Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Commanders Cole Turner TE Nevada

PCS

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Cooley this morning rave about Cole Turner.  Comp he liked to him Jimmy Graham.

Great hands, seperates well, great feel for holes in the zone, great catch radius.   Average to subpar as a blocker.  He is jazzed about his prospects. 

With the horses we have at WR, the middle of the field and the underneath stuff, should be largely open and guarded by LBers most of the time.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

With the horses we have at WR, the middle of the field and the underneath stuff, should be largely open and guarded by LBers most of the time.

When our offense was at its best in recent years (2015-2016) it could exploit the middle of the field and threaten defenses vertically and one would open the other.   I recall Jay used to say even if D-Jax didn't get the ball he made an impact because of how he opened things up underneath.  I recall D Jax saying in the game they clinched the playoffs against Philly in 2015 that they played to stop him but that opened things up for Jordan Reed to kill them.

I know plenty hate Kirk but aside from RG3 IMO he by a mile was the best deep ball thrower we had in a long time.  He had a strong arm but not a rocket but he put good air on his throws giving D-Jax time to get under the ball.  RG3 was good at that, too. Campbell and Haskins had strong arms but threw poor deep balls IMO -- their throws were too flat.  Actually ironically I recall I pointed that out the previous off season about Sam Howell about how he through some beauty deep balls because he had nice touch-air on those throws which made them more catchable.

My point is Wentz majors in this.  i am listening to Greg Cosell right now on Keim's podcast highlighting Wentz being a good fit to Turner's scheme mainly because of his vertical game.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

When our offense was at its best in recent years (2015-2016) it could exploit the middle of the field and threaten defenses vertically and one would open the other.   I recall Jay used to say even if D-Jax didn't get the ball he made an impact because of how he opened things up underneath.  I recall D Jax saying in the game they clinched the playoffs against Philly in 2015 that they played to stop him but that opened things up for Jordan Reed to kill them.

I know plenty hate Kirk but aside from RG3 IMO he by a mile was the best deep ball thrower we had in a long time.  He had a strong arm but not a rocket but he put good air on his throws giving D-Jax time to get under the ball.  RG3 was good at that, too. Campbell and Haskins had strong arms but threw poor deep balls IMO -- their throws were too flat.  Actually ironically I recall I pointed that out the previous off season about Sam Howell about how he through some beauty deep balls because he had nice touch-air on those throws which made them more catchable.

My point is Wentz majors in this.  i am listening to Greg Cosell right now on Keim's podcast highlighting Wentz being a good fit to Turner's scheme mainly because of his vertical game.

Yeah, Cosell was particularly bearish on Dotson and Robinson in podcasts with Ross Tucker.  He had Dotson above Olave and really liked Robinson.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Yeah, Cosell was particularly bearish on Dotson and Robinson in podcasts with Ross Tucker.  He had Dotson above Olave and really liked Robinson.

Yep I know, I like to listen to his draft podcasts with Ross Tucker.  I think its bullish though isn't it as opposed to bearish?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We have what?3 or 4 guys who run sub 4.4 40's now? Should be a lot of fun to watch if this offense catches fire, which I think it will. Solid line, weapons at all 3 levels and a big armed QB that likes going for the big play and if we get a decent lead, should be able to reward the Oline and just pound it out. I was pretty optimistic last season, but I think this is the year. Hopefully Wentz answers our QB problem and we can restructure his contract to give us a ton of room under the cap, keep everyone and really build this thing up nicely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

We have what?3 or 4 guys who run sub 4.4 40's now? Should be a lot of fun to watch if this offense catches fire, which I think it will. Solid line, weapons at all 3 levels and a big armed QB that likes going for the big play and if we get a decent lead, should be able to reward the Oline and just pound it out. I was pretty optimistic last season, but I think this is the year. Hopefully Wentz answers our QB problem and we can restructure his contract to give us a ton of room under the cap, keep everyone and really build this thing up nicely.

Samuel, Terry, Gibson sub 4.4.  Dotson just a little above it.  Dyami 4.45.   They got the guys who can take the top off a defense for sure. 

I am mostly sold on Wentz but I think this season is a perfect set up for whether he's the dude or not.  He has better weapons IMO than he did in Philly during his 2017 peak season.  And as for him playing better when the stakes are high -- perfect type of season to test that too with all the revenge type games on the schedule.    The Colts for example have crapped on him so much I can imagine how that will test his ability to stay cool that game.  Ditto Philly Monday Night, etc.  Heck even the Jax game has a Wentz subplot to it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Samuel, Terry, Gibson sub 4.4.  Dotson just a little above it.  Dyami 4.45.   They got the guys who can take the top off a defense for sure. 

I am mostly sold on Wentz but I think this season is a perfect set up for whether he's the dude or not.  He has better weapons IMO than he did in Philly during his 2017 peak season.  And as for him playing better when the stakes are high -- perfect type of season to test that too with all the revenge type games on the schedule.    The Colts for example have crapped on him so much I can imagine how that will test his ability to stay cool that game.  Ditto Philly Monday Night, etc.  Heck even the Jax game has a Wentz subplot to it. 

Should definitely be an exciting year for us. We haven't had a big armed QB like Wentz since cousins, sure, but Wentz has a Farve like play style and I don't know that we've seen that in a very long time, from a QB who is also good. It's like a combination of the RG3 and Cousins excitement. I also love the added chip on everyones shoulders.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep I know, I like to listen to his draft podcasts with Ross Tucker.  I think its bullish though isn't it as opposed to bearish?

Yup, got me there :)

Meant bullish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Should definitely be an exciting year for us. We haven't had a big armed QB like Wentz since cousins, sure, but Wentz has a Farve like play style and I don't know that we've seen that in a very long time, from a QB who is also good. It's like a combination of the RG3 and Cousins excitement. I also love the added chip on everyones shoulders.

Agree.  Some who know Carson have said that he thinks him going to the Colts gave him a security blanket that might not have served him.  That is, he went to play for Reich who he was confortable with and he might have believed then that the Eagles were the problem not him.

Not that in my view, Carson has a ton to fix.  But every player has weaknesses and its good to work on them.  So what some have said is the Colts kicking him might actually be good for him.  Ditto going to a place where he has no security blanket.  He's going to be thrown right into the fire as far as teams that marry to his own career arc-storyline.

Sort of a Rocky 3 type theme.  A dude that was once billed as the next Peyton to now being a national punchline.  That ride must feel wild to him especially because the punch line status might feel unfair. I think its unfair. 

For some who know and like him ala Chris Long, an Eagles reporter said something similar, Carson can be a bit stubborn about "his way" being better than what his coaches think.  And he has a bit of an ego.  Even though he's a nice guy.  So their thought is if Carson allows himself to be coached more and he gets off the idea that he has the answers then good coaching might take with him better. 

For example, it's not hard to read between the lines from Ballards series of comments is they wanted Wentz to throw more underneath than what he was doing -- suggesting he ignored some of the easy as he called it layups that some defenses were giving him.   

Almost feels like we are swinging from one extreme to another.  Heinicke majored in the easy layups -- underneath stuff.  Wentz likes to throw the ball down the field -- which I like but it sounds like sometimes he needs to reign it in if the coverage dictates him to throw underneath. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Cooley this morning rave about Cole Turner.  Comp he liked to him Jimmy Graham.

Great hands, seperates well, great feel for holes in the zone, great catch radius.   Average to subpar as a blocker.  He is jazzed about his prospects.

This is an endorsement that is hard to argue with, cool to hear.

• Like 1

@SkinsinparadiseSpeaking of reading coverages (this isn’t directed at you though), I happened across this article about Norv’s offense from when he was the OC in Carolina.  I’m sure Scott has his own wrinkles, but I found it very informative.  Not that it’s unique to this offense or anything, but it really underscores the need to read the safety/safeties.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/10/20/18003868/philadelphia-eagles-carolina-panthers-norv-turner-cam-netwon-air-coryell

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This kid looks like a real find.....very excited about his prospects. Wentz will use him for sure.

5 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

This pick cannot bode well for Sammy Reyes.  If Jordan is healthy I do hope we get to see him and Turner on the field at the same time. Go big or go home. 

I feel if Reyes can provide value on ST, it may be worth keeping 4 TEs. Especially given Thomas's injuries. I still hope he can become a player for Washington. But I can see it your way, too. The Turner pick could mean they are already leaning towards a separation. 

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

@SkinsinparadiseSpeaking of reading coverages (this isn’t directed at you though), I happened across this article about Norv’s offense from when he was the OC in Carolina.  I’m sure Scott has his own wrinkles, but I found it very informative.  Not that it’s unique to this offense or anything, but it really underscores the need to read the safety/safeties.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/10/20/18003868/philadelphia-eagles-carolina-panthers-norv-turner-cam-netwon-air-coryell

That's great. I love that stuff

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, duffy said:

I feel if Reyes can provide value on ST, it may be worth keeping 4 TEs. Especially given Thomas's injuries. I still hope he can become a player for Washington. But I can see it your way, too. The Turner pick could mean they are already leaning towards a separation. 

Long ago the Patriots first play of the year featured 3TE's split out wide. Two became blockers for the TE screen which turned into a nice gain. It was awesome seeing the big TEs manhanding the DBs and also BB ingenuity at work. Ever since then I have been hoping to see us use all our hands TEs at once more than never times a year. I do think Reyes didn't do himself any favors with IIRC juggling balls in his very limited targets. If his blocking is up to snuff in a strong camp showing a lot of improvement maybe Bates is who he'll be battling for a spot. Or maybe Turner will end up on the PS... yeah yeah I know he'll never make it lol

'plucked up faster than the Rose of Tralee' - Caddyshack

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Haha 1

I know this is an ES tradition to get hyped in the summer for anybody with a pulse who's supposed to catch the ball, but isn't it just a little early to throw around references like Jimmy Graham? I feel like we should wait until he absolutely SCORCHES a training camp invite MLB in 7-on-7's before we talk about how this is the most stacked TE roster in the NFL since the Patriots had Gronk and the murderer.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I know this is an ES tradition to get hyped in the summer for anybody with a pulse who's supposed to catch the ball, but isn't it just a little early to throw around references like Jimmy Graham? I feel like we should wait until he absolutely SCORCHES a training camp invite MLB in 7-on-7's before we talk about how this is the most stacked TE roster in the NFL since the Patriots had Gronk and the murderer.

You're way behind. I've already declared this draft as the best in franchise history.

But seriously, I think we got 5 players that will all contribute immediately. Even if they aren't superstars that's one hell of a draft. If one of the two sevenths pan out it's icing on the cake. It becomes greatest of all time if Sam Howell develops into a starting QB.

59 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'm just pissed everyone is sleeping on my favorite offensive player since Mike Seelars. Big John Bates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm just pissed everyone is sleeping on my favorite offensive player since Mike Seelars. Big John Bates.

Whoa whoa I said the same thing about Jeremy 'Weewee' Sprinkle.  250+ snaps and 0 touches for a TE must be some sort of record.

I don't think I will ever forget Iron Mike's 3 consecutive failed dives over the top on the goal line. It could have been the biggest night of his life.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Haha 2