Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hotel Resort Fees

No Nonsense

First off, they should be illegal. As far as I’m concerned, if you don’t use any of the services you’re be charged for,  that should be a refundable charge or you shouldn’t be charged in the first place. 

Second, has anyone gotten out of paying this fee or have you disputed the charges with your card company and won? 

1 minute ago, No Nonsense said:

First off, they should be illegal. As far as I’m concerned, if you don’t use any of the services you’re be charged for,  that should be a refundable charge or you shouldn’t be charged in the first place. 

Second, has anyone gotten out of paying this fee or have you disputed the charges with your card company and won? 

Agreed. As a lifetime Titanium at Marriott I have never been able to have it removed when staying at any of their resorts. When I had top status with Hilton I didn't escape the fees at the Hilton Barbados. Not sure about the other hotel chains.

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Just file a chargeback and see what happens. You risk being barred from booking with the chain again but I don’t think that is very likely.

so far every charge back I have filed with my CC company has went through. 

For resort fees you've been successful in having them reversed? What chain(s)?

Eh. It's a trend in business. Claim one price for something, and then actually charge a higher price. 

Just look at your cell phone bill for the "$40 a month" service you signed up for. 

And it's going to continue growing, until a law gets passed, demanding truth in advertising. 

28 minutes ago, Larry said:

Eh. It's a trend in business. Claim one price for something, and then actually charge a higher price. 

Just look at your cell phone bill for the "$40 a month" service you signed up for. 

And it's going to continue growing, until a law gets passed, demanding truth in advertising. 

I can understand that. You’re paying for unlimited calls and texting, but resort fees are charges you for things you might not even use like WiFi, exercise room, news paper and access to a fax machine. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

For resort fees you've been successful in having them reversed? What chain(s)?

No I didn’t say that. I said file a charge back and see what happens. For all of the chargebacks I have filed, I have gotten to keep my money. 

The credit card company gives you a credit as soon as you file the charge back so worst case you don’t have go pay for it for a few months while they decide. 

Also the retailer has to respond within a certain amount of time or you automatically win. I suspect a lot of larger businesses do not have a team dedicated to handling chargebacks and just accept a chargeback as shrinkage.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Gosh, I mean, you know or should know these are part of the deal. It’s like tipping. If you can’t afford to tip, then you can’t afford to go. Agree with TEG, they should just be baked in, but everyone knows (or should know) they aren’t. 

That’s totally different. Tipping is an option and most people don’t mind tipping for good service. Hotel resort fees are not optional and you’re paying for services you very well won’t use. 

1 minute ago, No Nonsense said:

That’s totally different. Tipping is an option and most people don’t mind tipping for good service. Hotel resort fees are not optional and you’re paying for services you very well won’t use. 

Tipping is not optional either unless you are a degenerate asshole. 

Who doesn’t use the WiFi

What hotel charges you to use the fax?  

Your complaints make no sense. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Tipping is not optional either unless you are a degenerate asshole. 

Who doesn’t use the WiFi

What hotel charges you to use the fax?  

Your complaints make no sense. 

You really need to stop judging everybody. I’ve never once used WiFi at a resort. And from what a I’ve read, using the fax is often apart of the resort fee. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

tenor.gif

Meh I have unlimited data on my phone so I rarely connect to wifi even at home. 

Nah he's right about tipping. 

People should tip more imo.

I actually tip, but it’s optional. I have no problem for people not tipping bad service. 

There are many packaged in services people pay for but don't use.  I don't text but I can't remove that from my cell plan.  I only watch handful of the hundreds of channels on cable.  It is what it is.  Just consider it a part of the price increase that they didn't want to bake into the daily room rates.

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Says the guy crying about paying fees for wi-fi and fax machines at a ****ing resort..............

Sticking up for a buddy. I see. Lol That’s where you’re 100% wrong. Resorts aren’t the only one that charges these ridiculous fees. Regular hotels do now. 

IMO, you should never be charged for something you don’t use. Maybe you’re financially secure and don’t give a damn. Many of us don’t have it that way. 

• Haha 1

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Tipping is optional. Also, I go to resorts.

You are a bad person. 

Stop trying to twist it to make your point seem legit. We’re talking about resort fees, not resorts. If you were paying attention instead of insulting, resorts aren’t the only ones charging these ridiculous fees. 

5 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

IMO, you should never be charged for something you don’t use.

In our capitalist society (and I ♥️ capitalism) the solution is for you to not go to places that charge you for things you dont want to be charged for.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

tenor.gif

Meh I have unlimited data on my phone so I rarely connect to wifi even at home. 

Some of us work when we travel. Others of use REALIZE THE WIFI IS BAKED INTO THE ****ING HOTEL CHARGE and just accept it and pay for it without whining. 

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

What do you guys get charged for that you don’t use?

My kids private school. 🤣

3 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Good, then they should charge YOU!!!

Ultimately, they charge my law firm. I don't get angry about it. 

Sometimes, I stay at a hotel and they charge based on what you actually use, so I have a room, but I sleep on the floor and demand the hotel not charge me for the bed.  

They love this and I have like peak membership benefits. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 3