Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

25 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Bezos brings instant relevance.

How long will that "relevance" last if the team continues being a middle of the pack team. Having a rich owner guarantees nothing. How much relevance did Rob Walton bring the Broncos? Having a well run team that wins is what brings relevance.

8 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

How long will that "relevance" last if the team continues being a middle of the pack team. Having a rich owner guarantees nothing. How much relevance did Rob Walton bring the Broncos? Having a well run team that wins is what brings relevance.

Walton was announced as the winner in June and approved in August. 

Regardless, Rob Walton is not famous or known. He has a recognizable last name but no one knows who he is. If you showed his picture to 100 people maybe 1 would know who he is. If you showed 100 people Bezos picture well over 90 or more know who he is.

Google news stories on Rob Walton. How many come up that don’t involve the Broncos? Now google Bezos. That’s the difference. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I bet you 90x to 1000x would recognize Bezos over Rob Walton. That’s the point.

But Bezos is pretty famous. You don’t think he has a recognizable face among average Americans?

I don't think so. You grab 100 random people and I don't think 90 of them would know who he is. He's not an entertainer or a famous athlete. 

Edited by No Nonsense

16 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

I'm not sure what this is about, but it could easily be something I'm not aware of.

There is Peter King, the sportswriter.

There is Peter King the representative from N.Y.

Which one were you referring to ?

Sports guy was my reference -😎

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe Dan just sits on the bid for another week or two, and then just gives up or lures a bidder to add more and then sells.   He has nothing to lose i gather to sit on it for a week or two to see if anyone blinks

While I agree, if there is any truth to Snyder’s problematic cash flow issues and his need for funds - he can’t be waiting too long (especially with mid-May payments coming due).

1 minute ago, jjpomeroy said:

While I agree, if there is any truth to Snyder’s problematic cash flow issues and his need for funds - he can’t be waiting too long (especially with mid-May payments coming due).

All indications are there is plenty to his cash flow issues.  But i doubt its sensitive to the extent where if he can't wait it out for 1-3 weeks more

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Of course he’s taking a bid. That bid will come from Allen and Company on behalf of Bezos. That’s been inevitable from day 1. The fact that Josh Harris’ final bid has been dangling out there for nearly 3 weeks now makes it even more likely. 

Or, alternatively, you’re wrong and we all get to point and laugh at you. This sort of stuff is the lifeblood of dying forums around the internet, thank you for your service. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

All indications are there is plenty to his cash flow issues.  But i doubt its sensitive to the extent where if he can't wait it out for 1-3 weeks more

If Bezos bids - definitely worth it.  

To be a fly on the wall at BOA and Allen and Co would be interesting.  While absolutely no one on this thread has any more insight than pure guesses - after the Harris Group bid got trumped by the Walton bid - I wonder if they attached an expiry to the offer.  Especially with all the speculation about Bezos .

47 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Google news stories on Rob Walton. How many come up that don’t involve the Broncos? Now google Bezos. That’s the difference. 

…and there are downsides with this as well, you realize. Some of us don’t want the owner to be the story, for once. Especially as a lightning rod for controversy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

Or, alternatively, you’re wrong and we all get to point and laugh at you. This sort of stuff is the lifeblood of dying forums around the internet, thank you for your service. 

At this point seemingly the odds are totally against me. I called my shot and I’m sticking with it. We will know soon enough. But for off-season entertainment value this has been fantastic! 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

It doesn't matter what percentage of the team Magic owns.  He's not by reputation a silent minority partner like many others.

the Sportico guy who broke the story about Magic's interest said the Dodgers lean heavily on Magic as their public face.  He speaks for the team more so that the majority owners.  And he likes to leverage his celebrity status.  He expected the same in this case with Washington.

Him going into this as Sheehan pointed out more heavily than he did for the Dodgers coupled with the Sportico reporter's comments and Magic's own's comments -- its clear you will see Magic in action plenty of Harris ends up with the team.

Why Magic Johnson Is The Perfect Face For Dodgers

“In the case of the Dodgers, there is a community relations role, a behind-the scenes business role, a real estate component and a media component,” said Phil de Picciotto, founder and president of Octagon Sports and Entertainment.“If you look at Magic’s business ventures, at whatever level of his participation, he has touched all of these core areas.”

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-i-leave-them-alone-magic-johnson-who-owns-a-part-of-the-4-billion-los-angeles-dodgers-doesnt-interact-with-the-players-before-games/

according to Magic, even on the sidelines, he is as into the games as the players. He confessed that he sweats profusely, almost as if he played the game himself.

Johnson is proud of the Los Angeles Dodgers

In the same interview, Johnson revealed how he is proud of the Los Angeles Dodgers. He loves how they play and also their winning spirit. But what he most appreciates is how fans love the team and have maintained high footfall to the ballpark.

Magic has owned the club for the last ten years. Though not the majority stake owner in the team, he leads the group of owners. The club is currently worth a whopping $4.08 billion.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/dodgers/2013/10/03/magic-johnson-dodgers-wont-pursue-robinson-cano/2919459/

ATLANTA -- Los Angeles Dodgers owner Magic Johnson wants to build a dynasty like the New York Yankees, but divulged Thursday they won't be trying to steal the Yankees' biggest star to help make it happen: free agent second baseman Robinson Cano.

"I can't talk about the other guy,'' Johnson said, "but you already know that guy in New York is going to be paid. Not by us. But he's going to get paid.''

• Thumb up 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

At this point seemingly the odds are totally against me. I called my shot and I’m sticking with it. We will know soon enough. But for off-season entertainment value this has been fantastic! 

Hedging now huh?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

At least if this was a twitter war, Magic juices up that Harris bid in that context, purely with the fans.  Plenty of tweets like this.  

Well, the team does have troubles with foot injuries so maybe winning pedicures would be of help.

Edited by Monte51Coleman
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Hedging now huh?

No from day 1 I said it’s inevitable. I’m just pointing out the odds are against me and my relative genius will shown to be even more profound than it normally is given the fact I’m going against the conventional wisdom of those covering this team the closest. By relative genius I mean I have a slightly above average intelligence on this one where as the others not so much. 😂 

I haven’t hedged at all.  We will see soon enough. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jjpomeroy said:

If Bezos bids - definitely worth it.  

To be a fly on the wall at BOA and Allen and Co would be interesting.  While absolutely no one on this thread has any more insight than pure guesses - after the Harris Group bid got trumped by the Walton bid - I wonder if they attached an expiry to the offer.  Especially with all the speculation about Bezos .

Not sure what Harris would do.  If you go by the people who are covering the sale as each day marches on it feels less like Bezos engages but obviously the insiders involved know what's actually going on.  So we don't know if Bezos is giving the cold shoulder to Dan or instead telling him to hang in there. 

The most pessmistic take on Bezos is the NY Post guy who said he's heard that Dan's camp is worried that Bezos never ends up bidding. But that was like 2 weeks ago so who knows.

The other wildcard is the "mystery" bidder that Keim keeps stressing.  It's clear the mystery bidder whomever that is didn't make a big enough offer.

But i'd get the logic from Dan's side to just sit on it for a little longer and see what happens.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure what Harris would do.  If you go by the people who are covering the sale as each day marches on it feels less like Bezos engages but obviously the insiders involved know what's actually going on.  So we don't know if Bezos is giving the cold shoulder to Dan or instead telling him to hang in there. 

The most pessmistic take on Bezos is the NY Post guy who said he's heard that Dan's camp is worried that Bezos never ends up bidding. But that was like 2 weeks ago so who knows.

The other wildcard is the "mystery" bidder that Keim keeps stressing.  It's clear the mystery bidder whomever that is didn't make a big enough offer.

But i'd get the logic from Dan's side to just sit on it for a little longer and see what happens.

Logic and Dan should never be in the same sentence,  SIP. Shame on you for such an error. 🤣

....OK, carry on. 

HTTR!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Logic and Dan should never be in the same sentence,  SIP. Shame on you for such an error. 🤣

....OK, carry on. 

HTTR!

I'd add waiting too long to pounce on potential deals when his leverage is at its highest is his hallmark -- happened with the stadium quest, trade value for players, etc.

I'll give him though he lucked into buying out his minority partners, his douche behavior led to a perfect storm of good luck at least financially for him -- but as for keeping the team it arguably help lead to his undoing. 

So in general timing isn't Dan's strong suit -- he seems to suck at everything he does. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd add waiting too long to pounce on potential deals when his leverage is at its highest is his hallmark -- happened with the stadium quest, trade value for players, etc.

I'll give him though he lucked into buying out his minority partners, his douche behavior led to a perfect storm of good luck at least financially for him -- but as for keeping the team it arguably help lead to his undoing. 

So in general timing isn't Dan's strong suit -- he seems to suck at everything he does. 

He just sucks.  He's really good at that.

• Like 1