Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

We claimed him off waivers on august 20th, 2014, and I’d be surprised if there’s anyone else on the team that’s been here longer than 8/20/14

apparently we released a punter named Robert Malone in order for Way to be our starting punter. I don’t even remember who Robert Malone is/was. 

FYI, that took all of 10 seconds to get that info :) 

You see that last sentence you added? Which I'm willing to bet was your edit. That's why you get picked on around here sometimes. 

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Serious question, have you gotten any player related prediction right this off season?  You were loud wrong about Terry.  I think there were a few others which you completely misfired on as well, but don't remember the specifics.

You seem to take the most negative position you can take, and then beat on it forever.  

So far, your batting average hasn't been good.

Granted, eventually you will be right because if you keep predicting the worst possible outcome, eventually it will happen. 

Curtis Samuel is going to be on the 53.  By all accounts he's healthy.  Though I am sure they are going to manage his workload throughout camp, which will cause people to freak out.  But that might also just be a good plan. 

It goes back at least to the last month of the season. Was super handy in the playoffs. 88 would say "looks like its over" and the other team would hit a 60 yarder and score. It's like he says the exact opposite of what's really about to happen, which is awesome for Samuels, just like it was for Terry.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Why is anyone disappointed that Chase isn’t practicing? Dude blew his knee out late in the season. I would be happy if we get him back anytime this year. 

And they took tissue from his other knee during the surgery so it shouldn't be a surprise at all. Dudes coming off surgery on both knees, I'll be happy to see him at all this season too.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You see that last sentence you added? Which I'm willing to bet was your edit. That's why you get picked on around here sometimes. 

It wasn’t even a post directed towards you, good lord lay off. It was a harmless JOKE intended to mean finding the info doesn’t take long at all. Not exactly a decent excuse to pick on me. 

It didn’t even involve you, so leave it alone. Jeez. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Any news on the military appreciation day they are supposedly planning? Would like to get out to a practice if possible

Salute Day is this Saturday the 30th. As for attending, training camp is by lottery this year and the lottery signup ended a couple weeks ago 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, formerly4skins said:

Yeah...I was pretty surprised he took that not so subtle shot at Dan. 

The typical "coach-speak" answer would have been something like, "we focus on the game, everything else is just noise."

There is no typical 'coach-speak' for the head coach of this team. There's no handbook for how to handle these scenarios because the 'noise' has never been this loud.  You folks kill me talking about Ron 'planting seeds' as if he needs excuses, or as if he won't be paid out his full contract no matter what happens.

You can always tell who has never held a meaningful leadership role in their entire life by the way they comment on these types of things.  It's abundantly clear who has never had to deal with a **** storm of epic proportion while trying to lead a group of men on the day to day.

• Like 5

With that said, let's dive into how the players set the tone for the rest of training camp.

-- The highlight of the day was Carson Wentz’s connection with Terry McLaurin, which was on display during warmups and during team drills. Fans got a preview of what will be plenty of passes between the two during one session when McLaurin beat his defender and gave Wentz an easy target. McLaurin made the leaping grab before falling to the ground with the ball in his hands for a 20-yard gain.

-- Rivera mentioned Tuesday that the defensive ends behind Chase Young will have to step up in his absence. There will likely be several players rotating at the other end spot, but for the first day, James Smith-Williams was in the starting lineup. Smith-Williams is perhaps the most accomplished candidate in the bunch, starting in six games and recording 2.5 sacks and 30 tackles.

-- Speaking of the defensive line, Montez Sweat had a strong string of plays in team drills. Sweat blew past Charles Leno and recorded what would have been a sack on Wentz in a game scenario.

-- With Antonio Gibson on the side field to start camp, that gave Brian Robinson more opportunities to work with the starters. Rivera called Robinson big, strong and physical, and he's excited about what he can bring to the running game between the tackles.

-- Rivera said Robinson has some elusiveness to his skill set, and he got to show a little of that as a pass-catcher. On one play, Robinson was met by William Jackson III on what would have been a nasty collision. Both players pulled up before contact occurred, but they smiled and pointed at each other as they jogged back to their respective huddles.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2