Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No. Everyone currently employed is on borrowed time.

Jason is likely the first person to go, as the new owner will want his own person in that role.

Then Ron will be told that the new owner is bringing in his own Gm. So, Ron won’t have that role anymore and his Gm crew will be replaced.

Ron will on evaluation mode for 23, but he probably needs a playoff appearance to return. If he starts outs slow, like he usually does; he will be fired in season.

Everyone else employed will be evaluated and whatever changes will be made in 24.

That's what I was thinking up until reading those quotes from Wright.

Trying to remain objectives about him so far, I realy disliked how he handled stuff, but he was also a good soldier for Dan and protected him as much as he can.

Reading those quotes, he looks like he's eager to keep on working for this franchise without Dan around. He basically told everyone that Dan was the problem a few days/weeks prior to the sale.

So that's a possibility that he could be better at the job without Dan above him. Same for almost everyone.

I could argue the same about Ron that was given full control. Maybe to try to get not much interference from Dan regarding the football side.

A smart new owner would evaluate everyone and see how they operate under a new regime that is more respectful of people within it and doesn't reign in fear.

Sometimes people makes wonder in a better environment. I know myself, I wouldn't give a **** if my boss was an asshole like Dan Snyder and wouldn't be a good employee because he wouldn't deserve it. But under a boss I like? Man I'm gonna do wonders.

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

The money shot will still be Bezos dumping his  Brink’s truck load of cash all over Snyder. 

When you are talking a price that is more than 10% of your LIQUID net worth, somebody like Jeff is going to only consider an asset that if not economically your best investment, still makes enough to be more than sustainable. We are not talking about some luxury item that is just a precious but an investment that must at least must be self sustaining (and probably an asset that is less liquid than his Amazon wealth). Now, Magic Johnson is the only proposed player here that has actively turned around a franchise and Harris owns one, so they know the work they'll have to do and Bezos may not, so, yeah, I could see him overbidding.

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ooh, Jeff. Buy it for me baby. Jeff, Jeff.

In a normal world, if Jeff wanted the team; it would b e his.

We aren't in a normal world because Dan is the seller.

Its not just Dan but a distressed asset your going to have to pour another 3-4B into to even put it out a mediocre product.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't get the impression even a little that the league doesn't want Bezos.  Sounds like the league is going to let Snyder do his own thing with the sale -- i am not convinced Bezos comes in with the Godfather bid that some expect but if he indeed did that I'd assume they would embrace it.  the more Dan gets for this the better it is for the league.

They probably don't want Bezos now knowing that given the valuation growth in NFL franchises, men like Bezos may soon be the only game in town when it comes to selling franchises.

It’s reasonable for people to be ‘reportedly’ skeptical to be honest. 6B must be a 30% increase on the Broncos sale price. Plus we have **** facilities and a world or trouble hanging around. 

The level of posturing by these journo’s is getting embarrassing through, right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

They probably don't want Bezos now knowing that given the valuation growth in NFL franchises, men like Bezos may soon be the only game in town when it comes to selling franchises.

From what most have said covering this, multiple people have said this the owners (or at least some of them) would love Bezos.

I am not one of the Bezos or bust people here.  I'd prefer Harris everything being equal.  but the stories following the sale basically suggest Bezos would be a popular choice among owners.  

Kraft and Jerry Jones even said so publicly

Just now, Est.1974 said:

It’s reasonable for people to be ‘reportedly’ skeptical to be honest. 6B must be a 30% increase on the Broncos sale price. Plus we have **** facilities and a world or trouble hanging around. 

The level of posturing by these journo’s is getting embarrassing through, right?

No one has been perfect covering the sale.  I've defended Perez some on this thread because he's been first on a few stories. 

But even I was skpetical betting on him versus Schefter yesterday but its starting to look like Perez out-sourced Schefter. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

No one has been perfect covering the sale.  I've defended Perez some on this thread because he's been first on a few stories. 

But even I was skpetical betting on him versus Schefter yesterday but its starting to look like Perez out-sourced Schefter. 

Not so sure you should hedge your bet just yet based on the word of Snyder’s mouthpiece Gasparino. His “according to one NFL source“ may actually refer to someone in Snyder’s camp, or even Snydely himself. 

Just now, woodpecker said:

Not so sure you should hedge your bet just yet based on the word of Snyder’s mouthpiece Gasparino. His “according to one NFL source“ may actually refer to someone in Snyder’s camp, or even Snydely himself. 

That's not what am doing.  We got Sheehan.  We got the NY Post.  We got Perez.  And now him.

Perez challenged it first.  It took balls to challenge Schefter.  But he went at it first.  then the NY Post did.  then Sheehan did.  Now, this.

Yeah they all can end up wrong, will see.  Perez want after the initial figures from Forbes magazine. He was proven correct.  This is round 2 for him, will see.

Sheehan doesn't report much but when he does he's rarely wrong.  As I posted on this thread this morning, he heard Harris' group will not bid 6 billion, they are in the high 5's but won't go further from what he heard.  That backed Perez's story.  NY Post pretty much did, too.  Gazparano is a bit on an island with the 5 billion stuff. 

• Thumb up 1

I think this could lead to the league assessing the criteria it has in place on sale/purchase parameters. Escalating prices to this level could seriously be isolating investors.

Plus, if they do re-assess that criteria, they may want to make sure nobody has a retrospective claim of being unfairly restricted in recent sales when compared to any new parameters. In particular this one ongoing now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's not what am doing.  We got Sheehan.  We got the NY Post.  We got Perez.  And now him.

Perez challenged it first.  It took balls to challenge Schefter.  But he went at it first.  then the NY Post did.  then Sheehan did.  Now, this.

Yeah they all can end up wrong, will see.  Perez want after the initial figures from Forbes magazine. He was proven correct.  This is round 2 for him, will see.

Sheehan doesn't report much but when he does he's rarely wrong.  As I posted on this thread this morning, he heard Harris' group will not bid 6 billion, they are in the high 5's but won't go further from what he heard.  That backed Perez's story.  NY Post pretty much did, too.  Gazparano is a bit on an island with the 5 billion stuff. 

Ahh thanks. Didn’t realize about Sheehan and NY Post. Doesn’t seem like we can believe anything we hear right now, even from sources who are typically reliable. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Ahh thanks. Didn’t realize about Sheehan and NY Post. Doesn’t seem like we can believe anything we hear right now, even from sources who are typically reliable. 

What we can believe is Harris bid.  But looks like there are conflicting reports of what he offered.  Perez's story and Sheehan matched pretty well -- they can end up right and wrong at the same time, maybe they are short of 6 billion but maybe they hit 6 billion soon. Or Schefter is right that they are at 6 billion already.

But right now its 4 reporters versus Schefter as to Harris being short of 6 billion.  The contingeny-triggers part of the story - Gasparano had in common with the NY Post -- while I get incentive based contracts, wonder how contingency numbers would work in a sale? 

Dan gets his 6 billion if when he's gone their revenue has a certain percentage of an uptick or something like that?  I wonder.  

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Damn, he would've been my number 2 behind Amazon Jeff.

Just can't have nice things, eh? :(

Not for me.  Cuban is a loud personality who likes to mess in the kitchen so to speak with personnel from what I recall reading.   Looks like his net worth is less than Harris let alone Harris and Rales combined.  I am relieved.  Even though I do like Cuban as a personality.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What we can believe is Harris bid.  But looks like there are conflicting reports of what he offered.  Perez's story and Sheehan matched pretty well -- they can end up right and wrong at the same time, maybe they are short of 6 billion but maybe they hit 6 billion soon. Or Schefter is right that they are at 6 billion already.

But right now its 4 reporters versus Schefter as to Harris being short of 6 billion.  The contingeny-triggers part of the story - Gasparano had in common with the NY Post -- while I get incentive based contracts, wonder how contingency numbers would work in a sale? 

Dan gets his 6 billion if when he's gone their revenue has a certain percentage of an uptick or something like that?  I wonder.  

Not for me.  Cuban is a loud personality who likes to mess in the kitchen so to speak with personnel from what I recall reading.   Looks like his net worth is less than Harris let alone Harris and Rales combined.  I am relieved.  Even though I do like Cuban as a personality.

Won a championship and players seem to love playing for his teams. 

What I would say at this point is, if Bezos wants to be in the game he needs to show his hand pretty soon and get on with it. We’ve had the posturing for a few months. We’re well into the offseason. The FO have clearly said that they are essentially in a ‘pause’ situation at present. 

No need to extend any pissing contest at this point. It becomes detrimental to the 2023 season when that could largely be avoided. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Won a championship and players seem to love playing for his teams. 

He's been successful so that's true.  I am just a bit gun shy about the flamboyant, hands on, and all over the media type personalites like him.  Based on his net worth he'd likely need a major partner to help finance it.  So I guess for me it would depend on who that was. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1