Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Basketball

PleaseBlitz

29 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Penn State a basketball school now??

School has only recently decided to care about the sport and spend money on it with coach salaries, etc.  They've been building a pipeline from Philly but it may still be a few years.

This year they live and die by the 3 pointer and have caught lightning in a bottle recently.

2 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I thought they had the better band last night. Grooving on the Daft Punk, Journey, and the Earth Wind and even Fire. Dukes drummer was legit tho. Like a young Mitch Mitchell he was. 🤓

Duh, Duke isn't known as a musical powerhouse  :ols:

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Maryland - WVU NCAA matchup...

Should be an interesting game. WVUs schedule has been brutal so I really have no idea how good they are. They do lack consistent scoring and outside shooting this year...which is never a good thing. 

Either team could give Bama trouble in Rd 2...but I'd expect Bama to roll through this region.  

Edited by The Evil Genius

WVU’s best player is as streaky a player as Ive ever seen, and he’s a bit of a headcase. He cost us a game against Oklahoma State because he hit a huge 3 but then taunted the crowd (specifically Marcus Smart, who was in town and sitting courtside) and got ejected and gave OSU 2 crucial free points. But he plays hard AF and if he gets hot, he can put up 25 or 30.  If he struggles, we don’t really have anyone else that can consistently score. We also do pretty well on the offensive boards and are battle tested, we played 19 quad 1 games this year.

I know zip about Maryland so any insights would be great. 

1 minute ago, Die Hard said:

UCLA lacks their only big man who produces due to injury. Need a big man to win in the tourney. The Bruins are prime for an upset early.

Maybe. But they have Jaquez who is one of the best players in the country imo. The don't have the toughest path. They do have some injuries right now admittedly. 

1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

Maybe. But they have Jaquez who is one of the best players in the country imo. The don't have the toughest path. They do have some injuries right now admittedly. 

Yeah but guards run hot and cold. And they don’t have a consistent/reliable 2 option. Rotates each game. All it takes is for Jaquez to run cold and the team is finished. And the chances of him carrying the team on his shoulders against the countries best… I wouldn’t bet it.

UCLA always schedules a heavy slate of small schools each year to build momentum. But it also gives a false sense of security.

• Thumb up 1

^ All good points. I am counting on experience being a factor. Campbell and Bailey should be able to give them some scoring.

I think TCU could give them a tough matchup in the Sweet 16. I think Gonzaga is actually the team primed for upset in that bracket.

I haven't been following teams at all this year, other than to check in on MSU's up and down play.  Therefore I will probably have my best set of picks ever, yet still have my bracket busted early.  Somehow I ended up picking Arizona to win it all, yet I don't feel like they're the team to beat.  

As usual, it should be fun to watch with the requisite upsets.

12 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

What you know about Oral Robert's? I read their culture is damn good. 😯

Moreso that 12 seeds win at a little over 35% of the time and Duke is coming in overrated after the ACC tourney win (the lowest ranked of the P6 conferences this year).. 

Teams I wouldn't sleep on in the first round are Oral Roberts, Iona, and FAU. 

• Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Moreso that 12 seeds win at a little over 35% of the time and Duke is coming in overrated after the ACC tourney win (the lowest ranked of the P6 conferences this year).. 

Teams I wouldn't sleep on in the first round are Oral Roberts, Iona, and FAU. 

Duke is a very different team than they were two months ago. ACC is weak this year, yes, but they can make some noise. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I really hope Texas A&M got the 7 seed instead of what they deserved (probably a 5 or 6) because of last year's ****ing. 😆

4 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

Duke is a very different team than they were two months ago. ACC is weak this year, yes, but they can make some noise. 

I won't be surprised if they make the Final Four..but I'm not like Jay Bilas picking them to win it all. 😆

Nothing would make me happier though than seeing Duke and UVA get bounced in the first round.