Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hotel Resort Fees

No Nonsense

22 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Can you please provide a link to something indicating that Congress is legitimately looking into hotel fees as you assert?  Which Congress people?  Is there a bill?  What are they actually doing? 

4th attempt. 

35 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Stop it. 

To be fair, there is no evidence that congress is actually looking to stop the practice of hotels charging fees to consumers.  There just isnt.  You may want transparency, and hey, who doesn't?  But the question is and was, is Congress actually looking into it, and the answer is, no, they are not.  

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/7087?q={"search"%3A["paul+gosar+hotel"%2C"paul"%2C"gosar"%2C"hotel"]}&s=7&r=1

Are you ****ing joking???????

image.png.046a094491639fee330fafe07546e5d4.png

Your SERIOUS EVIDENCE that Congress is SERIOUSLY LOOKING at an issue is to post at bull**** bill that is going nowhere who's ONLY SPONSER is PAUL ****ING GOSAR.  

Again.  STOP IT.  

As a result of Gosar's alleged involvement in the storming of the Capitol, three of his siblings called for his expulsion from Congress. "When you talk about what happened the other day, you're talking about treason. You're talking about overthrowing the government. That's what this is. If that doesn't rise to the level of expulsion, what does?" said Tim Gosar.[74][75] On January 19, the last day of the Trump administration, it was reported that Gosar and Biggs sought pardons from Trump. No pardons were granted to them or anyone else involved in the storming of the Capitol or the preceding "Save America" rally.[76]

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

@bearrock Apologize, seriously. 

Dude, even Paul Gosar wants the transparency.  We finally found an issue that can bring the country together!

Seriously, FTC's been on this a while.  We're gonna see more bills and lawsuits.  Either hotels will voluntarily do what airlines do or eventually something happens in court or legislatively.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Your outrage over resort fees is missing something worse.  Resorts are pretty upfront that there are resort fees prior to booking.

What's worse to me is the room deposit fee. 

"Checking in at $120 per night including tax... we charge you $100 per day for incidentals." 

Let's assume stay for 3 nights, you think its an anticipated $360 hotel stay.  But opps... you get charged $660 upon checkin. This sucks if traveling on a budget with a family.

I just traveled to Europe and it was awesome that they actually charged me the full 5 day stay AND NOTHING MORE! And, when I was checked in after a few days, I complained about the hold they kept on the card I used to reserve the room and they immediately removed the charge.  US hotels would be like, "Sorry, that's not our problem....the hold will be removed when you check out."  

and you all are getting snowed by Congress if you think they will do something about it. 

They only leak those articles to the press so big-hospitality will fund their campaigns... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

No I didn’t say that. I said file a charge back and see what happens. For all of the chargebacks I have filed, I have gotten to keep my money. 

The credit card company gives you a credit as soon as you file the charge back so worst case you don’t have go pay for it for a few months while they decide. 

Also the retailer has to respond within a certain amount of time or you automatically win. I suspect a lot of larger businesses do not have a team dedicated to handling chargebacks and just accept a chargeback as shrinkage.

🤣 I would never put my hotel status in jeopardy by filing a bogus claim with my credit card company. My complaint with the fee is to stop keeping it separate & just include it as part of the nightly rate. Further, often the resort fee & tax on that fee doesn't appear on the confirmation. 

I've stayed at many Marriott resorts over the years & know to expect the fees to be added to the bill. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

🤣 I would never put my hotel status in jeopardy by filing a bogus claim with my credit card company. My complaint with the fee is to stop keeping it separate & just include it as part of the nightly rate. Further, often the resort fee & tax on that fee doesn't appear on the confirmation. 

I've stayed at many Marriott resorts over the years & know to expect the fees to be added to the bill. 

Your hotel status 😂 customer 4393749204?

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Your outrage over resort fees is missing something worse.  Resorts are pretty upfront that there are resort fees prior to booking.

"Checking in at $120 per night including tax... we charge you $100 per day for incidentals." 

Let's assume stay for 3 nights, you think its an anticipated $360 hotel stay.  But opps... you get charged $660 upon checkin. This sucks if traveling on a budget with a family.

I just traveled to Europe and it was awesome that they actually charged me the full 5 day stay AND NOTHING MORE! And, when I was checked in after a few days, I complained about the hold they kept on the card I used to reserve the room and they immediately removed the charge.  US hotels would be like, "Sorry, that's not our problem....the hold will be removed when you check out."  

and you all are getting snowed by Congress if you think they will do something about it. 

They only leak those articles to the press so big-hospitality will fund their campaigns... 

And I’m telling you that you’d be surprised at how many people probably think the resort fee and incidentals (which they don’t even bring up during the booking process) is one and the same and think they’re getting that back at check out. In my experience, next to the resort fee it says (collected at hotel/resort). I suppose you have to read the fine print to find anything on incidentals.  

Edited by No Nonsense

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

That's a head-scratcher.

We're frequent travelers, (domestic and foreign),  and have never had an Incidental fee charged up front. 

They put $$$ against the card,(to ensure that there's sufficient funding to cover incidentals charges like the bar, restaurant, etc), but they don't release those $$$ to the CC company, until you check out and you are only charged for what you've used.   If an additional $500.00 hold on a CC is an issue then they may want to re-think that trip 😉

Seriously, that shouldn't be a hardship for anyone using a credit card unless you have a low limit.     If you used a debit card, however, I can see that being a hardship as you will not have access to the funds that they're holding, but I've never used a debit card for a hotel stay, (or for anything but withdrawing cash), so someone who has done so may need to chime in.

6 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

That is a true statement.

Just take a look at the daily parking fees in major cities. In DC, they can be up to $50.00 per day.

$64/night the last time we stayed at the St. Regis & the Mayflower < 1 year ago.

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

$64/night the last time we stayed at the St. Regis & the Mayflower < 1 year ago.

Last time we stayed at a hotel , in DC, (a few years ago for one night), we opted to park on the street next to the hotel. The parking ticket was cheaper than the parking fee.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 2