Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

16 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Regulations = Attacking. 

While that is most likely true… he’s also had plenty of Democratic politicians criticize him for not paying enough taxes and wasting his money on space travel at the expense of more urgent and noble causes.

Meh, for all his billions he only gets one vote. 

I don’t think democrats are attacking Tesla or SpaceX.  

The FAA has been slow in giving him a permit and the NTSHA has begun investigating the safety of releasing beta FSD to a wide market. Also when Biden was at a ford plant he referred to ford as the future of EVs made in America which I guess would rub someone who has been doing it for 10 years the wrong way.

37 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Also when Biden was at a ford plant he referred to ford as the future of EVs made in America which I guess would rub someone who has been doing it for 10 years the wrong way.

Biden was making a point to not discuss Tesla because of their anti-union activities. 

So why would he be so thin-skinned about it? 

56 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

He’s butt hurt that Tesla isn’t the only one in the electric game. Tesla will always have their share, since they were first in the mass ev market; but as the entire car industry switched to evs, Tesla won’t be as unique anymore.

We keep waiting for this to be true. I’m pretty sure Tesla are the only real ev you can take delivery of this year. Maybe you can still get the new Honda…

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

51 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

We keep waiting for this to be true. I’m pretty sure Tesla are the only real ev you can take delivery of this year. Maybe you can still get the new Honda…

In Annapolis the Ford dealer has 4 Mach-Es on the lot, the Audi dealer has 4 various e-trons, the Hyundai dealer has 2 Ioniq 5s and the Mercedes dealer has an EQS. 

In fifteen minutes from my home there are 11 cars from four manufacturers.. I'm honestly surprised how many electric are on the lot in my area. 

Tesla has one new vehicle within 200 miles of my zip, a Model S. Tesla does have a fair amount of used cars showing as Rockville though. 

Edited by GoCommiesGo
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, GoCommiesGo said:

In Annapolis the Ford dealer has 4 Mach-Es on the lot, the Audi dealer has 4 various e-trons, the Hyundai dealer has 2 Ioniq 5s and the Mercedes dealer has an EQS. 

In fifteen minutes from my home there are 11 cars from four manufacturers.. I'm honestly surprised how many electric are on the lot in my area. 

Tesla has one new vehicle within 200 miles of my zip, a Model S. Tesla does have a fair amount of used cars showing as Rockville though. 

Link for the other cars?

Tesla doesn’t normally keep any new cars on the lot.  You order them and then they make it and then you pick it up from the lot. The model S was probably a rejected delivery.

https://electrek.co/2022/04/18/if-you-wanted-to-order-a-2022-ford-mustang-mach-e-online-in-the-us-youre-now-out-of-luck/amp/

Jfc I'm starting to think this guy really doesn't care about his workers. 😕

No surprise as probably he sees anyone not nakmed him as inferior and replaceable, but **** this guy. And **** anyone who thinks this is ok to do during a once in a century pandemic.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/01/elon-musk-reportedly-tells-tesla-workers-to-be-in-office-full-time-or-resign.html

20 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

So there is competition and people are choosing Tesla over the competition. That is surprising especially when you realize Tesla doesn’t qualify did the 7500 tax credit

At this point, Tesla dominates the pure EV market but each year that's going to change. Pre-pandemic the U.S. auto industry sold 15-17 million cars annually. As the transition to either an all electric fleet or mostly electric fleet occurs in the next decade; Tesla isn't going to be selling 10 million cars annually. They will have to compete with from an electric fleet from not only heritage automakers but newer electric automakers like Fisker, Rivan, Fisker. Cadillac is going to be electric only. Thinking Lincoln going that way.

Every major automaker will have at least one pure electric vehicle car by 2025. Tesla, while having there share; will be competing with everyone. 

I'm a Subaru owner. I've owned 4 of them. 2000 Legacy Wagon, 2005 Legacy Wagon, 2010 Forester, 2017 Imperza. Didn't own the Forester too long . Got me 2012 Hyundai Elantra .  My next car will be an Outback. Subaru is selling a pure Electric car, the Soltera for 23. That one doesn't interest me but if an electric Outback come out; would buy it.

I think people , especially those partial to one brand; will flock to an electric car from their brand ; instead of rushing to Tesla. Some of those Audis and Mercedes look far better than Tesla.

Tesla has built a loyal following and will keep those but I don't see Tesla chipping away sales from the other automakers.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

50 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

No surprise as probably he sees anyone not nakmed him as inferior and replaceable, but **** this guy. And **** anyone who thinks this is ok to do during a once in a century pandemic.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/01/elon-musk-reportedly-tells-tesla-workers-to-be-in-office-full-time-or-resign.html

I saw this and just shook my head. My agency set new performance records during the pandemic, and we dealt with a huge portion of the pandemic requirements. 

When people need to see you in the seat to believe you are working, it's a management issue. You manage the work not the people. Managers who try to manage only the people, are typically pretty poor managers. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

At this point, Tesla dominates the pure EV market but each year that's going to change. Pre-pandemic the U.S. auto industry sold 15-17 million cars annually. As the transition to either an all electric fleet or mostly electric fleet occurs in the next decade; Tesla isn't going to be selling 10 million cars annually. They will have to compete with from an electric fleet from not only heritage automakers but newer electric automakers like Fisker, Rivan, Fisker. Cadillac is going to be electric only. Thinking Lincoln going that way.

Every major automaker will have at least one pure electric vehicle car by 2025. Tesla, while having there share; will be competing with everyone. 

I'm a Subaru owner. I've owned 4 of them. 2000 Legacy Wagon, 2005 Legacy Wagon, 2010 Forester, 2017 Imperza. Didn't own the Forester too long . Got me 2012 Hyundai Elantra .  My next car will be an Outback. Subaru is selling a pure Electric car, the Soltera for 23. That one doesn't interest me but if an electric Outback come out; would buy it.

I think people , especially those partial to one brand; will flock to an electric car from their brand ; instead of rushing to Tesla. Some of those Audis and Mercedes look far better than Tesla.

Tesla has built a loyal following and will keep those but I don't see Tesla chipping away sales from the other automakers.

So in the future there will be competition that people choose over Tesla?  

🙃

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I am in middle management for my business and I cannot stress enough that my job is to ensure I have the most productive workers, that happy and satisfied workers are more productive and remote work completly flipped the equation.  I couldn't tolerate being a mid-level manager if I was in the office 40 hours a week.  

And if my boss truly thought I was "pretending to work", he could go screw himself and he is doing a sucky job. 

Many middle and upper manager's have no idea how the equation is flipping and workers don't want to be counted like beans... especially when many senior level folks productivity went up during the pandemic.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I am in middle management for my business and I cannot stress enough that my job is to ensure I have the most productive workers, that happy and satisfied workers are more productive and remote work completly flipped the equation.  I couldn't tolerate being a mid-level manager if I was in the office 40 hours a week.  

And if my boss truly thought I was "pretending to work", he could go screw himself and he is doing a sucky job. 

Many middle and upper manager's have no idea how the equation is flipping and workers don't want to be counted like beans... especially when many senior level folks productivity went up during the pandemic.

I've been a biotech consultant for over a decade. One client, the CEO of his company is in his 70s. 3-4 years ago he would openly talk about how he'll never do two things. Open Floorplans and remote working. While I do agree with the no privacy issue on Floorplans. Now on zoom calls he brags about having employees he never met but they are more productive as an org as ever. 

Took a pandemic for him to realize when you talk out the commute, recycled office building air, minimal sunlight, and cube farm. Happy employees can get more done.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Outside of a special circumstance - I wouldn’t even interview for a job that isn’t full remote 

I have a great home office in the woods. I work independently and if you are curious about whether I am working or not you just read my time card. 

No idea why someone would want to work in an office anymore. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4