Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Basketball

PleaseBlitz

^ There were also two long reviews, one on an illegal screen which I have never seen, after a WVU player asked for a review, which I also have never heard of.

Ever since I posted about Brown he has hit like four shots.  I see NBA potential in him.

21 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Hosed. 

Agreed but the team also lacks offense and that showed when they couldn't add on to big leads early in both halves. They also need to be good enough to overcome blown calls and they weren't all year. 

Next year will be interesting as this team had 7 seniors/grad transfers. Not sure if WVU will be back in the tourney next year. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Re: Bennett at UVA

That Pat Forde article is silly.  College coaches are paid to be a positive influence on kids/young men and develop high character human beings, win the conference and conference championships and lastly to go deep in March. 

(Maybe I am being pollyannaish with the positive attitude / high character stuff, but I know as a parent what I would want for my kid were they in NCAA sports).  

UVA basketball is relevant because of him and won an NCAA championship.  Even without that NCAA championship, he would still have a highly successful track record.   Fire the guy that put your program on the national map?

• Like 2

Since they only make the NCAA tournament once every decade, I went ahead and picked Penn State to win it all for the hell of it.  Confidence level is "just slightly higher than winning Powerball" but I'm already looking better than the two friends in my group who had Arizona in the final...or the one who had UVA in the Elite 8.

There's a reason this is called "March Madness" and it feels like it's gotten crazier in the past 10 years.  Yup...  cursory glance at "Biggest Upsets in March Madness history..."  it does seem like we are getting more upsets and magical Final 4 runs. 

But... UConn (7 seed) in 2014 is the last greater than 4th seed to win the whole thing (and it was a bizarre 7 vs. 8 final).   Arizona was a 4 seed and won it in 1997, Kansas a 6 seed and won in 1988, and of course we have 8 seeded Villanova and 6 seeded NC State. 

This is why you should stick with 3 seeds or better to win.