Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

3 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I actually semi-agree with Elon in the second clip, though I think it would have to be more involved than the AI just thinking we're interesting.

But I agree that in order to make an AGI "safe" it would have to be a bottom up approach where, as it evolves,  it would need to learn to have shared values with humans. That's vs a top top down approach which would be along the lines of Asimov's "Rules of Robotics" where you set hard coded rules into the software/firmware.

But any sufficiently intelligent and advanced AGI would likely take about 1 second to figure out 100 loopholes to the top down rules.

The other hope we could have for a super intelligent AGI is that, while it doesn't actually empathize with humans, it feels a sense of noblesse oblige and takes care of us.  :ols:

Edited by mistertim

Elon Musk Spreads Misleading Claim About Mark Zuckerberg Donating Millions To Get Biden In Office

Elon Musk indicated Monday fellow tech billionaire Mark Zuckerberg spent hundreds of millions of dollars to help elect Democrats including President Joe Biden in the 2020 election, parroting a misleading assertion fueled by election fraud zealots including former President Donald Trump.

"My understanding is that Zuckerberg spent $400 million in the last election nominally in a get out the vote campaign but really fundamentally in support of Democrats,” Musk said in an interview with Fox News’ Tucker Carlson which aired Monday night.

Musk is referring to September and October 2020 donations totaling $419 million Zuckerberg and his wife made to the Center for Tech and Civic Life and the Center for Election Innovation & Research, nonprofits dedicated to aid in-person voting.

“Does that sound unbiased to you?" Musk asked Carlson, responding to his own rhetorical question later on Twitter, “Umm … no.”

That repeats a claim most notably endorsed by Trump, who baselessly said in October 2021 Zuckerberg “change[d] the course of a Presidential Election” and is a “criminal;” a 2022 Associated Press fact check found these claims of Zuckerberg swaying the election in favor of Democrats was “missing context” and influenced by false claims of election fraud.

Click on the link for the full article

42 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

No, you plebs just don't understand. See, I googled "How to design a spaceship" and found a Wikipedia article about it, so let me explain to you all how this was actually a brilliant design that worked perfectly according to plan despite seeming like an obvious failure...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

No, you plebs just don't understand. See, I googled "How to design a spaceship" and found a Wikipedia article about it, so let me explain to you all how this was actually a brilliant design that worked perfectly according to plan despite seeming like an obvious failure...

Luckily, we have an aerospace engineering expert as a member here in the tailgate.  I expect they will check in shortly to explain everything to us.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Luckily, we have an aerospace engineering expert as a member here in the tailgate.  I expect they will check in shortly to explain everything to us.

Well I'm listening to an actual expert on CNN is describing it as a success. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

What were its goals?

I guess the takeoff itself is how I understood it.  He said everything else was just gravy, part of aerospace engineering is **** blowing up and being able to see why, etc.  He seemed pretty happy and not like just an Elon fanboy.

• Like 1

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

I guess the takeoff itself is how I understood it.  He said everything else was just gravy, part of aerospace engineering is **** blowing up and being able to see why, etc.  He seemed pretty happy and not like just an Elon fanboy.

I don't follow any of this SpaceX stuff (if that's what it was lol)...from what you said this guy was saying, it's a bit like the toy rocket scenes from the movie October Sky. Their first 29 or whatever attempts never made it far, but they kept improving each time and the kids doing the experiments were always excited even when they crashed or blew up lol...

• Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well I'm listening to an actual expert on CNN is describing it as a success. 

In my youth, I probably would've described a number of rapid unscheduled events as "successes" as well.

Now that I'm older and wiser I just think about baseball until orbit is achieved.

• Haha 6