Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

This kind of transaction wouldn't be communicated through some morning show, he should have said something along the lines of "no comment" we'll see what happens. 

This seems like another push to Dan saying "pick us please".

Just smells funny to me, is all.

He didn't say anything that wasn't already public.  He's part of the ownership and he put in a bid.  He talked about what it would mean to him.  All of that is in bounds.  If they asked him how much was the bid, how has Dan reacted, etc -- that would be out of bounds.

I'd figure if it wasn't going well let alone they are out -- I'd think he's tone down his enthusiasm because it just would make him look more foolish if they don't get it.

Is there a purpose behind it?  Probably.  Finlay suspects maybe the league is encouraging some new attention to this so Dan stops sitting on his butt with the sale.   I am not sure it would be the league but maybe the Harris group.  Personally, I got no idea but i am not so sure him speaking is a negative sign for the Harris team. 

And again, I'll preface things with am more than cool if its Bezos.  Finlay just talked about him, he doesn't think he does this, he thinks he'd have made his move by now.  Personallt, I don't know but eventually i am going to stop assuming he will bid, time keeps marching on. 

Bezos is not my top choice but he's my 1B to my 1A which is Harris.  Magic clearly brings some juice to this.  And boy is does this team that needs some PR juice.   And I suspect Bezos will do something similar on that front.  Bezos is a big name but I'd bet he would bring a celebrity as were the rumbilings early on. 

As for Magic, you can see it on twitter, talk radio, etc.  He brings positive attetnion.  This is the team as I mentioned before was lumped it with the Titans when GMF responded to viewer complaints about how they like to favor talking about specfic teams -- they responded by mentioning the Commanders along with the Titans as the type of teams that fans don't want to hear much about -- boring.   Multiple ESPN writers lately have talked about how irrelevant this team is in the league.  We are in the bottom in sales or close to it, not just tickets, merchandise, jerseys, etc.

Not one thing alone is going to lift this team up and bring it back to relevance.  But hey Magic is a national celebrity, good guy.  Clearly he'd be an asset judging by early buzz and his reputation for what he brought to the Dodgers.

• Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He alluded to basically saying with Dan around this team wasn't going to get nice things everything being equal.  You have to pay a Snyder tax to lure players here and some players didn't want to come at all.  He said they were unlikley going to host the draft with Snyder around but with him gone that might open up.

Connecting the dots between Keim and Standig it feels like the powers that be want to show hey the wicked witch is dead -- this isn't a bad destination anymore and want to showcase that to the league. 

I'm not a Hard Knocks guy, but the draft being local would be nice things.

I'm assuming Hard Knocks for 2024?  Several fixes won't be a light switch and I think it would be good to show the changes vs confirm the horrors.  Haha

7 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Hard Knocks this year isn't going to do jack.  Just because you have a change in ownership isn't going to lure anyone.  It's still Dan Snyder's GM and Dan Snyder's head coach.

The time for hard knocks would be next year, when the new owner's gm and head coach are in place.  Also, more than likely; a new qb.

The league office from what I understand gets involved in the decision.  Rivera is actually mostly liked in the NFL from what I've observed nationally.  The Commissioner under oath testifying to Congress touted Ron.  Many say Jason Wright was pushed on this team from the league itself so somehow i doubt he's a net negative from the same people who actually pushed him for the job.

Otherwise, cool, not everyone has a defintive take on this.  Call me a dreamer, then...:ols:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

Why? I'm not making the connection here...

Idk? Just a gut feeling I got. Nothing concrete at all.

Maybe it was Magic’s quote “I think if they bless us- Mr. Snyder blesses us…” has me thinking negatively 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by NYSkins21
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

I'm not a Hard Knocks guy, but the draft being local would be nice things.

I'm assuming Hard Knocks for 2024?  Several fixes won't be a light switch and I think it would be good to show the changes vs confirm the horrors.  Haha

they are up this year.  they might not qualify for 2024 -- if I recall a playoff appearance rules you out, ditto a new coaching staff.  I think there is a good chance they are either in the playoffs or if not we get a new coach.  So the odds are slim they qualify for 2024.

Actually on 2nd thought, that's the teams can't be forced to be on the show.  I guess they can always solicit the show.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

This tweet is exactly why the Harris group sent Magic to the Today Show. They're trying to get media/public support to force Dan's hand.

Not saying it's wrong, but the strategy here is clear as day.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

This Magic thing is telling me the Harris group is out. Just a gut feeling, I could be wrong. 

I doubt that.   Unless Bezos swoops in with a larger bid, Harris should be the winner.  The Canadian guy, while reportedly bidding the same amount as Harris, might not pass the nfl's muster. Harris apparently has a more solid bid but it might not be exactly 6 billion.    The so called mystery bidder, who's supposedly more richer than Harris and MR. Canada; isn't bidding near 6 Billion. He's not valuing the team that high.

So, basically this bidding is probably up to Harris or Bezos topping it   I think whether Bezos bids or not, is all that's left.  Unlike SCS confidence that Bezos has the team, we don't know that.   First, does Jeff even make the bid?  Jeff may decide that this team isn't worth making a purchase.  Despite his interest in the past and now; he may decide that this team isn't worth his investment.  Now, if Bezos does make a bid; what amount does he bid.   Does he just bid 6 Billion, to match Dan's asking price?  Or does he bid about 6.5 billion to ensure noone outbids him?  Or does he bid under 6 Billion, not wanting to overpay?  

So, we waiting to see if Bezos does indeed swoop in or Harris ends up the winner.

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

they are up this year.  they might not qualify for 2024 -- if I recall a playoff appearance rules you out, ditto a new coaching staff.  I think there is a good chance they are either in the playoffs or if not we get a new coach.  So the odds are slim they qualify for 2024.

Actually on 2nd thought, that's the teams can't be forced to be on the show.  I guess they can always solicit the show.

That's fair, as mentioned I'm not a hard knocks guy either way.  I feel like if the goal is rejuvenation, changes need to be there first.  Maybe Dan gone is enough to change the vibe, but we can't even get that locked down just yet either.

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

This tweet is exactly why the Harris group sent Magic to the Today Show. They're trying to get media/public support to force Dan's hand.

Not saying it's wrong, but the strategy here is clear as day.

Dan seems to be sitting on this proposal.   Finlay seems to think (guessing) the league encouraged this to spurr Dan on.

Feels like an owner of the house, doesn't quite get his asking price and is waiting to see if that changes.

You got Bezos, who some think still might bid, more people do not seem to think he does.  And then there is a mystery bidder (who isn't bezos) and that bidder clearly hasn't met his asking price either.

Maybe Dan just sits on the bid for another week or two, and then just gives up or lures a bidder to add more and then sells.   He has nothing to lose i gather to sit on it for a week or two to see if anyone blinks

8 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

That's fair, as mentioned I'm not a hard knocks guy either way.  I feel like if the goal is rejuvenation, changes need to be there first.  Maybe Dan gone is enough to change the vibe, but we can't even get that locked down just yet either.

I think the team's problem in the mix of things is no one cares about it nationally anymore -- its not just associated with sleaze but its also boring/irrelevant.  I've not seen a team being kicked for being boring-irrelevant in the league like this team in recent years.  We are a punchline for irrelevance.

Being a long time fan, and living in an area with many transplants, I never felt this way untuil recent years but it feels like i root for one of the more obscure teams in the league.  I see jerseys from team after team in my travels -- with this team its so rare that when it happens its uber memorable.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think the team's problem in the mix of things is no one cares about it nationally anymore -- its not just associated with sleaze but its also boring/irrelevant.  I've not seen a team being kicked for being boring-irrelevant in the league like this team in recent years.  We are a punchline for irrelevance.

Being a long time fan, and living in an area with many transplants, I never felt this way untuil recent years but it feels like i root for one of the more obscure teams in the league.  I see jerseys from team after team in my travels -- with this team its so rare that when it happens its uber memorable.  

I think the team's problem in the mix of things is no one cares about it nationally anymore

As a timer lost in fading memories of the glory days of yore it's saddening to read this because it is so painfully true.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

This Magic thing is telling me the Harris group is out. Just a gut feeling, I could be wrong. 

They seem to be done negotiating. They submitted their bid and won’t increase it from the sound of that. Then they are kinda begging Dan to take the offer. Might be a smart way to play Dan but if you are confident in your offer you would put an expiration date on it and that doesn’t seem to be the case. 

I love Magic but the whole hey my dad just died please accept my bid is odd. It’s a business deal. He’s a businessman. 

So sounds like the best and final from Harris is in. As soon as the others drop out, it will be time for Bezos to end it. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Winning will change that. Just look at the Bills.

That's fine and dandy but you can't guarantee a winning organization nor can it happen tomorrow.

It would be foolish not to utilize guaranteed measures to boost national prominence alongside the effort to become a consistent winner.

Can't dump all your eggs in a basket that may never materialize.

• Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Winning will change that. Just look at the Bills.

We're going to be irrelevant for a while, until the new owner cleans house, and more importantly, we finally get a franchise QB.  The franchise QB part is HUGE, because if you don't have that guy, AND you're not named any one of the following teams (Packers, Steelers, Cowboys or 49ers), then you might as well just not exist.  QB's draw eyes and discussion, and that mostly ties into why we've been irrelevant for 30+ years now.  The Bills were irrelevant, until they got Josh Allen.  The Chiefs were hardly ever getting primetime games before they got Mahommes.  I don't have to tell you about how irrelevant the Patriots were in the 80's and most of the 90's, before they got Tom Brady.

QB's matter most in the NFL.  It's the most important position in sports, so it's going to warrant the most discussion and viewership when you have a unicorn QB.  We (along with the Bears, Lions, Jets and Browns) have been in the dark ages the past 30 years because of this.  We won when the QB position didn't matter as much, unlike those other teams.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, samy316 said:

We're going to be irrelevant for a while, until the new owner cleans house, and more importantly, we finally get a franchise QB. 

Bezos brings instant relevance. If he buys the team we will be in every conversation and not just on sports segments. Harris doesn’t have that cachet. Magic’s 2% share doesn’t have it either. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

That's fine and dandy but you can't guarantee a winning organization nor can it happen tomorrow.

It would be foolish not to utilize guaranteed measures to boost national prominence alongside the effort to become a consistent winner.

Can't dump all your eggs in a basket that may never materialize.

I am not sure what you are smoking but I have the Commanders going to the SB with Sam Howell as the QB this year. :D

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Yes Dan keeping the team would be such a good laugh. 

Well if he remains in London, maybe they'll be able to have this team working fine without Dan even noticing.

But I believe some report would get leaked to the press if Dan doesn't accept any bids...

2 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

SoCal knows Snyder's going to take a bid, regardless.

Of course he’s taking a bid. That bid will come from Allen and Company on behalf of Bezos. That’s been inevitable from day 1. The fact that Josh Harris’ final bid has been dangling out there for nearly 3 weeks now makes it even more likely. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1