Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

I’m disappointed with Haley’s showing. I get that it is a dumb take to many of you, or naive at best. But as someone that’s typically cynical, I had unusual optimism in Desantis after his win in Florida, and then again with Haley. 

I feel I’m aware of what I’m watching unfold but also grabbing at random things hoping it’ll work. It doesn’t. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’m disappointed with Haley’s showing. I get that it is a dumb take to many of you, or naive at best. But as someone that’s typically cynical, I had unusual optimism in Desantis after his win in Florida, and then again with Haley. 

I feel I’m aware of what I’m watching unfold but also grabbing at random things hoping it’ll work. It doesn’t. 

I'm just trying to think of any GOP'er besides Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger that pushed back early on against the "election was stolen" BS instead of the hemming and hawing we saw from the rest of them.

And now we have at least 60 percent of the GOP voters think 2020 was stolen.

Used to be that we had presidential elections and, depending on your voting preference, might've not liked the result, but accepted it.

I fear we are getting removed from that forever due to Trump.

• Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I'm just trying to think of any GOP'er besides Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger that pushed back early on against the "election was stolen" BS instead of the hemming and hawing we saw from the rest of them.

And now we have at least 60 percent of the GOP voters think 2020 was stolen.

Used to be that we had presidential elections and, depending on your voting preference, might've not liked the result, but accepted it.

I fear we are getting removed from that forever due to Trump.

Only among the cult Republicans, and only if cult Republicans lose. The rest of the electorate accepts election results.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

12 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

She should've rode her momentum further, but whatever. When is the next primary? I'm curious if Trump still averages only 65% of the votes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

She should've rode her momentum further, but whatever. When is the next primary? I'm curious if Trump still averages only 65% of the votes.

She has no momentum, never did.

Those voters of hers will come running back to Donny or just skip the presidential option, if they vote.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

She has no momentum, never did.

Those voters of hers will come running back to Donny or just skip the presidential option, if they vote.

Taking 35% of the vote and being the first woman to ever win a GOP primary sounds like she has some momentum. She can't be Trump VP now, so I don't see the benefit of her dropping out or going away.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Taking 35% of the vote and being the first woman to ever win a GOP primary sounds like she has some momentum. She can't be Trump VP now, so I don't see the benefit of her dropping out or going away.

Donny will likely cross the nomination threshold next week.

There never was a real race, when the winning candidate was getting 50-60% of the vote.

The 2016 Dem race was more of race then this one; as Sanders actually challenged Clinton for a while.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

Trump got over 100K more votes in VA than Biden in a state that Biden must win in Nov to win the Presidential election.

In MI, even if you throw in the ~100K Democrat uncommitted vote Trump still out gained Biden.

(It is hard to pull much meaning out of these for the GE because the turnout will be much higher for the GE, but anybody looking at those numbers and thinking Trump is weak or that the general polls are wrong are deluding themselves IMO.  I'll note that the polls in MI pretty much nailed the out come of he MI primary.  If I'm working for the Trump campaign, I'm feeling pretty good.)

Edited by PeterMP

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39663644/republican-steve-garvey-vie-us-senate-seat-calif

LOS ANGELES -- Former Major League Baseball MVP Steve Garvey is advancing to a November election to fill the U.S. Senate seat held for three decades by the late Dianne Feinstein, a rare opportunity for the GOP to compete in a marquee statewide race in a Democratic stronghold.

Garvey, a 10-time All-Star who played for the Los Angeles Dodgers and San Diego Padres, will face Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff.

"Let's celebrate," Garvey told his supporters Tuesday night. "Welcome to the California comeback."

"What you all are feeling tonight is what it's like to hit a walk-off home run. Kind of like San Diego in 1984."

Garvey famously hit a walk-off home run off Lee Smith in Game 4 to keep the Padres alive in the 1984 National League Championship Series against the Chicago Cubs. San Diego then won Game 5, and Garvey was named series MVP.

39 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Donny will likely cross the nomination threshold next week.

There never was a real race, when the winning candidate was getting 50-60% of the vote.

The 2016 Dem race was more of race then this one; as Sanders actually challenged Clinton for a while.

Thats not my point. If Trump is their guy, if he is their choice, their faux incumbent, the race shouldn't be close. If this is their guy, their king of the GOP, he should be getting Biden numbers, not Trump numbers.

35 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Trump got over 100K more votes in VA than Biden in a state that Biden must win in Nov to win the Presidential election.

In MI, even if you throw in the ~100K Democrat uncommitted vote Trump still out gained Biden.

(It is hard to pull much meaning out of these for the GE because the turnout will be much higher for the GE, but anybody looking at those numbers and thinking Trump is weak or that the general polls are wrong are deluding themselves IMO.  I'll note that the polls in MI pretty much nailed the out come of he MI primary.  If I'm working for the Trump campaign, I'm feeling pretty good.)

Biden is the ACTUAL incumbent, he won the last election, why would Dems need to come out and vote for him in the primary when he IS the Dem's guy. Dems don't need to come out for Biden in the primary because he actually beats any other option handedly. I don't understand why so many of you want to put an asterisk on everything Trump does, why do you move the goalposts for him? Once again, look at the history of the results: Trump is a loser. His name on a ballot is a loser, its been that way since 2016, his ONLY election win. Seriously, you think Trump is suddenly going to carry VA now? Based skewed primary results? When Biden loses a primary state or consistently loses a third of the vote to anything else...then you can talk to me about primary results. It just feels to me that some of you bend over backwards to find anyway to give Trump a positive where there is none. Trump is winning the primary, but he is far from "cruising".

• Like 3

@PeterMP

the only thing I’ll add is my experience the last few days… the number of people that didn’t know there was an election and/or that it’s not limited to people officially registered to the Republican Party… I’m skeptical if any of my friends actually voted …

My favorite is when someone who complains about politics all the time, has a laundry list of reasons why they couldn’t vote. 

Nikki dropping out tomorrow. Which is weird, when you don't actually stand for anything, will anyone notice you are gone?

Also lol at GOPers who are happy that Garvey made it through. They all hate Schiff with a burning passion and he'll win 65% of the vote come November. They'd have been better off giving him a real challenger in Porter. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Adding to what others have said...I think I've voted in a primary one time. That's it. I think I skipped a general election vote one time. That's it.

People are not motivated to vote in primaries where they already know what the result will be whether they vote or not...it's exactly the reason why higher ups in the GOP were wringing their hands over Trump's continuous declarations of rigged elections: they felt it would suppress the vote for Republicans if Trump basically kept telling the base that their votes don't count because it's all rigged anyway. That's kinda what is most likely happening with Dem primaries--voters know who is gonna win it, so their vote doesn't really matter at all...it won't change anything. Right now, Repub voters are motivated to vote in primaries, and that's to either show support for their "dear leader" Trump or to use their vote to protest against him. There's nothing like that motivating voters for the Dem primaries.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Was hoping Haley would have a better showing, but whatever.  Here we are with Fuhrer Trump looking at a relatively easy pathway to the nomination.  

She got about 26% of the vote yesterday, which isn't terrible.  Still, I agree that this "primary" was never in doubt from inception. 

Big open question now is what % of Haley voters are actually Never Trumpers.  It doesn't need to be all that much to really matter. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Adding to what others have said...I think I've voted in a primary one time. That's it. I think I skipped a general election vote one time. That's it.

People are not motivated to vote in primaries where they already know what the result will be whether they vote or not...it's exactly the reason why higher ups in the GOP were wringing their hands over Trump's continuous declarations of rigged elections: they felt it would suppress the vote for Republicans if Trump basically kept telling the base that their votes don't count because it's all rigged anyway. That's kinda what is most likely happening with Dem primaries--voters know who is gonna win it, so their vote doesn't really matter at all...it won't change anything. Right now, Repub voters are motivated to vote in primaries, and that's to either show support for their "dear leader" Trump or to use their vote to protest against him. There's nothing like that motivating voters for the Dem primaries.

I had yesterday off, I forgot all about the primary. Got up, mailed a package, voted, came back in 10 minutes. I've never missed an election, but I will skip a primary. This would've been the one to skip, but apparently, (for some of you) Biden needs to get 800% of the vote to be taken seriously while Trump is "killing it" with only 65%.

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

She got about 26% of the vote yesterday, which isn't terrible.  Still, I agree that this "primary" was never in doubt from inception. 

Big open question now is what % of Haley voters are actually Never Trumpers.  It doesn't need to be all that much to really matter. 

Good question. Personally, I don't see Trump gaining too many Haley supporters, but that doesn't mean they'll vote Biden. Any vote NOT for Trump is still a win for Biden, but I think Biden has a better chance at gaining Haley voters than Trump. A lot of Haley voters seem to be women who want to remain GOP, but not sell their dignity and vote for Trump.

• Thumb up 3

And the Biden "uncommitted"?  Can we tell who the uncommitted voters are?  Biden winning 70% in Minnesota is not a good look.

I see it's all about the Gaza ceasefire.   First, I question if organizers are being funded by right-wing dark money. Second, I don't see why these voters are questioning Biden over Israel-Palestine.  How did this become a US issue?  Polls show that a majority of Americans support Israel.  It's silly to act like Biden can pressure Israel into ceasefire... and he is! 

5 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

And the Biden "uncommitted"?  Can we tell who the uncommitted voters are?  Biden winning 70% in Minnesota is not a good look.

I see it's all about the Gaza ceasefire.   First, I question if organizers are being funded by right-wing dark money. Second, I don't see why these voters are questioning Biden over Israel-Palestine.  How did this become a US issue?  Polls show that a majority of Americans support Israel.  It's silly to act like Biden can pressure Israel into ceasefire... and he is! 

I know why the protest vote was high in Michigan...I have no idea whats going on in Minny. Do they also have a high Muslim population? Is that a protest vote as well? How come we didn't hear anything about it before hand or after? Minny will be concerning until we get some details on what happened and why he's pulling Oklahoma numbers.