Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

I caught Vivek and Christie on CSPAN appearances this weekend. 

First, I can't figure out what Vivek's background is.  Best I can tell is that he was good enough to get into and graduate from Harvard and Yale law and parlayed that into a hedge fund / financial gig.  Oh, looks like he founded a social network.  So he's a "tech bro" who parlayed that into a hedve fund investment and funded / founded a pharmaceutical company.  Seems like his pharma company is not profitable af the moment. Enough of that... I can't really attack his success.  

Vivek claimed he wanted to fire 75% of the "DC beaurocracy".  He claimed Trump couldn't do it because of individual civil service protections.  What Vivek claimed is that if you mass fire federal employees they lose their civil service protections.  Seems like that's actually wrong.

Christie's big thing was talking about how he knows how to govern. Also, he basically said his opponent isn't Biden... Biden isn't the President.  It's the mass of people working for Biden.  

Vivek also claimed that he doesn't think Biden will be the nominee.  I have heard this a lot from the right... (not even sure if I can say "far right").  Seems like they are pushing the expectation that Hunter/corruption is going to take him down or the Dems are going to dump him.

... wow... I had the above written BEFORE TEG posted what he did...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Christie's big thing was talking about how he knows how to govern. Also, he basically said his opponent isn't Biden... Biden isn't the President.  It's the mass of people working for Biden.  

I like how this narrative works from the right. Joe Biden is a puppet because the real work in the executive office is being done by cabinet members and staffers. Weird because the right have applauded past Presidents like Reagan, Eisenhower, and even Dubya for the same kinda delegating of tasks n duties. Usually by describing it as great leadership. 🤭

• Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I like how this narrative works from the right. Joe Biden is a puppet because the real work in the executive office is being done by cabinet members and staffers. Weird because the right have applauded past Presidents like Reagan, Eisenhower, and even Dubya for the same kinda delegating of tasks n duties. Usually by describing it as great leadership. 🤭

20230814_223218.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Funny how the DeSantis campaign is blaming the liberal media for misrepresenting the "listless vessels" remark.

Yes, the comments were openly directed at Trump himself and certain congressional members.

But if you don't think Ron looks at the polling data and doesn't think "WTF" about the GOP voting base......

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3