Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

It begins. I doubt they settle this for the 1bil. There is around 10 billion of value on the table between where Musk agreed to buy it and where the stock price is now. If they accepted the one billion the board could face lawsuits of there own.

So I find it very unlikely they settle. All comes down to the bot issue

So according to the lawsuit, Musk showed little to no interest in actually seeing how they estimate the spam bots and didn't even read what they sent him in May. It's almost as if that was just a pretext to get out of a deal after he had buyer's remorse.

I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked.

katy-perry-shocked.gif

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Freudian slip? I believe the term is **** You Money. 

Well yes. Elon probably has fifty thousand times the threshold for **** You Money.

**** Me Money is just CousinsCowGirl naming her (extremely high) price.

• Haha 7
  • Thumb up 1

This discussion of “sending Elon information” as though Twitter is emailing him a document or two seems bizarre. Even in a small acquisition a ‘data room’ would be established where every piece of information exchanged, whether material or not, would be stored for the acquiring team to review. This likely includes many tens of thousands of documents. These conversations between lawyers (and tech staff) go on literally 24/7 during the acquisition process. If there was a material issue that the acquisition team was dissatisfied with this would have surfaced long ago. 

Elon is just pissed because he is overpaying because of the market drop.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

21 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Freudian slip? I believe the term is **** You Money. 

Nah. See you don’t even know about **** me money. Also @Corcaigh

a lot of people have **** around money. A few people have the **** you money. The type of money you throw around to spite someone else. Very very few people have **** me money. **** me money is money you are spending where you know that your spending money is going to come back to bite you in the ass and cost you way more money, but you spend it in spite of yourself.

Musk has **** me money. 

if you got an hour to waste to learn about **** me money you might have **** me money, if not **** you.

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

So according to the lawsuit, Musk showed little to no interest in actually seeing how they estimate the spam bots and didn't even read what they sent him in May. It's almost as if that was just a pretext to get out of a deal after he had buyer's remorse.

I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked.

katy-perry-shocked.gif

Now you surely realize that this is Twitters most optimistic version of events, correct?

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

/Wachtell has entered the chatroom

https://www.reuters.com/technology/twitter-hires-legal-team-sue-musk-over-dropped-takeover-bloomberg-news-2022-07-10/

Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) has hired U.S. law firm Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz LLP as it prepares to sue Elon Musk and force him to complete the $44 billion acquisition of the social media company, according to people familiar with the matter.

8 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Nah. See you don’t even know about **** me money. Also @Corcaigh

a lot of people have **** around money. A few people have the **** you money. The type of money you throw around to spite someone else. Very very few people have **** me money. **** me money is money you are spending where you know that your spending money is going to come back to bite you in the ass and cost you way more money, but you spend it in spite of yourself.

Musk has **** me money. 

if you got an hour to waste to learn about **** me money you might have **** me money, if not **** you.

Now you surely realize that this is Twitters most optimistic version of events, correct?

I don’t have an hour to waste on Adam Carolla, no. I used to listen to him back when I lived in Seattle and he had a syndicated morning drive show out of LA. I’ll just take your word that you actually meant to say **** me money.Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

I don’t have an hour to waste on Adam Carolla, no. I used to listen to him back when I lived in Seattle and he had a syndicated morning drive show out of LA. I’ll just take your word that you actually meant to say **** me money.Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

He isn’t very good anymore… 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

It will be interesting to see how the CEO of Rivian turns out. The “Anti-Elon”

https://www.ft.com/content/1cab9637-5135-4da8-b0af-a0b56bab84a5

Worst case scenario is a larger company buys it…maybe even Tesla.  The product and the tech behind it is too good to disappear.

I wish them the best and I put in a $1000 deposit on the SUV a month or so ago.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Of course, though I also sort of doubt they'd stress it so much in the lawsuit without having some sort of evidence to back it up. I'd find it hard to believe that Twitter went into a $44 billion deal without covering all of their legal bases.

If Musk requested info and they agreed to make it available to him I'd think they would make sure there was some sort of paper trail in case things went sideways (which they probably figured might happen, since it's Elon Musk and all).

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Of course, though I also sort of doubt they'd stress it so much in the lawsuit without having some sort of evidence to back it up. I'd find it hard to believe that Twitter went into a $44 billion deal without covering all of their legal bases.

If Musk requested info and they agreed to make it available to him I'd think they would make sure there was some sort of paper trail in case things went sideways (which they probably figured might happen, since it's Elon Musk and all).

Waiting for some folks to realize they are being messed with just to keep replying and posting and replying with this idea they are going to convince someone who is trolling them. 

30 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

It would be the height of complete, total, beautiful, delicious pettiness if Twitter shut down Leon's account.🤣🤣🤣

Maybe if they loose the lawsuit. I doubt they do anything like that before the lawsuit is over. And of course if they win the lawsuit and Musk is forced to buy Twitter…. Well… can’t ban him them 🤪

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Waiting for some folks to realize they are being messed with just to keep replying and posting and replying with this idea they are going to convince someone who is trolling them. 

No one has to convince anyone; no one can convince anyone. There isn’t enough information available. 

Ultimately it will be decided in court and then we can put the debate to rest.

My position is it’s possible musk messed up but also it’s possible Twitter isn’t being truthful in there SEC filings and musk might be correct when he says Twitter breached the contract. It seems to me like a lot of people here hate him so much they have written off that possibility in it’s entirety. 

14 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

No one has to convince anyone; no one can convince anyone. There isn’t enough information available. 

Ultimately it will be decided in court and then we can put the debate to rest.

My position is it’s possible musk messed up but also it’s possible Twitter isn’t being truthful in there SEC filings and musk might be correct when he says Twitter breached the contract. It seems to me like a lot of people here hate him so much they have written off that possibility in it’s entirety. 

And it seems you love him so much that you’ve ignored, or at least discounted the fact that he has enough money to outlast them in court. So Twitter could in fact, as I think, have a valid claim but won’t ever be able to win because of Leon’s Boer Bucks. Gotta love our so-called “justice” system.🙄

1 minute ago, CobraCommander said:

So why is twitter suing to force Leon into buying the company if they didn’t want him to buy it in the first place? What am I missing? Sounds like the people there don’t want to work for him. Do they just want to force his hand to get 1 billion dollars?

Dr Evil GIF by Product Hunt

I believe his offer is like a 40% premium on the stock price as of the day of his offer, so even if they ****ing hate his guts, they (the board of directors) have duty to their shareholders to do the deal, and the opinions of the worker bees at the company simply do not matter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

And it seems you love him so much that you’ve ignored, or at least discounted the fact that he has enough money to outlast them in court. So Twitter could in fact, as I think, have a valid claim but won’t ever be able to win because of Leon’s Boer Bucks. Gotta love our so-called “justice” system.🙄

Yesterday, I posted a link to an article noting that Twitter hired the law firm Wachtell.  I don't think anyone understood what that means or why I posted it.  Wachtell is the most high-powered law firm in the world and all they do is mergers and acquisitions.  There are like 3 or 4 dozen really high powered law firms in the US, and Wachtell is simply on a different level than all of them.  They are S tier.  Twitter has plenty of money to take this to the mattresses, and now they have the best possible legal representation.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2