Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington vs Jacksonville

TK
Message added by TK,

923125569_ScreenShot2022-09-11at4_24_32PM.thumb.png.6b22cff457e7a198dfe87f0908b441ea.png

14 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The Jags have lost 17 straight road games and 16 straight to NFC teams.....You know what that means.....

Yup like clockwork 😕

18 minutes ago, Skinarchy said:

D55ECCF0-D6AD-4481-B1FD-1A01BBD872D9.gif.85204e8f1edcd50a5ea9eea9a44e2755.gif

It's DC Baby! 

Have a good game day all! 

Dan sighting!!

Jay Glazer looks like he can't tie his own shoes. Like he's always holding his breath and about to have a heart attack. Like if there was a heart attack cam watch that just followed him around 24/7 waiting for him to have a stroke, I'd probably check in some times. It's like he's wearing one of those inflatable sumo suits under his suit.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Jay Glazer looks like he can't tie his own shoes. Like he's always holding his breath and about to have a heart attack. Like if there was a heart attack cam watch that just followed him around 24/7 waiting for him to have a stroke, I'd probably check in some times. It's like he's wearing one of those inflatable sumo suits under his suit.

Sad. I'm sure he knows it. Won't end well.

A few reminders which nobody will remember:

1. QBs do throw incomplete passes.  Even the best ones.  So, let's try and keep the calling Wentz a bum after his first incompletion to a minimum.  

2. QBs do throw interceptions.  Even the best ones.  So, let's try and keep the calling Wentz a bum after his first interception to a minimum.

3. Week 1 is not always a great indicator of the season to come.  So, I suggest everybody "stay medium" regardless of the outcome of this game.  Win or lose, we won't really know anything until the first quarter of the season is complete.

4. Having said that, I think today is as much of a "must win" first game as you can get in the NFL.  Not just because of the win/loss, but because there has been SO much negativity around the team, from Dan to the Irsay Smear Machine on Wentz, the only way to beat back those stories (at least temporarily) is to win a few games.  If they lose this game, it's going to be "Dan this" and "Dan that" and "See, Irsay was right, Wentz is a bum" for the next week.  And God, I really don't want to have to suffer through that.

5. The rebrand is the least of the reasons why they need to win.  But it would be helpful to win the first game with the new brand.  But it's not really that important.

Having said all that, I'm sure we are 1 bad play from predictions of an 0-17 season, trying to get JDR and Turner, and probably Ron fired.  So, have at it, my friends. 

image.png.ce2364d860aad7d84b5d77314049d723.png  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 3

Straight up, the last few years I've never been confident we can win any game against any opponent regardless of the circumstances.  

I buy most of the wentz consensus from our board Illuminati and think he's the biggest upgrade we've made to the team at large since Terry. But I am totally ready for a relative boom to a familiar bust, team wise.

Here's hoping to a good start at least which to me means a win---not just a few "positives" after a loss.

That said, as a sciency guy, I have never found hope to be as reliable as cynicism. So drink up, pilgrim! 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

A few reminders which nobody will remember:

1. QBs do throw incomplete passes.  Even the best ones.  So, let's try and keep the calling Wentz a bum after his first incompletion to a minimum.  

2. QBs do throw interceptions.  Even the best ones.  So, let's try and keep the calling Wentz a bum after his first interception to a minimum.

3. Week 1 is not always a great indicator of the season to come.  So, I suggest everybody "stay medium" regardless of the outcome of this game.  Win or lose, we won't really know anything until the first quarter of the season is complete.

4. Having said that, I think today is as much of a "must win" first game as you can get in the NFL.  Not just because of the win/loss, but because there has been SO much negativity around the team, from Dan to the Irsay Smear Machine on Wentz, the only way to beat back those stories (at least temporarily) is to win a few games.  If they lose this game, it's going to be "Dan this" and "Dan that" and "See, Irsay was right, Wentz is a bum" for the next week.  And God, I really don't want to have to suffer through that.

5. The rebrand is the least of the reasons why they need to win.  But it would be helpful to win the first game with the new brand.  But it's not really that important.

Having said all that, I'm sure we are 1 bad play from predictions of an 0-17 season, trying to get JDR and Turner, and probably Ron fired.  So, have at it, my friends. 

I'm gonna try and stay medium for the first month.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Thanks TK for the starting players and team roster information.  I used to cut it out of the newspaper every week back in the day when I got the Washington Post.

Haha I used to do the same but then cross off opposition player names as they got injured and knocked out the game.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Thumb up 1