair: You need a second motion

Guy in audience: I second! Second!

• Haha 1

‘He’s a Big, Fat Bigot’: Bronx Rally Protestors Go OFF on Trump in Searing Local News Report

Former President Donald Trump’s rally in the Bronx on Thursday got a lot of news coverage, but some reports were less than flattering — especially when the mic was handed to people from the Bronx.

While there were definitely some supporters of Trump present, Jim Dolan of New York’s ABC 7 also spoke to some who were there to protest against Trump. And like many native New Yorkers, they were pretty open about their opinions of the ex-president.

One woman on the anti-Trump side told Dolan: “First of all, he’s a big, fat bigot, and he just doesn’t have any love in his heart for anyone, anyone of color, anyone who’s in the LGBTQ+ community.” She added later, addressing the (relatively small) crowd of supporters: “I’m not surprised that ignorance is here. And I choose to not be ignorant because I read books.”

Another woman was especially scathing in her opinion of Trump: “He’s a crook, a liar, and a cheat. And he tries to make money off people. And that’s what he’s doing right now.” She also told Dolan that many of the supporters there were not even from the Bronx: “They’re all from out of state. Go out there. Look at all them cars that are parked and check where they came from. Tennessee, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Texas.”

Dolan himself reported that the Trump campaign had a lot to do with building up a friendly crowd:

Donald Trump can now say he held a rally in the South Bronx, home to immigrants and minority communities, and that it was well-attended. It’s just not clear that the people who attended were from the Bronx. The campaign controlled who got in, and the campaign, of course, picked only supporters.

Click on the link for the video

Are Russia and North Korea planning an ‘October surprise’ that aids Trump?

The Biden administration is increasingly concerned that the intensifying military alliance between Russian President Vladimir Putin and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un could vastly expand Pyongyang’s nuclear capabilities and increase tensions in the Asia-Pacific region, six senior U.S. officials told NBC News.

U.S. officials are also bracing for North Korea to potentially take its most provocative military actions in a decade close to the U.S. presidential election, possibly at Putin’s urging, the officials said. 

Click on the link for the full article and video

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Guy: I move to vacate the chair

Chair: You need a second motion

Guy in audience: I second! Second!

In fairness, anytime I hear multiple people yell things like "point of order," usually in high, whiny emo voices, I feel like punching things too.

• Haha 2

Where we are at due to Trump:

The unfortunate truth is that Republicans, under Trump’s influence, no longer accept that Democrats can legitimately win elections. This isn’t a run of the mill ideological difference between the parties. It’s the ruin of American democracy.

When Republican Senate Leader Mitch McConnell rejected challenges to Biden’s victory on January 6, he said, “This election actually was not unusually close. Just in recent history, 1976, 2000, and 2004 were all closer than this one. The Electoral College margin is almost identical to what it was in 2016. If this election were overturned by mere allegations from the losing side, our democracy would enter a death spiral.”

We’re now living in that death spiral.

https://www.publicnotice.co/p/election-denial-marco-rubio-lara-trump-burgum

• Like 1

This is so dumb.  Why no rubbber chickens?  Also the libertarian party looks like a joke. Why is the media all over this?  But, yelling at people is different than confiscating.  No water bottles?

All this for a crowd of about 500 delegates?  

Just now, Fergasun said:

This is so dumb.  Why no rubbber chickens?  Also the libertarian party looks like a joke. Why is the media all over this?  But, yelling at people is different than confiscating.  No water bottles?

All this for a crowd of about 500 delegates?  

That party is a joke. They are the house cats of politics. Believing they are fiercely independent while 100% reliant on the Government and other tax payers. Hopefully they equate having their rights taken away by the secret service at their own event to him doing that himself and forcing the to watch him. ****, they should just cluck out loud and drown him out. 

And for the apparent plan to have his supports jam the front of this convention to make it look like he had the support of the entire room. Dumb. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Lol. Trump will literally commute your pet cause if you don't boo and vote for him. A man who was running a dark web marketplace and tried to pay for some contract killings.

Yea my understanding is that Ross Ulbrict is an awful human who normal people should want dead