Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Cowboys - The battle for the last spot in the division!

zCommander

Dak Prescot won't be back until October 16 as of right now. So we will be playing Cooper Rush as the QB. He is not a bad QB though. 

This game should be a redemption and bounce back game for us if we are to stay somewhat relative in the division. It will be a close game I would imagine.

Commanders: 23

Boys: 20

1111360383_DallasSucks!.gif.e52ceaff3ec0fc8cf1cbf50f3a25e87b.gif1111360383_DallasSucks!.gif.e52ceaff3ec0fc8cf1cbf50f3a25e87b.gif1111360383_DallasSucks!.gif.e52ceaff3ec0fc8cf1cbf50f3a25e87b.gif1111360383_DallasSucks!.gif.e52ceaff3ec0fc8cf1cbf50f3a25e87b.gif1111360383_DallasSucks!.gif.e52ceaff3ec0fc8cf1cbf50f3a25e87b.gif

This will be a low-scoring slop fest.  We'll lose of course, because the Dallas Defense (which is better than Philly's Defense by the way) will tee off on Wentz even more so than what we saw yesterday.  If Cooper Rush is the QB, then Dallas can win this game 20-10.  If Dak plays, then you're looking at a blowout on the scale of 31-10.  I don't think they'd rush Dak back for this game, since the Defense for Dallas can beat Washington on it's own, with little Offensive help.  They'll save Dak for a bigger/more important game when he comes back.

I think this will be the game that Wentz gets injured, and we turn to Heinecke.  Wentz won't last until Columbus Day, with the way our line is currently constructed.

Washington 10

Dallas 20

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

Remember when we thought the injury to Dak was a blessing having this game early on the schedule?  Feels like forever ago.

Since that time, Dallas beat the AFC champs with Cooper Rush at QB, and our offense has been an absolute disaster.  

I’d love to say that our OC has learned from the last few weeks, but I really have no confidence in that.  Watching him continue to dial up slow developing plays after watching his guys get beat over and over again was the most baffled I’ve been at an offensive playcaller for this team in a long, long time.

I’m expecting an absolute dud of a game, where the defense with actual playmakers is the difference.

Cowboys    23

Commodes 13

9 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I was reading some stuff about scorigami a few minutes ago.

And the scorigami charts stops at 73 points. (I'm wondering why :P)

So I'm mostly sure that you're predicting 74 on purpose 😂

Yes, the Redskins lost to the Chicago Bears 73-0 in the 1940 NFL championship game at home in Griffith Stadium, the most lopsided game in NFL history.  By the 4th quarter, officials had to ask Bears Coach George Halas to go for 2 after touchdowns because they were running out of footballs kicked into the stands after extra points.

1940 NFL Championship Game - Wikipedia

I predict 74-3 because - come on - 74-0 would be unrealistic.

There are many ways to score 74 points.  Obviously the most common way would be 7 touchdowns and seven extra points along with two safeties.

6 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Micah breaks the NFL sack record by one player in a game. 

Dallas 13

Us 5

That would be 8 sacks. Which doesn't sound too far-fetched.  Existing record is 7 sacks, in 1990 by the Chiefs' Derrick Thomas against the Seattle Seahawks.

4 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

At this point I'm in "show me mode" 

I have absolutely zero faith in the team until they show otherwise. 

Agreed. I can’t reasonably pick a W until they prove they can go on a winning streak. 

teams go on 6, 7, even 8 game winning streaks every year. When was the last time this sad excuse of a franchise had more than a 4 game winning streak? 2012? It’s been TEN YEARS!!! TEN!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

23-20 Commanders. Ugly defensive game but we force a couple takeaways and hang on to win.

Wish I felt the same, but we have one turnover so far in 3 games and that one was the almost end of game / desperation heave thrown up by Lawrence. Turnovers don't seem to be our forte. 

Edited by Chris 44

10 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Wish I felt the same, but we have one turnover so far in 3 games and that one was the almost end of game / desperation heave thrown up by Lawrence. Turnovers don't seem to be our forte. 

Turnovers are a volatile stat. We're due to have a 0 turnover game while forcing at least one. Dallas's OL is also bad and I'm not afraid of Rush at all.

Unlike the past two weeks,  we'll come out blazing in the first half looking like the greatest show on turf. Then Dallas will adjust and we'll go back to looking like our normal selves.  Sloppy second half but we find a way to pull out the win, and later in the season I'll be complaining about meaningless victories such as this.

Commodes 22

Cowturds  17