Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I'm waiting for Trump to go after Florida Republicans who have the power to change that law requiring Desantis to step down if he's running for President. Get his diehard Villages folks to go at state legislators and threaten their job security 

* Thinks of the term "Village People".  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Larry said:

. . . unless the Republicans successfully harm the economy.  

Lots can happen.  

Larry is right. Don’t underestimate the impact of a bad economy. Now, that doesn’t necessarily mean them rushing to Trump in the general election but a deep recession could  depress the turnout for Biden.  People won’t be motivated to vote for Joe and could just stay home. All Donny needs to do is flip 3 states and GA and AZ were won with less than 12,000 votes.  It doesn’t take much to flip the results of 2020.

If somehow Trump isn’t the nominee and there’s a deep recession, the gop nominee beats Biden; even if that guy is Desantis.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

I'd say Skippy deserves a lot more credit.  

But if Trump wants to say "vote for me if you approve of the abortion-banning craze", I'll be happy to not stand between him and the microphone.  

Edited by Larry

This is who Ron DeSantis is:

Ron DeSantis Signs Law Allowing Trans Kids to Be Taken From Their Families

The state can now kidnap kids in Florida.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed a horrifying bill Wednesday that will let the state take transgender minors away from their families if they are receiving gender-affirming care.

The new law will allow the state to take custody of a child if they have been “subjected to or [are] threatened with being subjected to” gender-affirming care, which includes puberty blockers and hormone replacement therapy. Florida courts could modify custody agreements from a different state if the minor is likely to receive gender-affirming care in that second state. The text refers to gender-affirming care as “sex-reassignment prescriptions or procedures” and qualifies this care as a form of “physical harm.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 2

22 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

They all must think Trump is going to jail?

Only chance DeSantis has.  

He's not trying to beat Trump.  Or to win the general.  

He's trying to be the second best choice, if Trump is in jail.  And to not piss off Trump's voters.  

3 hours ago, Fergasun said:

They all must think Trump is going to jail?

I don't think they need to look ahead that far.

At some point very soon The republican establishment is going to be asked to put its power behind a dude who is under indictment for treason, insurrection and a multitude of other things that seem trivial next to those to.

If they don't want to get absolutely slaughtered in a general election, its probably best to not push the guy with that many red flags on swing voters.

Whether or not the R establishment pushes a dude in that position will take earlier prescience than any ruling we get in any of these cases. Competitors see that, and they are getting their feet in the door to be "next man up".

16 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Not good enough, put him in front of a camera and have him say that, its the only attack ad you'll ever need for him.

7 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Glenn! is going in!

Haha! Read the comments in that thread, doesn't look good for ol' Glenn. He's serious too! He put away the fleece vest for adult people suits now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

North Dakota Republican Gov. Doug Burgum likely to run for president

As potential Republican contenders Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former Vice President Mike Pence and South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott move closer to announcing their entries into the GOP presidential fray, another potential candidate is also likely to be throwing his hat into the ring.

CBS News has learned that North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum is nearing a decision to launch a dark-horse bid for the White House, and has begun hiring political consultants who have advised previous Republican presidential campaigns, according to GOP sources familiar with the planning.

Click on the link for the full article

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Not good enough, put him in front of a camera and have him say that, its the only attack ad you'll ever need for him.

Haha! Read the comments in that thread, doesn't look good for ol' Glenn. He's serious too! He put away the fleece vest for adult people suits now.

Matt Strickland is not amused.

And checking in from Chesterfield Co:

• Haha 2

One of my coworkers is running against the Gourmeltz guy for a state senate seat. I don’t think he was raided for covid violations, i think he was raided for repeatedly selling alcohol to underaged people. But, i guess, selling booze to kids doesn’t gin up the crackers in Fredricksburg like flouting covid rules does.