Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where are the remaining wins?

88Comrade2000

9 hours ago, zCommander said:

Wentz also didn't help the OL by not throwing the ball quicker and taking 7 steps back most of the times. Even the broadcast crew was saying Wentz is holding on to the ball way too long. 

He got sacked 9 times and maybe twice the broadcast team said that.

We all knew you’d be waiting to pounce after a game like this and here you are.

I'm here because I know I am suffering from Depression.  Its not just the apathetic nature of this team, its revolving turn style of players an coaches, the inept front office, and ignorant management.  I saw no reason for optimism in the off season based on the moves that were made.  Even if I wasn't down on particular moves, I saw pieces, not a team coming together.   Today I thought Maybe I can watch them this week.  Turned it on late... we had 2 points.....

I flipped the channel, this team just brings me more grief to try and follow it regularly right now.  I don't know what it would take to get the fan in me excited again.

48 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He got sacked 9 times and maybe twice the broadcast team said that.

We all knew you’d be waiting to pounce after a game like this and here you are.

My bad I should have said Wentz was so great that he actually moved faster than a turtle . :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You’ve literally been in every thread going on and on about Wentz, practically nothing else.  Everyone knew you’d be doing this, and here we are.  

And you said I was wrong about Wentz. I guess we are even now then.

I also said we would win 11-14 games with Wentz. I guess you forgot that part. So far he has been a major disappointment. I have the right to call it as I see it. I understand the OL was not holding up but he needed to step up and make better decisions. He didn't. That is on him. 

Edited by zCommander

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

And you said I was wrong about Wentz. I guess we are even now then.

I also said we would win 11-14 games with Wentz. I guess you forgot that part. So far he has been a major disappointment. I have the right to call it as I see it. I understand the OL was not holding up but he needed to step up and make better decisions. He didn't. That is on him. 

No, I said you were wrong about Heineke.

Wentz was and still is TBD.  What I said about Wentz is that he was the best available to us, and supported the trade for him.

My only point was that everyone saw through your disingenuous takes all offseason, including the 14 wins.  😂  You were creating lofty goals purposely so he wouldn’t be able to meet them.  Everyone saw through it, not just me.

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No, I said you were wrong about Heineke.

Wentz was and still is TBD.  What I said about Wentz is that he was the best available to us, and supported the trade for him.

My only point was that everyone saw through your disingenuous takes all offseason, including the 14 wins.  😂  You were creating lofty goals purposely so he wouldn’t be able to meet them.  Everyone saw through it, not just me.

So far no night and day difference 😐

It was not lofty it was more of a goal I said we should be able to attain after giving up so much for him. You just wanted him to win only 2 or 3 more games than last year. Now I don't even see that happening either. We are both wrong, so far. 

• Like 1

I think a lot of this offensive ineptitude has to be put on Turner and RR. You can't come out two games in a row and watch your QB get his ass kicked by dropping him back time and time again. We have as many weapons as any team in the league yet can't find ways to get them the ball. Where are the quick hitting passes, crossing patterns, etc???? It's clear that Wentz is still learning the offense and is holding the ball too long so understand that's gonna happen and game plan differently. Go two TE's early and run the ball. Do something to help Wentz and the offensive line so they can manage the pass rush better throughout the game. Yesterday was as embarrassed as I've been watching this team play. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

21 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Our remaining schedule:

@ Boys

Titans

@Bears

Packers

@Colts

Vikings

@Eagles

@Texans

Falcons

@Giants

Bye

Giants

@49ers

Browns

Boys

We are only 3 games in but already, you get sense the season is realistically over already at 1-2.  Where are the remaining wins? 

We still have a chance of winning vs. Colts, Texans and the Bye week.

• Haha 1

If I had to guess, 6-11

Texans, Falcons, split with Giants, split with Cowboys, and one other head scratcher that we win.

I'd say that Carson would really want to win against the Colts, but we'd have to assume he wanted to win against Philly too, and he was horrendous. Even if the OL and coaching had most of the blame, he played like crap.

57 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Somebody on twitter on a JP Finlay tweet said this is a get right week and that 4-2 is a real possibility. 

I WANT to believe it can happen. I WANT to……I really do…..but, I don’t know. A lot of changes would have to be made to get to 4-2 before the packers game. 

We're gonna win the next three in a row.

Wish we could schedule some of those teams the Miami Hurricanes used to play back in the Jimmy Johnson days. But then again, with this coaching staff, we'd probably have weekly stories about record-breaking feats like: first Study Hall major to score 3 touchdowns in a single quarter; first Gatorade coordinator to fill in for an OC and outcoach a DC......and of course, the post-game presser from RR: " With these questions, you guys better be careful. You know these college kids are no joke. Same for their coaches. We gotta play better. Jamin's gotta do better against 18-20 year olds."

Edited by skinzplay

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

I always assumed when we hired Jeff Fisher Jr Ron Rivera we would win 7 games every year, but this year I can't see more than 5.  If only we could play the Vikings in Prime Time, we might get one more.

Whats amazing is that the Bears are 2-1 and have pretty much a high school QB.....What that tells me is that our team sucks across the board which is a testament to the coaching staff. Doug Pedersen has made the Jags a force in the AFC just 3 games into his tenure while we look like absolute horse ****. I'm tired of this bull****. RR needs to get his head out of his ass and get this right.

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Whats amazing is that the Bears are 2-1 and have pretty much a high school QB.....What that tells me is that our team sucks across the board which is a testament to the coaching staff. Doug Pedersen has made the Jags a force in the AFC just 3 games into his tenure while we look like absolute horse ****. I'm tired of this bull****. RR needs to get his head out of his ass and get this right.

No, he needs to resign. You know there’s a chance Giants could start 4-0. They aren’t that good but 4-0 far better than us.

I hope Jacksonville has a good year. Beating San Diego , a team many thought were SuperBowl contenders, was big.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No, he needs to resign. You know there’s a chance Giants could start 4-0. They aren’t that good but 4-0 far better than us.

I hope Jacksonville has a good year. Beating San Diego , a team many thought were SuperBowl contenders, was big.

Our lack of playmakers on defense is alarming....also, our lack of attacking opponents and making them adjust to us on both sides of the ball screams of playing cautious or just plain vanilla. Teams bring the pain to us and we back pedal. ....We have no identity and nothing that really makes opponents worry about us. 

24 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

The Bears were gifted two wins. That team is terrible and will barely finish 4-13. 

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Jones is worse than Wentz and their OL is actually worse than ours. 

Jones has better legs than Wentz, and after the past 2 weeks it’s hard to say our Oline is better than anyone else’s.

I understand it’s a week to week league, and particularly the first month of the season anything can happen.

But it’s hard to see a way that Dallas D doesn’t wreak absolute havoc on our offense.