Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

18 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I don't like Tyler Wells as our third starter 🫤

He didn’t look too bad yesterday. Gave up a HR and the other two on 3 singles, one of which was a nubber and an error on McCann to score the last. 

But we’ll see. He was really good last year for 3+ months before he smashed into a wall. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wells is alright.  As a #3, he's pretty good.

Didn't get to watch the game yesterday, but I kinda had a feeling what would happen against Detmers.  IIRC he schooled ua last year...soft tossing lefty always gives us fits.

Detmers was throwing 95 yesterday. He had electric stuff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

I'm going to make a bold prediction. Mike Trout will end the season as an Oriole. 

That is bold! As long as we don't give up the farm I am okay with that. We have a glutton of outfielders so not really a need, but it is Mike Trout.

I don’t think Trout is a fit, but stranger things have happened. 

The Royals starter Wacha doesn’t have the best stats against the O’s but his team always wins against us when he starts, so IDK. 

Wish i could see it. 
MASN's new deal with Comcast means i have to pay more to move up a tier to get the Orioles plus 30 channels i'll never watch, which would jack my TV portion of cable alone up near $300 per month.
**** that.

The O's were the last thing keeping me with cable, and I cut it last night. First time in 50 yrs there has not been Orioles baseball on in my house. I moved to MD when i was 10, and the O's were my TV on the first evening we were in, unpacking boxes. I am pretty bummed about it.

~Bang

• Sad 4

1st story on ESPNs sidebar.

Orioles prospects light up for 26 runs in record-setting show

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39871935/orioles-prospects-26-runs-record-setting-show

Heston Kjerstad went 5-for-7 with two home runs and 10 RBIs

Kyle Stowers had three homers, four hits and seven RBIs

Jackson Holliday had four hits

At what point do you bench guys as a favor to the other team?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bang said:

Wish i could see it. 
MASN's new deal with Comcast means i have to pay more to move up a tier to get the Orioles plus 30 channels i'll never watch, which would jack my TV portion of cable alone up near $300 per month.
**** that.

The O's were the last thing keeping me with cable, and I cut it last night. First time in 50 yrs there has not been Orioles baseball on in my house. I moved to MD when i was 10, and the O's were my TV on the first evening we were in, unpacking boxes. I am pretty bummed about it.

~Bang

MASN and all the local sports networks (and dozens of other cable channels) depend on getting money from the people who don't watch. And somehow collecting your money instead of Comcast is somehow bad for business..So obnoxious.