Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

2 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Looks like we still haven't fixed Fujinami's control issues.  And Mateo isn't long for this roster with his recent performance.

yep. Hitting two Jays was next level bad.

also, where did April Jorge Mateo go? 

It's a good thing that they got Flaherty from the Cards but too bad they didn't get Verlander also, or instead of even. Fkn Astros. 

I hope they go far this year, it's really surprising already having the best record in baseball other than the Braves. 

8 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

It's a good thing that they got Flaherty from the Cards but too bad they didn't get Verlander also, or instead of even. Fkn Astros. 

I hope they go far this year, it's really surprising already having the best record in baseball other than the Braves. 

Verlander had a full NTC.  I would be surprised if we didn't try to get him and offered even more than the Cheatstros but in the end he could always veto the trade

14 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Verlander had a full NTC.  I would be surprised if we didn't try to get him and offered even more than the Cheatstros but in the end he could always veto the trade

Honestly, I am glad that we didn't get Verlander even if he waived his NTC.  Giving up the farm for a 40-year-old pitcher on a 2-year deal is not worth it.  I know Verlander is a great pitcher, but imagine who would the Mets want in return. My guess is either Rodriguez, Kjeristad, or Holliday with another player(s) included.  

1 hour ago, Maxito said:

Honestly, I am glad that we didn't get Verlander even if he waived his NTC.  Giving up the farm for a 40-year-old pitcher on a 2-year deal is not worth it.  I know Verlander is a great pitcher, but imagine who would the Mets want in return. My guess is either Rodriguez, Kjeristad, or Holliday with another player(s) included.  

Considering the Astros gave up no one close to G-Rod or Holiday, there is zero chance that we even discussed. They didn't even give up someone as highly ranked at Kjeristad. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Considering the Astros gave up no one close to G-Rod or Holiday, there is zero chance that we even discussed. They didn't even give up someone as highly ranked at Kjeristad. 

That and I bet Verlander was expressing to the Mets where he wanted to go and that is where they dedicated their resources. 

The Tigers had a deal to send ERod that blew up on their faces because he pulled the plug at the last minute. 

I think grabbing someone with upside and pedigree like Flaherty was a solid move. Even if he isn’t your game 1 starter in the playoffs, he’s a reasonable option and you always need more pitching, especially now in the dog days. 

Buck got his ovation and tribute at the Yard last night. He deserved it. 

I’ll always love the way Buck turned things around in Baltimore. Just think how long the dark times of 1998-2010 were. It’s a generation of fans that got to watch Boston and NY treat Baltimore like their summer home. Our Orioles, some irrelevant stepping stone for the billionaire class of MLB. 

And I think Buck used that mentality to an advantage. When it’s knocking out the Red Sox in game 162 just 13 months later or sticking with Joe Sunders 12 months after that in the franchise’s first playoff game in 15 years. And for a lot of O’s fans - our only chance. Because they won all these 1 run games and were just “lucky” to be there. 

But so much of this franchises success came from having a skipper like Buck. A person who was prepared to a fault and always took the fall for his guys.

It’s a shame that he has to endure the expensive rot of the Mets right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, TheDoyler23 said:

Orioles CF today… Jorge Mateo. Ain’t that something?  

We were just talking about that.  When the lineup came out, I assumed it was a mistake but seems correct now.  I'm interested to see it though.  His speed should be a real asset out there.

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

We were just talking about that.  When the lineup came out, I assumed it was a mistake but seems correct now.  I'm interested to see it though.  His speed should be a real asset out there.

Partially due to the Hicks and Mullins injuries.  But I think this also this is writing on the wall that when they come back, he's getting sent down

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

The Mets are dead.

Both teams put in a Sunday lineup. Orioles played good defense and the Mets didn’t. 

Pen carried the day as well: 

Perez dealt out of a jam. 

Irvin looked great. He looked like the good version of Akin out there. 

Fuji looked dominant. 

Bautista gave up a double but dude started his swing so early it was more like a lucky guess. 

https://www.camdenchat.com/platform/amp/2023/8/7/23823441/orioles-masn-broadcasts-kevin-brown-suspended

Peope thought KB was just on vacation the past two weeks. Turns out he was suspended for… mentioning how bad the Rays have vested out birds in recent years. Really!

The ****? This is unacceptable for the Orioles to sideline someone for stating factual information about an opponent. 

I understand that the home team broadcasters should rep the club, but we don’t need state media. We don’t need Skintangibles level nonsense. Sheesh. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 2

This is utterly absurd.

Like the Orioles decided to just take a little dump on the season.
He didn't say anything wrong, they had a graphic with all of the info on it, he didn't crow, he built the game by mentioning they had a CHANCE to break a significant streak.

Boo on the Orioles.
Really. Brown's pretty good, too. He's grown on me.

~Bang

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1