Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

23 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I would argue that Wilson used to be better than Wentz. Wilson, last year, started losing his step and he didn't help his team tonight when he overthrew to a WR in the end zone. Could have easily been a TD. 

That would be true for every QB. Give them the players and they will shine. Scoring more TDs than the other team does decide a game. 

Wilson was bad last season after the thumb injury, bad enough that I wasn't all in on trading the house to get him to Washington. But that was a season ago, and there's no way I can look at tonight and say with a straight face that Wentz was better than Wilson. Wilson did as much as Wentz with less supporting cast and a coach that weighed the team down. Healthy Wilson on any team is dangerous. Healthy Wilson in Washington this season would be as close to a guaranteed playoff berth as we can get.

• Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The team was sold to Walmart.  Is Elway even involved anymore?

Less involved, definetly, not involved is not the jist I got from some of the ESPN MNF football interviews right before the game.

If if I'm wrong on Elway's involvement, point still stands on basically spitting in the face of the effort front office put into getting that coach a franchise QB.  No bueno. 

31 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think Russ might have a few choice words…

Straight facts...if anyone is going to say something to the HC, it's gonna be Russ.

I do believe there's some truth to him trying to get out of Seattle...be careful what you wish for...

Edited by Renegade7

When they hurried up without calling a timeout, I remember thinking that was smart. Ideally you would like to have three timeouts in your pocket if your fourth down attempt fails. That way you can still get the ball back with a chance to win the game at the end. But when they ran the play clock down it became apparent that wasn’t their strategy at all. So once they called the timeout, it eliminated the chance they could force a punt if they failed to convert. Then it becomes a math game.

And the odds of him making that kick were less than converting followed by several more chances to gain more yardage followed by a field goal from a reasonable distance. I saw it said that it was considered around a 20% chance he’d make that. Frankly, I don’t think it was that high. Probably closer to 10% considering it’s outdoors at night. I think the odds of converting the fourth down were roughly 50%. You figure from there it’s almost certain that they’d improve the distance needed by five to fifteen yards. At that point it’s probably a 60% field goal attempt. When you combine those odds, I’d say that Denver would have had about a 25% chance of ultimately winning the game if they had gone for it.

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Is it just me or is the commentators mouths not matching up with the words…..

or, any mouths in commercials on Amazon prime. 

You have to buy Amazon Prime Plus for audio sync.

Kidding, how are you watching? Tv, phone, PC?

Edited by Simmsy
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Is it just me or is the commentators mouths not matching up with the words…..

or, any mouths in commercials on Amazon prime. 

The video froze for a few seconds but the audio didn't, so I was hearing what happened each play before it was run.

Getting out of Prime and reloading the game fixed it.

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ahh. Sounded like something that was an actual thing, so I wouldn’t have been surprised. 

watching on my tv 

7 minutes ago, Forehead said:

The video froze for a few seconds but the audio didn't, so I was hearing what happened each play before it was run.

Getting out of Prime and reloading the game fixed it.

I would say try this...but at half time. You're gonna miss some game.

10 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

^ Honestly the stream is better on streameast.  My girlfriend gave me her Amazon prime password, but the stream was hella choppy so I switched.

Depends on your WiFi connection to the TV and how it is setup. I have a wired access point that sits behind the TV. Haven't gotten a single hiccup since the game started.