Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Basketball

PleaseBlitz

• 2 weeks later...

Former Pitt Great Brandin Knight Blasts Jim Boeheim, ‘A Lot of Us Know Who Got Paid’

Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim has once again created national headlines with some controversial comments.

The 78-year-old Boeheim, who’s in the midst of another disappointing season, seems to be indirectly blaming their struggles on the impact of the transfer portal and NIL opportunities for athletes.

Syracuse is 14-10 and only 7-6 in the ACC. This once proud and nationally relevant basketball program hasn’t been ranked in four years and is on course to miss the NCAA Tournament for the second consecutive season.

Here is the quote that Boeheim is getting the most attention from.

“This is an awful place we’re in in college basketball,” Boeheim said, per Thamel’s story. “Pittsburgh bought a team. OK, fine. My (big donor) talks about it, but he doesn’t give anyone any money. Nothing. Not one guy. Our guys make like $20,000. Wake Forest bought a team. Miami bought a team…. It’s like, ‘Really, this is where we are?’ That’s really where we are, and it’s only going to get worse.”

“It’s crazy. That’s why those guys got out- that’s why Jay (Wright) got out, Mike (Krzyzewski) got out,” Boeheim said. “That’s the reason they got out. The transfer portal and everything is nuts. It really is.”

Since his original interview with ESPN’s Pete Thamel, Boeheim has tried to went back on his comments because of the negativity and criticism he’s received from many people throughout the college basketball community.

Wake Forest head coach Steve Forbes took exception to Boeheim’s comments by responding., “He’s wrong. He’s one thousand percent wrong. I don’t have one player on my team that got NIL to come here. That’s a fact. I’ve NEVER had a player come here for NIL.”

Forbes isn’t the only coach that spoke out against Boeheim, as former Pitt great and current Rutgers assistant Brandin Knight had the strongest comments.

“This sounds like sour grapes. Next time ask Jim Boeheim how many teams he bought before NIL was legal. Don’t throw stones in a glass house. Remember you’ve been coaching a lot of years and a lot of us know who got paid.”

Click on the link for the full article

36 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

New Mexico St shuts down their season based on undisclosed allegations.  They must be horrific to get to this point.  It has nothing to do with a player shooting earlier this season.

It's a sad shame for what's usually a competitive team.  Also my alma mater and home town team.  I knew Heiar was toast after the shooting and clear curfew violations.  Should just have gotten rid of him then.  I suspect our athletic director is going to have to scramble for his job too.