Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

Trump election campaign raised $19 million in fourth quarter

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -Donald Trump's election campaign reported on Wednesday that it had raised $19 million during the last three months of 2023, according to a financial disclosure submitted to the Federal Election Commission.

Nikki Haley, Trump's only remaining opponent in the Republican presidential nomination contest, reported earlier this month that her campaign raised $24 million during the quarter.

President Joe Biden's re-election campaign said earlier this month that it raised $97 million when including money raised by Biden's Democratic Party.

wheeze-laugh.gif.cb9b1faf101edbd3b4299ce304b01454.gif

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This seems so low that I’m inclined to believe that Trump, being a stupid person, just ****ed up the arithmetic. 

That assumes Trump gets involved in reporting, which I doubt (besides, he probably can't do arithmetic).  If he did, he'd almost certainly overinflate his fundraising, much as he did with the value of his businesses/properties.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

I figured it more likely that he's been embezzling campaign donations.

He's been doing that while reporting.

Every quarter campaign earnings are reported to the FEC. We are required to know where the money comes from and how its spent. That is how we know a lot of the money Trump earns does not go to his campaign, but rather his legal expenses.

The writing has been on the wall for this for a while now tho.

His earning power has been dropping for over half a year. Its not surprising its in the toilet, and I made predictions about it a while ago about how Biden was on pace to out earn him by astronomically absurd margins if trends continued. This was predictable.

• Thumb up 2

12 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This seems so low that I’m inclined to believe that Trump, being a stupid person, just ****ed up the arithmetic. 

Probably. But he normally overstates not understates!

• Thumb up 1

27 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The recent good news on the economy can't be responsible for that much of a swing in a month, can it?

I wouldn't think so.  

Among other things, because
1)  The economy's been getting better for years.  
2)  It's the perception of the economy that's been under attack.  
3)  And I haven't seen a change in that.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

From the Allahpundit article I linked last night:

At long last, the many encouraging economic indicators have begun to breach the public consciousness. On Tuesday, consumer confidence reached its highest level since December 2021, around the time inflation first began to cause the White House serious political pain. If that’s the start of a trend, the most potent weapon in Trump’s political arsenal may end up being neutralized by fall. The less favorably “the Trump economy” compares to “the Biden economy,” the weaker the case for rolling the dice again on a lunatic becomes.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Larry said:

I wouldn't think so.  

Among other things, because
1)  The economy's been getting better for years.  

I think there has actually been a very significant change to the narrative around the economy in the past month. 

See, for example, https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/01/22/biden-economy-coverage-shift/

About time: The economic narrative shifts

For months now, the economy has been much stronger than political coverage — and therefore, public polling — has suggested. And though it wasn’t only in the past few weeks that 14 million jobs were created, inflation dropped below 4 percent and wages exceeded inflation, the coverage of the economy certainly has shifted quickly and dramatically.

Each bit of news is reported as confirmation that finally the economic outlook has brightened. “Americans are rapidly becoming much more upbeat about the economy,” the Wall Street Journal reported last week. “Consumer sentiment surged 29% since November, the biggest two-month increase since 1991, the University of Michigan said Friday, adding to gauges showing improving moods.” Hmm, that suggests for several months now the media continued to paint a dreary picture of the national mood when, in fact, consumers were feeling something quite different. Apparently, ordinary Americans clued in to the real state of the economy far sooner than the many in the media did.

When an article insists that this marks a “sharp turn after persistently high inflation, the lingering shock from the pandemic’s destruction and fears that a recession was around the corner had put a damper on feelings about the economy in recent years, despite solid growth and consistent hiring,” you have to wonder whether the gap in perception was thanks to overly negative coverage. (A recent Brookings Institution study concluded that “economic news has become systematically more negative … with the negative bias growing over the last three years.”)

Americans’ increasingly positive outlook is reflected in the markets, which have soared to new highs. “The S&P 500 closed at an all-time high on Friday as investors returned to buying equities in force following a short-lived market stumble to start the new year,” CNBC reported. “The broad market index rose 1.23% to settle at 4,839.81, surpassing both the prior record intraday and closing highs from January 2022. Meanwhile, the Dow Jones Industrial Average, which set its own record at the end of last year, added 395.19 points, or 1.05%, to end at 37,863.80.”

Much of the media appears to be scrambling to catch up to reality. That has significant political implications for President Biden, whose economic success has been played down, dismissed or ignored — on the grounds that the public does not feel better. Well, now there is no excuse for the derisive coverage of Biden’s economic stewardship.

The Post reported: “Rising sentiment among both Democrats and Republicans comes at a critical moment for the Biden administration, which has struggled to convince voters that its economic policies are making their lives better ahead of November’s presidential election.” That means “Democrats are cautiously optimistic that improving views of the economy will boost President Biden’s chances in the election, after months when inflation and voter fury over the economy appeared to be intractable political problems.” (Just days before, The Post reported that Biden was not getting credit.)

Biden is getting to take a belated victory lap. In North Carolina on Friday to tout new investment in high-speed internet, he told the audience, “If you look at the consumer confidence, it’s way up. Sixty-four percent — I think it may be 62 percent of Americans think their personal circumstance is good and it’s getting better.” He added that, “thanks to the Investing in America agenda, private companies have invested over $640 billion — let me say it again — $640 billion in advanced manufacturing here in America.”

The president gleefully took shots at four-time indicted former president Donald Trump, who used to boast about the stock market. “We’re doing pretty damn well economically and we’re getting better. He wants to see the stock market crash. You know why? He doesn’t want to be the next Herbert Hoover,” Biden joked. “As I told him, he’s already Hoover. He’s the only president to be president for four years and lose jobs, not gain any jobs.”

In short, the economy has been doing remarkably well for months now, and consumer sentiment improved, though many in the media weren’t paying attention. Now, both economic sentiment and coverage have caught up to reality. That might be why Republicans have so little to say — and even less to offer — about the economy, other than vague promises of more tax cuts for the wealthy.

More at link. 

• Thumb up 3

Texas has the right to secede from the U.S. if its citizens decide to do so, Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley said in a radio interview — a controversial view that contradicts centuries of established history and precedent

No they don't. USA is like the MAFIA or NWO. Once you're in you're in for life bish. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952u6u1t0apvlbpd3uvts

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Economics always improve under Democrats. 

A hundred years of experience cleaning up Republican messes. Put that **** on a campaign button libruls. 🤣

Still no clue why folks overwhelmingly believe the Republicans are better for the economy. History says otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

D

18 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

A hundred years of experience cleaning up Republican messes. Put that **** on a campaign button libruls. 🤣

Still no clue why folks overwhelmingly believe the Republicans are better for the economy. History says otherwise. 

Its good for millionaires and billionaire -- because GOP = "trickle down".  Since the $M and $B have lots of levers on public opinion, their media outlets talk up things that benefit them. 

Propaganda works... I say this while I listen to a bunch of homeschool kids talk smack abour Taylor Swift for devil worshipping and supporting Palestine... 

• Haha 2

On 1/30/2024 at 6:02 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Taylor Swift is an excellent test case for Go Woke Go Broke.  I hope it becomes a whole thing. 

This may be happening.  LOL

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/02/01/the-twisted-logic-of-the-taylor-swift-backlash-it-seems-like-political-suicide-00138924

MAGA World Is About to Meet Taylor Swift’s Fandom. It Won’t Go Well.

Taylor Swift has many titles: cultural juggernaut; international pop star; billionaire businesswoman. She can now add MAGA conspiracy theory target to the list.

Far-right internet personalities and even a former Republican presidential candidate are spreading the notion that something is not quite right with Swift’s relationship with Kansas City Chiefs star player Travis Kelce — and that somehow the Super Bowl is rigged and it’s all leading up to a Swift presidential endorsement of Joe Biden.

Swift was once famously politics-averse, but she inched into the arena in 2018 when she endorsed Tennessee Democratic Senate candidate Phil Bredesen, and then she backed Biden in 2020. That may have first soured some conservatives on Swift, but in recent days, the right has seemingly launched a full-bore attack on her. It seems like incredibly foolish politics, particularly as the gender gap grows and Republican support with suburban women erodes.

To explore how Swift’s influence has grown and how the attacks could backfire on the GOP, POLITICO Magazine reached out to Brian Donovan, a University of Kansas professor who teaches a popular college course called “The Sociology of Taylor Swift.”

“The Swiftie fan is arguably the most immersive and intense fandom in the U.S. right now,” Donovan said. “And to anger them is just political folly. They are a political force that I don’t think anyone really should mess with.”

An interesting read at link. 

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Cause Carter choked one up like Playoff Dak.  

Still a great guy and a very good president tho.