Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Commanders Cole Turner TE Nevada

PCS

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

So Keim is suggesting that Cole might be good to go but can't get on the field because Armani Rodgers is doing ok at TE AND plays special teams.  Which begs the question of what were they gonna do if Turner hadn't been nursing a hamstring all through camp?  

if it were me im keeping both turner and rodgers active on game day while keeping either brown or sims inactive. with the way we deploy jd, gibson and logan out wide so much you dont need milne, sims and brown all up on game days

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Would much rather have Turner active than Dyami or Sims. Bates is a good blocker and #2 TE but if Logan Thomas goes down in-game, or has to miss snaps—Turner is the guy I want in there attacking the seam and the redzone. Not Armani Rodgers

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Conn said:

Would much rather have Turner active than Dyami or Sims. Bates is a good blocker and #2 TE but if Logan Thomas goes down in-game, or has to miss snaps—Turner is the guy I want in there attacking the seam and the redzone. Not Armani Rodgers

With us expecting to see a ton of  pressure and need to rely on quick passes that are off placement, I'd rather go with the top 3 WRs and Milne, then 4 TEs. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Conn said:

I can understand this but Rodgers has real game experience. Maybe if we can work him in it's cool but I don't want to take reps from Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

I can understand this but Rodgers has real game experience. Maybe if we can work him in it's cool but I don't want to take reps from Rodgers. 

Rodgers is fine, but Turner has a real high ceiling imo. That play we designed for Rodgers in week 1, the first offensive plat of the season—Turner could have easily done that. Rodgers has been a nice surprise (especially if he’s contributing on ST’s at a high level) but he hasn’t flashed anything special yet imo. And he’s still active on gameday in my scenario. 

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

On the other hand, Rogers, as a converted qb, has far less experience than Turner.  On top of that, reports seemed to suggest Turner was a redzone monster in camp and he offers a helluva catch radius/sure hands for Wentz.  Frankly, I think the plan was for Turner to handle a good amount of Logan’s snaps while they eased the latter in.  My hope is that they scale back Thomas’ workload in conjunction with easing Turner back from his injury.  I’d guess Rogers will still get some snaps though, we’ll see.  

I actually have a small hope that Turner can be a wildcard for us this game - a bit of a surprising addition to our offense that helps enough to give us a fighting chance.  The skeptical side of me thinks our defense (and to a lesser, but crucial extent our oline) gives us virtually no chance this game.  
More broadly speaking though, pretty exciting how the O has performed when we have 2 potential difference makers yet to play in Turner/Robinson.