Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

34 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So did his announcement video freeze or something? I'm seeing lots of jokes but that's it.

Twitter crashed due to the traffic… but seriously, announcing you are running for President via a prerecorded Twitter video is lame. Your supposed to be connecting with the people, not hiding behind a lense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Twitter crashed due to the traffic… but seriously, announcing you are running for President via a prerecorded Twitter video is lame. Your supposed to be connecting with the people, not hiding behind a lense.

He just wanted the Reich way to announce. So he chose Elon.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

But hey, those people should totally dictate what's being taught in school. 

40% of the population, who are presumably more educated than those with 3rd, 4th and 5th grade education, don't vote and let them dictate whats going on.

...kinda makes you wonder who's dumber.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

40% of the population, who are presumably more educated than those with 3rd, 4th and 5th grade education, don't vote and let them dictate whats going on.

...kinda makes you wonder who's dumber.

I'm too lazy/tired/stoned to find a HELL YEAH  from Stone Cold.  But yeah. 

One clip I heard repeated, apparently once they got the 20 minutes of static, silence, and dropped connections sorted out, was DeSantis' answer to a question about what he would do regarding Ukraine.  He immediately pivoted to "woke" policies in the U.S. military.

He is not a serious candidate.

Edit: The clip was from an interview with Trey Gowdy on Fox News.

Edited by Dan T.

28 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

this illustrates a fundamental issue on our society right now. 

if you are an expert in *anything*, and the main stream news (and it’s all of them, not just a specific “side” of the news) has covered a topic/event/whatever in your field where you are an expert, then you have undoubtably rolled your eyes and seen the awful job they’ve don’t covering it. 

yet so many people rely on this information source to educate them on topics they know little to nothing about. 

ive watched reputable outfits botch basic things. I’ve watched the washington post totally botch a nuclear facility cyber security issue - from getting the facts totally wrong, to going public way too early to know if they were wrong, and additionally trying to make a national emergency/crisis out of something that never was. Yet the Washington post is trusted by many to inform them on topics they know little or nothing about. and they’re supposed to be among the more reputable organizations doing this…

peoples trust is misplaced and abused. People tend to defer to places that say what they want to hear, and skip any notion of critical thinking about what they’re hearing. 

it’s a problem and the people in power have no interest in fixing it, and have every interest in abusing it. And the general public doesn’t seem capable of recognizing and caring about it. 

54 minutes ago, tshile said:

this illustrates a fundamental issue on our society right now. 

if you are an expert in *anything*, and the main stream news (and it’s all of them, not just a specific “side” of the news) has covered a topic/event/whatever in your field where you are an expert, then you have undoubtably rolled your eyes and seen the awful job they’ve don’t covering it. 

yet so many people rely on this information source to educate them on topics they know little to nothing about. 

ive watched reputable outfits botch basic things. I’ve watched the washington post totally botch a nuclear facility cyber security issue - from getting the facts totally wrong, to going public way too early to know if they were wrong, and additionally trying to make a national emergency/crisis out of something that never was. Yet the Washington post is trusted by many to inform them on topics they know little or nothing about. and they’re supposed to be among the more reputable organizations doing this…

peoples trust is misplaced and abused. People tend to defer to places that say what they want to hear, and skip any notion of critical thinking about what they’re hearing. 

it’s a problem and the people in power have no interest in fixing it, and have every interest in abusing it. And the general public doesn’t seem capable of recognizing and caring about it. 

And that's why I'm still here despite not being a Washington fan anymore.  If you're willing to listen, there are a good number of knowledgeable people to listen to.  And providing reputable, if not slightly left leaning, news sources. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Not gonna tune in because it will probably be packed with Republican fans just like Trump's was. Besides, I refuse to listen to the theocracy he spouts. I don't live in a theocracy.

I bet he gets booed. There is no real crowd for this 🤡

• Thumb up 1