Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Just now, Est.1974 said:

One premium pick, say first or second rounder, in OL would be ideal now. 

FA has definitely taken some heat off of the draft for O line.  clearly, they will still go o line in the draft but they don't have to force a pick.

Wylie and Cosmi could play guard or tackle although both play typically on the right side.

Torrence in college played RG but am sure sure could play LG.    to me it increases the odds that they'd go for a tackle like Harrison who could play left or right versus a pure RT. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

FA has definitely taken some heat off of the draft for O line.  clearly, they will still go o line in the draft but they don't have to force a pick.

Wylie and Cosmi could play guard or tackle although both play typically on the right side.

Torrence in college played RG but am sure sure could play LG.    to me it increases the odds that they'd go for a tackle like Harrison who could play left or right versus a pure RT. 

Yep, we are fairly exposed at LT. We’ve got a solid starter and that’s about it.

The draft just got a whole more interesting IMO. Wright might be off the table now with Wylie aboard. I'm with you all feeling that Skoronski could be excellent inside. I have no idea what position we will prioritize with DB, WR and EDGE being deep IMO.

Maybe it's Bijan Robinson time. He may be the true BPA at 16.

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

The draft just got a whole more interesting IMO. Wright might be off the table now with Wylie aboard. I'm with you all feeling that Skoronski could be excellent inside. I have no idea what position we will prioritize with DB, WR and EDGE being deep IMO.

No way we're dumb enough to waste a 1rst rounder on a RB. 

What RB is worth a 1rst rounder? Zeke? Barkley? Zero championships on decent teams.

Titans rode King Henry to a ton of wins, but he's a ****ing unicorn. 6'3" 247lbs and shifty? It still took him 4 years to break out.

I do not believe there is such a thing as a first round running back. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

What RB is worth a 1rst rounder? Zeke? Barkley? Zero championships on decent teams.

Titans rode King Henry to a ton of wins, but he's a ****ing unicorn. 6'3" 247lbs and shifty? It still took him 4 years to break out.

So if LT or Marshall Faulk were in this draft, you wouldn't take them in the first round?  You wouldn't take AP in the first round?  Talent is talent.  Bijon is a top 5 talent in this draft.  Heck, DJ has him 3rd overall in the entire draft.  If Bijon is there at 16, I'm racing to the podium.  I don't think he's going to be there however.  I could see Chicago taking him at 9 for example.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

IDK Kool - he's damn good and we are interested in the position according to the visits. I like Brian Robinson, but Bijan is head and shoulders better. Bijan could also take a lot of pressure off of Sam. But, I am forgetting the TE situation too and that certainly could be in play also. 

Edited by Chump Bailey

9 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

So if LT or Marshall Faulk were in this draft, you wouldn't take them in the first round?  You wouldn't take AP in the first round?  Talent is talent.  Bijon is a top 5 talent in this draft.  Heck, DJ has him 3rd overall in the entire draft.  If Bijon is there at 16, I'm racing to the podium.  I don't think he's going to be there however.  I could see Chicago taking him at 9 for example.

LT or Faulk? Those are top 5 all time from an era that was RB heavy. That value doesn't even exist any more. Now? I don't think so. Heck the team that drafted Faulk didn't even keep him.

4 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

IDK Kool - he's damn good and we are interested in the position according to the visits. I like Brian Robinson, but Bijan is head and shoulders better. Bijan could also take a lot of pressure off of Sam. But, I am forgetting the TE situation too and that certainly could be in play also. 

He's awesome for sure, but RB, like IOL. Safety, you don't take at the top of the draft. Heck, top ten is for QB, CB, EDGE, LT and not much else. If dudes elite the mid rounds are alright, like LBer.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

I've digested it a bit more, Wylie in his travels did play some LG, too.  So I think its open season.   RT or RG or LG. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've digested it a bit more, Wylie in his travels did play some LG, too.  So I think its open season.   RT or RG or LG. 

Yeah, I don’t think they know who their starting RT is yet. Could be Wylie (being paid more like a OG than a tackle) could be Cosmi, etc. C is still in play too, Nick could play guard if he gets beat out by the rookie. I’m still hoping for CB or OT, unless there is a clearly better player staring us in the face. I just struggle with the positional value in the first for a OG or C.

Edited by seantaylor=god

To me it looks like that regardless of where Wylie ultimately ends up playing, we are likely in the G/C market and not the OT market. 

With Dantzler on board (damn that’s such a good get) and Danny Johnson I’m not sure CB is where they are angling either.

To me, IOL, Edge and TE are what’s on the board for us.

Based on visits I haven’t heard a ton about edges, so it’s looking like IOL/TE & LB are where we are likely to go in the first. Though Branch could still potentially be on the board. 

Given the positions we are probably shopping, I think this team is going to try very hard to move back in the first and get extra resources. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

To me it looks like that regardless of where Wylie ultimately ends up playing, we are likely in the G/C market and not the OT market. 

With Dantzler on board (damn that’s such a good get) and Danny Johnson I’m not sure CB is where they are angling either.

Based on visits I haven’t heard a ton about edges, so it’s looking like IOL/TE & LB are where we are likely to go in the first. Though Branch could still potentially be on the board. 

Given the positions we are probably shopping, I think this team is going to try very hard to move back in the first and get extra resources. 

Don't forget LBer snd maybe change of pace RB.

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You may be correct but I don’t think you can conclude that (and I know you aren’t). You can easily go with a Cosmi - Gates - Wylie interior.

This puts them in a position not to force a pick at RT at #16. However, if Paris Johnson is sitting there, I doubt they pass on him

Edited by method man
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, method man said:

You may be correct but I don’t think you can conclude that (and I know you aren’t). You can easily go with a Cosmi - Gates - Wylie interior.

This puts them in a position not to force a pick at RT at #16. However, if Paris Johnson is sitting there, I doubt they pass on him

Absolutely agree if Paris is there they take him.

Did Gates play LG or RG? I know very little about him but I thought he was a G/C and better suited as a center. 

Keep in mind whenever we have these draft talks… a lot of it depends who is on the board. If we accounted for all possibilities in every post each post would be a novella.

Wylie and Cosmi will both stay on the right side, imo. Unless there is more to them than I am aware of. 

I think they are eyeballing Torrence and Skoronski mostly. But have a few other options.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Absolutely agree if Paris is there they take him.

Did Gates play LG or RG? I know very little about him but I thought he was a G/C and better suited as a center. 

Keep in mind whenever we have these draft talks… a lot of it depends who is on the board. If we accounted for all possibilities in every post each post would be a novella.

Wylie and Cosmi will both stay on the right side, imo. Unless there is more to them than I am aware of. 

I think they are eyeballing Torrence and Skoronski mostly. But have a few other options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watched this game, he didn't blow me away but Barton is better than I expected -- not the best at shedding but fluid in coverage and plays with plenty of energy

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

LG and center

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Trade back definitely.

Judging by Keim's podcasts, O line in play in both FA and the draft so not sure their take changed aside from not having to force a pick.  But the wild card to your point I gather is what if they go at this as a win now approach completely.

It wouldn't surpise me if they drafted someone to replace Leno if not for this year than the future.  Clearly they were aware of their FA targets before the combine, yet they still met with a ton of tackles.    They could put Wylie at LG, Cosmi at RG, and then the young guy at RT.

If we are purely thinking they are thinking win now and lets say they don't trade down.  Maybe Witherspoon, I used to think he wouldn't be there at 16 but am thinking now he might be. Or Skoronski (a dude that I think might be there at 16 even though the draft media doesn't think so).  Plug and play corner or LG, I could see that. 

If they are gone, Porter, Torrence?

Edited by Skinsinparadise

It wouldn't surprise me if EDGE is in play on Day 1 or Day 2. Keim has alluded to that a few times. The other lever that becomes realistic is they could trade down from #16 and grab another pick or two.

52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Watched this game, he didn't blow me away but Barton is better than I expected -- not the best at shedding but fluid in coverage and plays with plenty of energy

LG and center

I think Barton is a former college safety. He seems like a good option to play that 3rd linebacker role and we are a much better fit for him than Seattle given what we have on the DLine to keep him clean. I wonder what this means for Holcomb - Keim seems to make it seem that bringing Barton in makes Holcomb a question mark

• Like 1