Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

58 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

The team botched this so badly. The perfect name was Washington Americans - it would have done two things allowed them to keep the best logo ever made in sports and second take the “americas team” crap from Dallas

lol come back to reality man, the logo was never staying the same. Ever. Under any circumstance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

More Keim in that same podcast he interviewed Michael Phillips.

A.  This is a really cheap organization and Bruce Allen in particular helped foster that no frills culture.  The no frills, we aren't spending on this and that fostered resentment in that building.  Among other things scouts would leave here because they didn't pay well compared to other teams.  People weren't really taken care of the would they should be.  Keim said some would complain why does that building have so many leaks -- part of that was people weren't happy there.  Keim's point is the new owner would likely want to show that he's investing in this product unlike the Dan-Bruce regime

To quote Keim, "Bruce Allen was cheap as hell."  it's gotten better in recent times but its still not what it should be.

B.  Talked again about the mystery bidder.  Keim again repeated its not Bezos.  And was just simply told that this person is uber rich.  He took that as richer than the current bidders.  Adding my own editorial to that, whomever that person is they clearly don't value this purchase at 6 billion thus far otherwise I gather they'd own the team by now if they have the most money.

C.  Talked some more about the stadium.    The gist is that DC is likely a pain in the ass to chase down, lot of political hurdles.  Then add the component of you can't build other commerical development around the area which is a cash cow -- so he feels right now if he had to guess this the stadium won't end up in DC no matter what.

D.  Dan and the Maryland Governor wasn't hot towards the end.  A new owner can likely re-establish a good relationship with the new Governor.

E.  Internally they think this organization gets a major jolt when Dan leaves -- more sponsorships, more fans going to games.  They are excited about it. 

F.  It's not if Dan sells, it's when. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I’m resolved to whatever they do about the brand at this point, to include keeping it the way it is, but I do know they will never pick an obtainable name that is universally liked no matter how cool.  A sizable chunk of the Facebook comments crowd is still all in on returning to Redskins.

For years it was change the name.  Now it’s change it again.  I’m beyond exhausted by the never ending discussion/complaining.  I’m a Commanders fan until/if/when it is changed again.  I will then call them whatever it is changed to, because they are my home team regardless of their name.  

• Like 3

Considering the team is a distressed asset and the amount needed to rebuild it and needing a new stadium; this team really isn’t worth 5.6 billion as valued. Hell, I don’t think this team is even worth 5 Billion.  Dan should be thankful he will get 6 billion or close to it.

As for the name, the Commanders likely staying. They may change the color scheme or logo or uniforms but changing the name is the last on the list of things to  do or need to do.  There are more important things to do before looking at the name.

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

B.  Talked again about the mystery bidder.  Keim again repeated its not Bezos.  And was just simply told that this person is uber rich.  He took that as richer than the current bidders.

Michael Bloomberg would fit the uber rich bill. Forbes pegs his net worth at $94 billion: https://www.forbes.com/real-time-billionaires/#6efed7a33d78. There was a passing reference about a month ago to Bloomberg's possible interest in the Commanders: https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-owners-concerned-washington-commanders-sale/. But since then, apart from speculation that he might want to buy the Washington Post from Bezos, I don't recall seeing anything else linking him even tangentially to the Commanders.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dirty harry said:

Michael Bloomberg would fit the uber rich bill. Forbes pegs his net worth at $94 billion: https://www.forbes.com/real-time-billionaires/#6efed7a33d78. There was a passing reference about a month ago to Bloomberg's possible interest in the Commanders: https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-owners-concerned-washington-commanders-sale/. But since then, apart from speculation that he might want to buy the Washington Post from Bezos, I don't recall seeing anything else linking him even tangentially to the Commanders.

I think that was based on a tweet from either the NY Post guy or the Fox Business News where they referenced Bezos in the context of the sale selling the WP and Bloomberg was mentioned buying the WP but the tweet was written oddly and you had to read it multiple times to dicipher it.  I thnk that fooled that blogger.  We were initially fooled here, too until digesting it further.

Listening to Galdi's podcast.  I think its going to be a new thing for me first thing in the morning, he's good. I've always liked him.  And it sucks that Sheehan is now at 10 am and there is no other options aside from the Junkies. 

I tried the Junkies for the first hour, and it was brutal for me.  I don't mind them in small doses when they do interviews, that's how I listened to them in podcasts in the past.  But straight up Junkies bantering with each other -- a brutal listen, at least for me. :ols:. But the thing I find the most annoying about them is they are the one and only group of people on 980 or 106.7 who know ridiculously so little about sports, yet they try to wing it, and IMO its a tough listen.  Bad enough to listen to some where I don't agree with their takes but I don't mind as long as they are entertaining.  Much worse to listen to hot takes from people who know so little about sports.

But getting past my rant about how my sports talk mornings are now ruined.  Galdi made the same guess about Bezos that I've made which is Dan really really really really wants Bezos to bid.  And the question is does Bezos want to bid and for that matter maybe he would have but he's pissed about the early on leaks from Dan's side (true or not, no way to know) that they are prohibiting Bezos to bid and now in turn he won't bid and wait for Seattle.

And I know some suspect Dan just wants to use Bezos just to spike the other bids.  My guess is maybe Dan started at that point but now is getting desperate when he's seeing that no one is meeting his 6 billion minimum threshold and would kill for Bezos to put in a big bid.

I do think there is a chance the tables have turned from Dan playing hard to get where some wondered if it were for keeps, to now Bezos playing hard to get back where some are wondering if he's playing for keeps and won't bid.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, dirty harry said:

Mike Bloomberg is 85 years old and still very much wrapped up in his own business. His moves always tie in to his company's core business, including his acquisitions and development of news outlets over the years. I've never heard of him being a big sports fan. 

Buying the Post would be a good move for him in terms of beefing up his company's political coverage. I don't see him buying a football team. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I tried the Junkies for the first hour, and it was brutal for me.  I don't mind them in small doses when they do interviews, that's how I listened to them in podcasts in the past.  But straight up Junkies bantering with each other -- a brutal listen, at least for me. :ols:. But the thing I find the most annoying about them is they are the one and only group of people on 980 or 106.7 who know ridiculously so little about sports, yet they try to wing it, and IMO its a tough listen.  Bad enough to listen to some where I don't agree with their takes but I don't mind as long as they are entertaining.  Much worse to listen to hot takes from people who know so little about sports.

The Junkies have always been more in the "guy talk" niche of talk radio than in the realm of sports radio. They were on WJFK *before* it switched over from talk to sports. I'd never listen to them if I wanted informed sports reporting or analysis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good lord how does anyone listen to the Junkies? I tuned in when I got into work 15 minutes ago and all they've talked about is Popeyes and some other non sense. I get it all radio hosts/shows go off on tangents, and maybe if you're a long time listener its endearing, but when you're moved into a new time slot and on another platform its imperative that you get new folks engaged right away. This show appears to be a massive joke. 

Sorry a little off topic.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, FlyBigBeard said:
16 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

If the stand alone words Red and Wolves are offensive then we have bigger issues. This country has got so soft it's sickening. 

Expand  

I take everything Chad Ryan says with a huge grain of salt.  He mostly parrots everything other analysts say - the Australian version of Rick Snider.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Good lord how does anyone listen to the Junkies? I tuned in when I got into work 15 minutes ago and all they've talked about is Popeyes and some other non sense. I get it all radio hosts/shows go off on tangents, and maybe if you're a long time listener its endearing, but when you're moved into a new time slot and on another platform its imperative that you get new folks engaged right away. This show appears to be a massive joke. 

What fresh hell is this?! I tuned into 106.7 this morning and naturally the Junkies weren't talking about sports. As usual, their topics were gambling, fantasy sports, teasing Valdez, sex, and Popeyes food. Normally when this happens (about 90% of the time) I change stations to 980 AM and listen to Sheehan. Guess what...the Junkies are on 980 now too. So now DC has NO dedicated sports talk radio during drive time in the mornings...🥴

I know its repetitive, groundhog day, but what the heck :ols:

Sheehan just now.

A.  Still thinks Harris wins the bid

B.  Thinks its on the brink, coming soon. 

What's new

A.  Sheehan was told Magic Johnson's investment in this team will be much bigger than what he did with the Dodgers.  2 to 3 times more than that.  So in the 100-150 million range

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know its repetitive, groundhog day, but what the heck :ols:

Sheehan just now.

A.  Still thinks Harris wins the bid

B.  Thinks its on the brink, coming soon. 

What's new

A.  Sheehan was told Magic Johnson's investment in this team will be much bigger than what he did with the Dodgers.  2 to 3 times more than that.  So in the 100-150 million range

Would love to know what Sheehan really knows but he cant say.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Unless it's a sport I care about, or they have John Keim on for an interview, I gladly turn them off.  Most of their show is complete drivel that is so uninteresting it makes my brain hurt.  When they start riffing on gambling, or what they did this weekend, etc. it's unlistenable.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Would love to know what Sheehan really knows but he cant say.

Don't know but Sheehan doesn't know a lot of gossip-reporting but when he does, he's almost as accurate as Keim.

I think though this one is hard to predict because of the mystery buyer whomever that is, and does Bezos engage?     But with Dan setting May 12th as the date to pay the contracts he gave, the end game I'd presume has to come at some point sooner than later

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know but Sheehan doesn't know a lot of gossip-reporting but when he does, he's almost as accurate as Keim.

I think though this one is hard to predict because of the mystery buyer whomever that is, and does Bezos engage?     But with Dan setting May 12th as the date to pay the contracts he gave, the end game I'd presume has to come at some point sooner than later

This part seems generally specific insider info...

Just makes me wonder what else he knows and from whom.

7 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

This part seems generally specific insider info...

Just makes me wonder what else he knows and from whom.

Oh yeah that's a specific, he heard it from multiple sources he said.  Everything he says I buy that he heard from someone.

As for whom, have no clue.  He's close with Gutman who is close with Rales so maybe that's one of his sources.  But he did say he had multiple sources to it.

4 minutes ago, Monte51Coleman said:

I seriously doubt that Keim, Sheehan, etal know anymore than any average fan does. It’s not like they signed NDAs.

If they are making stuff up, that's a new rodeo for both of them.

Clearly some who are covering the story know more than we do. 

Reporters have leaked some of the bidders who weren't known previously.

They shot down for example, the Forbes article about 7 billion plus bids

Heck they even shot down the normally foolproof Schefter recently on a story.

So while some who are covering the story don't know a lot, and they own up to that, they still know more than we do, especially Keim.

• Thumb up 1

@Skinsinparadise I’m surprised you’ve only just started with Galdi’s podcast. When reading your radio segment breakdowns I always wondered why that wasn’t included

Sheehan is morphing into Loverro, the Junkies have been clowns for decades, and somehow Grant & Danny and JP and Bmitch are the best we have left, if you can believe it.

I’ve found myself defaulting to Galdi, who brings facts, numbers, analysis, both sides of a topic, and then his own take. Very consistent formula that gives me what I want to know. And his table of contents on Spotify for each podcast is huge when I’ve only got 20 min. 

His biggest L is carrying water for Thor Nystrom

whom I know isn’t the biggest celebrity in the draft thread 😂

oh and so not to derail any further, it’s been pretty quiet on the sale news front lately… has to be something brewing!

• Like 3