Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

5 hours ago, dyst said:

What improvement has Jamin showed? I may have missed it.

4 hours ago, redskinss said:

The reports have been that he's looked much improved from last year and had a good game last week.

IIRC @Skinsinparadisedid a good breakdown of some of Jamin's plays during one of the preseason games, though I can't remember exactly where it was. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

I remember him being pretty crappy. Would get bullrushed back into the qb's lap.

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

I think when he first got some action he was ok in a small sample.  But the more he played, he wasnt great.  The starting LG spot was there to be had and not only did he not get it, he played himself off the team. But they like familiar faces.  

2 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

Forgot about that guy ... I recall him being pretty good.

Not 100% sure... But wasn't he the author of that infamous block in front of Haskins... The windmill/inflatable-tube-man...

I wanna say it was him...

Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tubeman (Family Guy) | Reaction GIFs

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mistertim said:

IIRC @Skinsinparadisedid a good breakdown of some of Jamin's plays during one of the preseason games, though I can't remember exactly where it was. 

defense thread and the game day thread

Jamin IMO looked good.  Be one thing if it was just me.  But Logan Paulsen talked about it.  Keim did.  The PFF guy who covers this team and more.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

I just hope that we have been keeping things vanilla on O and D so far and things change once the season starts.  

I was thinking about this on the way home from work.  The offence especially, has got to better then they are showing.  It must be really really vanilla.  JDR, I have zero confidence in.  So in relation to the D, I have no idea what to expect.  Safe to say, I really hope you are right!!

• Like 1

Vanilla is a complex flavor. It’s hard to grow and only lives in certain places, mainly Madagascar. Vanilla is the second most expensive spice behind saffron because it is so labor intensive. Each vine needs its one tree to grow on and can take three years to mature.

What we are witnessing is imitation vanilla, a far inferior product, born in labs and produced in factories all over the world 

I would kill to get some pure Madagascan vanilla bean ice cream in our final preseason game to give me some hope. 

Stop denigrating vanilla.

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Thumb up 1

Another thing to consider, don’t they say they play mostly the 5 DL and 1 LB formation most of the time? I swear the chiefs game there were mostly 2 LB sets. I truly believe had the defense not gotten off to the start it did last year we aren’t even discussing. People are rightfully paranoid about that, but I don’t see it. I think they got served a big old piece of humble pie last year and will be a top half of the league D at the very least this year. More confident in D than O.

Edited by CommanderCarson

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Be one thing if it was just me. 

image.jpeg.12290adb471c541ec55bde5593b65219.jpeg

:P

32 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Vanilla is a complex flavor. It’s hard to grow and only lives in certain places, mainly Madagascar. Vanilla is the second most expensive spice behind saffron because it is so labor intensive. Each vine needs its one tree to grow on and can take three years to mature.

What we are witnessing is imitation vanilla, a far inferior product, born in labs and produced in factories all over the world 

I would kill to get some pure Madagascan vanilla bean ice cream in our final preseason game to give me some hope. 

Stop denigrating vanilla.

The problem is "vanilla ice cream" isn't actually vanilla.  It's literally nothing. Maybe a dash of vanilla extract, but it's basically cream and sugar.

Now, a good French Vanilla ice cream, now THAT is some good ****.  You can actually taste the vanilla flavor, it has an actual flavor. 

I blame Breyers for destroying the word Vanilla.  Curse you big ice cream manufacturing giants! curse you!!!

• Haha 2

Hate to see it, but after everyone has rag dolled us all off season for being little brothers to the eagles and cowboys when we were right there with them beginning of December until our entire roster was filled with scab replacement level players due to Covid and injury, can’t say I’m feeling too sympathetic at the moment.

That being said, I don’t like when any player goes down to injury. And hate it when teams have excuses for losing, would rather play at full strength. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

If we are playing our starters a bit, and Balts playing their fringe roster guys you might just get your wish just thru pure effectiveness.

I would love to see Balt get their winning streak shattered and crying about us playing our starters when they have been actively try-harding preseason for years. Better than any vanilla ice cream.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

Another thing to consider, don’t they say they play mostly the 5 DL and 1 LB formation most of the time? I swear the chiefs game there were mostly 2 LB sets. I truly believe had the defense not gotten off to the start it did last year we aren’t even discussing. People are rightfully paranoid about that, but I don’t see it. I think they got served a big old piece of humble pie last year and will be a top half of the league D at the very least this year. More confident in D than O.

If we play 5 DL and 1 LB against spread formations on a regular basis…

I have news for you… it’s not going to go well

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just read Mark Bullock's take on Jamin.  I am a subscriber to his film review.  He does good work.  Every now and then I disagree with him though for example he was a big Haskins guy predraft, I was not.  But for the most part I often agree.

I agree with him on some points and disagree with one of his points about Jamin.  

A.  He thinks Jamin is good at coverage and should major in that.  I agree to an extent.

B.  He thinks he's improving especially as a run stopper but needs to take it up a notch higher.  Agree on that.

C.  He sees them using Jamin more as a pass rusher, ala Parsons, but he doesn't care for that approach.  He sees that's a square peg in a round hole since he didn't get home on his rushes against KC and had only 2.5 sacks in college.

I disagree with C.  For starters, they used him plenty in coverage.  I saw some Parsons type role but not primary.  They did play him closer to the line of scrimmage so I agree with it from that side of it.  But I watched a lot of his Kentucky games, I commented on it in the draft thread, talked a lot of Jamin that draft season and one of my observations was even though Kentucky didn't rush Jamin a lot -- when they did he looked good.  

After we drafted him, I listened to one of his Kentucky coaches say they considered making Jamin an edge rusher instead of a LB.

I don't see Jamin as a bad fit to play some Parsons type role.  They did start using him a little last season like that and he did get a sack and came close to another.  Twice he almost got home against the Chiefs, I posted one of those clips.

Do I think Jamin is Parsons as a pass rusher?  Nope.  And I didn't think so before the draft either.  I talked then about Parsons being a really good pass rusher.  I didn't think he'd be this level freakish at it but it wasn't hard to miss that he looked really good as a pass rusher.  Jamin not in that same strata.  But he did stand out in that next tier to me along with Collins as a blitzing pass rusher.

But who knows will see. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Keim in two different podcasts

A.  Butler coming on of late, playing more with first teamers.  The team likes both him and Forrest.

B.  Logan Thomas looking fluid.  He saw Bates practice on the side and he looked better -- might be getting there.

C. Cam Simms outplayed Dyami for the 4th WR spot.  He thinks Dyami though makes the roster, ditto Milne.  Erickson maybe.

D. Shaka Toney coming on, thinks he makes the roster

E.  Bradley-King likely makes it if they go with 10 D lineman -- they don't love their chances of getting him on to the practice squad.

F.  Parker has played well but still might be the odd man out depending on how many safeties they keep

G. Dejuan Neal might be a surprise in that he could make the roster at CB

H.  Reaves likely makes the roster, Ron really likes how he prepares, his intangibles

I.  He thinks good chance they look for cuts from other teams at LB and add one of them

J.  In spite of what Rivera said, he's skeptical that they play their starters on Saturday. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

defense thread and the game day thread

Jamin IMO looked good.  Be one thing if it was just me.  But Logan Paulsen talked about it.  Keim did.  The PFF guy who covers this team and more.

Fletcher was talking him up last night on Craig Hoffman’s radio show.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Fletcher was talking him up last night on Craig Hoffman’s radio show.

I think people are gonna just have to live with the fact that Jamin is gonna be a good ball player. It will be a tough pill to swallow for many. 😆

I’d like to see us blitz him more. Use him like TB uses Devin White.

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim in two different podcasts

A.  Butler coming on of late, playing more with first teamers.  The team likes both him and Forrest.

B.  Logan Thomas looking fluid.  He saw Bates practice on the side and he looked better -- might be getting there.

C. Cam Simms outplayed Dyami for the 4th WR spot.  He thinks Dyami though makes the roster, ditto Milne.  Erickson maybe.

D. Shaka Toney coming on, thinks he makes the roster

E.  Bradley-King likely makes it if they go with 10 D lineman -- they don't love their chances of getting him on to the practice squad.

F.  Parker has played well but still might be the odd man out depending on how many safeties they keep

G. Dejuan Neal might be a surprise in that he could make the roster at CB

H.  Reaves likely makes the roster, Ron really likes how he prepares, his intangibles

I.  He thinks good chance they look for cuts from other teams at LB and add one of them

J.  In spite of what Rivera said, he's skeptical that they play their starters on Saturday. 

Regarding Reaves, I guess COMMtangibles doesn’t have the same ring to it.

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Parras just on 980, also shooting at Dyami.  He thinks he makes the roster but is inactive.    Feels like Jamin out of the dog house with the local reporters, and Dyami cemented as the disappointment to their eyes. 

Dyami was taken in the 3rd though. I feel like he got too much hype last pre-season. You can't wiff this bad on a first rounder like Jamin. That's the biggest difference to me. If Jamin was taken in the third round we wouldn't be so worried about his development. 

Davis will probably be fine as an OLB. We just essentially wasted a year of his development trying to make him a MLB last year. 

Brown is a bust. He'll make the team this year and be cut next year. There is no room for WRs who never get open in the NFL.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Davis will probably be fine as an OLB. We just essentially wasted a year of his development trying to make him a MLB last year. 

Brown is a bust. He'll make the team this year and be cut next year. There is no room for WRs who never get open in the NFL.

At least we draft Cosmi in the 2nd. Normally that's the round we wiff on. 

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Dyami was taken in the 3rd though. I feel like he got too much hype last pre-season. You can't wiff this bad on a first rounder like Jamin. That's the biggest difference to me. If Jamin was taken in the third round we wouldn't be so worried about his development. 

I am not posing my own judgements on Dyami.  I don't know.  Will see about him.  

As far as Jamin goes, do you think its a wiff?  If so why?