Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

2 hours ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

If you like him then go ahead and leave and be a Steelers fan

Out of curiosity, what does your username refer to? Kevin Williams and Antoine Winfield, I presume? The Vikings players?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Good, I think Thibidoux just sacked Howell again....

Apparently Daboll told Wink he was staying but wanted to fire a couple of his assistants. Wink said no and resigned instead. 

Now that the Daboll regime is entering year 3, I don’t see top flight DCs going there if they have their choice. They might be able to snag Frazier due to his relationship with Daboll but let’s see

37 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

No, those are my sons' names and screw the Vikings

"Formerly known as RandyMoss84"

So what about the Gibbs years here made you go ahead and leave the Vikings and be a die hard, everyone else should die if they aren't as hard, Commies fan? Was it Fred Smoot?

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Your sons are named Kevin Williams and Antoine Winfield ?

Yes, it is their first and middle names

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

"Formerly known as RandyMoss84"

So what about the Gibbs years here made you go ahead and leave the Vikings and be a die hard, everyone else should die if they aren't as hard, Commies fan? Was it Fred Smoot?

That is my father's name, you do realize Randy and Moss is a common name right? 

Edited by KWilliamsAWinfield
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

wow you’re like EMBARRASSED embarrassed, huh? 

6 hours ago, Dan T. said:

I noticed that he says "obviously" a lot.  I heard him say that about four or five times in the 10 minutes I listened.

Sounds like he came from the Mike Shanahan school of press conferences….“For obvious reasons”

4 hours ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

Breh just nut up and admit you got busted lolol

• Haha 5

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to 😀😀 -1 Day since Ron has been fired.😀😄
12 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Cool.

Counting the seconds till Wright is fired.  Need to eliminate as much as we can that has any connection to Dan.  Wright and the embarrassing name are at the top of the list now that Ron is gone.

Yes spot on. Remember he got the Super Bowl season years wrong on the emblem. He had 83 88 and 92 if my memory serves me well. 

• Like 1

1. So, we getting a new GM too, or is the Vikings guy going to take over?

2. Is no one else concerned that the person shaping up the future of the team is from the NBA and not NFL?

17 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

1. So, we getting a new GM too, or is the Vikings guy going to take over?

2. Is no one else concerned that the person shaping up the future of the team is from the NBA and not NFL?

I may be way wrong with this prediction but from what I understand the Vikings guy is just here for consulting and same thing for the NBA guy Myers.  We've reached out to Adam's and have a interview scheduled this week so that tells me they are just temporary consultants 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Make it The Ron Rivera Memorial Coaching Thread

You can create your own thread but there’s nothing to memorialize about Ron.

Frankly, the only coach we can memorialize will be Joe Gibbs, when he passes.

• Like 1

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

You can create your own thread but there’s nothing to memorialize about Ron.

Frankly, the only coach we can memorialize will be Joe Gibbs, when he passes.

Ok, ok you're out on Rivera, I get that. How about the Pepper Rodgers Memorial Coaching Thread?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Make it The Ron Rivera Memorial Coaching Thread

What is funny about all this is the "Players" are all claiming they LOVED RR and he was a Players Coach...blah..blah..blah. Then why didn't they PLAY for him? Why didn't the give that extra to study/prepare/execute game plans. Yea..the coaching was crap but (especially the secondary) should have worked on communication among themselves to improve the coverage schemes. How may times were the safeties caught flat footed or a CB handed off coverage when NOBODY WAS THERE....

The team was LAZY..just like the coach.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I may be way wrong with this prediction but from what I understand the Vikings guy is just here for consulting and same thing for the NBA guy Myers.  We've reached out to Adam's and have a interview scheduled this week so that tells me they are just temporary consultants 

Ok, good. Just something in place to get the ball rolling.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

What is funny about all this is the "Players" are all claiming they LOVED RR and he was a Players Coach...blah..blah..blah. Then why didn't they PLAY for him? Why didn't the give that extra to study/prepare/execute game plans. Yea..the coaching was crap but (especially the secondary) should have worked on communication among themselves to improve the coverage schemes. How may times were the safeties caught flat footed or a CB handed off coverage when NOBODY WAS THERE....

The team was LAZY..just like the coach.

Brian Mitchell gets pretty animated on the radio when this topic comes up. He says the fact is that there are some NFL players who only show up to get a paycheck because they just so happened to be good at playing football all their lives. They lack an internal drive to WIN, however. If someone is only putting in 50% then the other guys on the team have to exert even more effort to make up for it...and will become resentful for having to do so, which of course undermines team morale.

But it all depends on what the coach will tolerate, and if he lets the lazy guys half-ass it in practice and during games then the players who want to win will see that and not put forth 100% effort for the coach, even if they're unaware they're doing so.

We all know Rivera was a good man, but something didn't click with the players here under his tenure.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen