Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Democrats are Objectively doing a terrible job running the country.

Forever A Redskin

Just now, PokerPacker said:

And yet somehow your personal beliefs allow you to support authoritarians over moderate liberals while you claim to be libertarian.  Doesn't sound like you really understand what your personal beliefs are.

Glad you know me so well. 

But ah yes, the old "they're all fascist authoritarians" trope. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Please, do share the list of accepted news sources. Is there a thread on ES listing them? Or are you maintaining a Wikipedia page for accepted sources in political discussion?

Any legitimate or cromulent publications would be great. NYT, WaPo, Miami Herald, Chicago Tribune, Boston Globe, Pittsburgh Gazette, LA Times, Denver Post, Dallas Morning News, Atlanta journal constitution, Charlotte Observer, ect. Thanks!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I'm still waiting for you to explain how two videos (since two were high schools) equate to widespread "grooming". 

Also, what do you think they are "grooming" the kids to do or be?

Edited by Hersh
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I was asked to provide backup to some of the claims I made. I did so. Now you want me to go respond to every post in the thread? I'm good on that man.

Posting pictures isn't making a (good) argument and isn't providing backup for your claims.  It isn't really even providing an argument.

Why do you think Biden is to blame for high gas prices?

Don't post a picture and don't post a link that nobody can read (does anybody subscribe to the USA Today)?

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

https://www.mercatus.org/publications/government-spending/debt-and-growth-decade-studies

"A large majority of studies on the debt-growth relationship find a threshold somewhere between 75 and 100 percent of GDP.

In the two models (out of 20) that did not show a causal effect, one of them found this:

What is more, the authors actually find a causal relationship from growth to debt, suggesting that negative growth effects increase public debt levels by inflating long-term real interest rates.”

Can you explain what this means?  Negative growth causes public debt to increase because it increases the default risk of the country? Increasing their cost to borrow…

In general they seem to indicate that debt to gdp levels of up to around 75 percent increase growth, then decrease growth after that. I guess it makes sense. If you are spending money your GDP should increase, (abs so should your taxes) if it doesn’t you aren’t getting a return on your investment. 

However the United States debt to gdp level has been above 75 percent since 2009 and in that time the GDP has grown from 14.5 to 23 trillion dollars. 

7 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Not a trope, just a fact.  I've got not dog in the fight between political parties as I am an actual libertarian.  One that classically leaned Republican if I had to choose, some years ago.  I would have taken John McCain over Barack Obama.  But that was before they took a hard turn to fascism and gave up any pretense of being anything else.  Before they starting kicking all of the moderates out of the party.  Remember when Romney was the Republican Presidential nominee?  Now he's being pushed out of the party because he didn't help Donald Trump overthrow our democracy.  Remember that whole thing?  You are supporting fascists that tried to overthrow our democracy while claiming to be a libertarian.  The cognitive dissonance here would have my mind running in circles if I hadn't become desensitized to it since the rise of the cult of Trump.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

So your definition of grooming is teaching the kids "to grow up to either by wonderful and accepting allies who have had this normalized in their lives from a young age if you normalize queerness from a young age their more likely to be accepting and understanding. And if they don't grow up to be allies, that those that turn out to be queer that they still love themselves and that it's alright."

Holy ****, you think she said something bad in that video? Wow, that's honestly super ****ed up if you think that message is somehow bad. She's not telling kids to be gay, she's teaching kids to be tolerant. I guess you are uncomfortable around gay people?

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

So your definition of grooming is teaching the kids "to grow up to either by wonderful and accepting allies who have had this normalized in their lives from a young age if you normalize queerness from a young age their more likely to be accepting and understanding. And if they don't grow up to be allies, that those that turn out to be queer that they still love themselves and that it's alright."

Holy ****, you think she said something bad in that video? Wow, that's honestly super ****ed up if you think that message is somehow bad. She's not telling kids to be gay, she's teaching kids to be tolerant. I guess you are uncomfortable around gay people?

I'm against teaching anything about sexuality or gender to kids. That's a conversation for parents and not for teachers to have with them.

And the majority of parents agree with me.

Edited by Forever A Redskin

I'm against teaching anything about sexuality or gender to kids. That's a conversation for parents and not for teachers to have with them.

But…. Why?

Do you want them to be STD riddled pregnant dropouts?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12292388/

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Forever A Redskin said:

Up until what age? What do you think the harm is to the kids? Will you tell you kid that it's okay for a man to love another man?  

7 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Not a trope, just a fact.  I've got not dog in the fight between political parties as I am an actual libertarian.  One that classically leaned Republican if I had to choose, some years ago.  I would have taken John McCain over Barack Obama.  But that was before they took a hard turn to fascism and gave up any pretense of being anything else.  Before they starting kicking all of the moderates out of the party.  Remember when Romney was the Republican Presidential nominee?  Now he's being pushed out of the party because he didn't help Donald Trump overthrow our democracy.  Remember that whole thing?  You are supporting fascists that tried to overthrow our democracy while claiming to be a libertarian.  The cognitive dissonance here would have my mind running in circles if I hadn't become desensitized to it since the rise of the cult of Trump.

Wait, wait, wait.  Let me stop you right there.  Romney is getting kicked to the curb because he is a pedophile.  At least that’s what MTG told me after he voted to confirm KBJ.

Why?  

And the majority of parents don’t agree with you.  If they did, more than half of the kids would be opted out of sex ed in public schools.  That does not happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Gender & sexuality are in lots of literature during K-12th grade.  It is actually a pretty regular thing in stories.   The issue is that people only see it as "gender & sexuality" if it goes outside heteronormative structure.   

For example no one is objecting to any books with a husband & wife.  No one would say "hey, stop teaching my kid about sexuality & gender" however if you took the same exact story but it featured a same-sex couple, then suddenly it is teaching about sexuality & gender.   

I'm not going to call anyone out in this particular thread because I don't know anyone well enough to  make the judgement, but if you go on social media it seems like this conversation always takes about 4-5 back & forth replies until we get to the actual root of the issue with these angry parents which is "I don't want my kid being turned gay" and now the hot new trend is claiming teachers are grooming children when the term isn't even being applied correctly in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I'm okay with the idea that someone wants to discuss this at home, but that doesn't happen all the time and there is too much hate by some. All that's really being done is promoting tolerance, which should always be taught at home, schools and workplaces. 

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

Gender & sexuality are in lots of literature during K-12th grade.  It is actually a pretty regular thing in stories.   The issue is that people only see it as "gender & sexuality" if it goes outside heteronormative structure.   

For example no one is objecting to any books with a husband & wife.  No one would say "hey, stop teaching my kid about sexuality & gender" however if you took the same exact story but it featured a same-sex couple, then suddenly it is teaching about sexuality & gender.   

I'm not going to call anyone out in this particular thread because I don't know anyone well enough to  make the judgement, but if you go on social media it seems like this conversation always takes about 4-5 back & forth replies until we get to the actual root of the issue with these angry parents which is "I don't want my kid being turned gay" and now the hot new trend is claiming teachers are grooming children when the term isn't even being applied correctly in the first place. 

My favorite is the banning of books because for sexuality and gender reasons while their kids look at all things on the internet. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Just as I said, any attempts at appeasing the request of "sources" would just be met with attacks on the credibility of those sources.

If you want to deny all of this stuff, that's fine. It's weird, because most of my liberal friends are fed up with Biden too.

I'll let you guys resume your circle jerk since I'm just a lunatic and uneducated. We will see when elections come.

Lets break this down and actually deal with specifics. You believe that Bidens administration is responsible for rising gas prices in the US. Can you explain why gas prices are also rising globally and how or why Biden is responsible for that?

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/global-gas-prices-soar-industry-struggles-meet-resurgent-demand-kemp-2021-09-09/

Same with inflation - the rates of inflation in the US are similar to those in most developed economies and lower than many. What you do think Biden has done (or not done) that is responsible for generally high inflation globally?

27 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

The issue is that they learn gender and sexuality at a young age and you’re actually fine with it as long as it’s heterosexual. the class watches a Disney cartoon where the prince saves the day and kisses the damsel in distress or marries her or the girl falls in love with Prince Charming etc. No problem. Why is that sexuality ok? Because it’s “normal” to you? 

if a female teacher forgets her lunch and her husband brings it to her and the kids ask who is that, she can safely say “my husband.” Your kid could come home and tell you that story and you’d have no concerns at all

if the same thing happens with a gay teacher and his husband, would that bother you the the male teacher said he had a husband? Imagine your kid then asks the teacher, how come you have a husband since kids love to ask questions and if it’s your kid they most certainly haven’t been exposed to a gay couple before. What is the appropriate response from the teacher? Why would one response from the first example be ok and then the other not? 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

Just as I said, any attempts at appeasing the request of "sources" would just be met with attacks on the credibility of those sources.

If you want to deny all of this stuff, that's fine. It's weird, because most of my liberal friends are fed up with Biden too.

I'll let you guys resume your circle jerk since I'm just a lunatic and uneducated. We will see when elections come.

Please, do share the list of accepted news sources. Is there a thread on ES listing them? Or are you maintaining a Wikipedia page for accepted sources in political discussion?

I responded with multiple videos and news articles. Am I on trial for my opinions and beliefs? Thought the tailgate was a place to openly discuss opinion and non football related topics. I feel I more than supported the claims I made in my OP.

If you guys think the left is doing a great job. Awesome. I don't. And the majority of America doesn't (my opinion, and approval ratings)

I was asked to provide backup to some of the claims I made. I did so. Now you want me to go respond to every post in the thread? I'm good on that man.

You posted screen shots of a bunch of articles instead of posting a link.  Please post the links so we can actually read the articles.  You seem to be ignoring every post I have made.  Why?

• Haha 1