Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

43 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Sounds about right.

I think Alex Smith was around that height too, but I wouldn't say he had a big arm w/ this regime since they only had access to the one-legged version.

Even before the injury Alex was the check down king here. He wasn’t pushing anything vertically. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Haskins was six foot three inches, two hundred and thirty, soft as the Stay Puff marshmallow man, pounds.

Wentz otoh is a legit six feet five inches, two hundred thirty five, solid as corded steel, pounds.

Haskins also only played 22 games in college, compared to wentz' 42.. not even to mention that Wentz completed a game in his senior year with a broken freakin' wrist. You wouldn't see Hask do that lol

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The fans will come to love him If Wentz helps produce wins here on a consistent basis.  I hope he's our guy for 10 years and we win a Lombardi or two with him.    

There is nobody more popular in the DMV than the QB of this team when the team is winning.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

The optimist in me has me thinking: we won seven games last year against the toughest SoS in the league, a bunch of injuries, with a freaking career UDFA XFL backup at QB. Now we get Wentz with a real arm that can utilize the speed we'll have. 

Eff it. 10-7 and a playoff birth. #commandercarson 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Worst case, Wentz is the same qb and is a bust here.

If he's the same QB, he won't be a bust here.

If for whatever reason, he doesn't mesh with this offense and regresses, he'd be a bust.  If this team had even so much as a 3 to 1 TD/INT ratio last season, with the TD's being high 20's, it was easily in the playoffs.  I know it's hard to grasp as it felt we were so far from that, but in reality this team really was a QB away from being a playoff team. 

That said, the fact of the matter is there is only but so far this thing can go even if it works out optimally.  Aaron stayed in GB, the Rams are being the Rams, Brady's back and Watson is very likely to land in the NFC.

But given how long it's been since we've been remotely decent, I'll take watching a competitive team that can score through the air.  I'd just like to be entertained by a legitimate NFL offense again.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The optimist in me has me thinking: we won seven games last year against the toughest SoS in the league, a bunch of injuries, with a freaking career UDFA XFL backup at QB. Now we get Wentz with a real arm that can utilize the speed we'll have. 

Eff it. 10-7 and a playoff birth. #commandercarson 

And definitely a much easier strength of schedule.

Truthfully, Rivera should be going for broke right now. Push money into the future… this is his window. Even just a deep playoff runs works.

He might not even get beyond this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

And definitely a much easier strength of schedule.

Truthfully, Rivera should be going for broke right now. Push money into the future… this is his window. Even just a deep playoff runs works.

He might not even get beyond this year.

The Rams are again ALL IN, Brady is back, Rodgers stayed in GB, Watson probably also heads to the NFC South.  I don’t see how you can say that’s Rivera’s window.

Rivera just needs to stay the course and simply make this team consistently competitive, and he’s safe.

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Rams are again ALL IN, Brady is back, Rodgers stayed in GB, Watson probably also heads to the NFC South.  I don’t see how you can say that’s Rivera’s window.

Rivera just needs to stay the course and simply make this team consistently competitive, and he’s safe.

I’m not talking about championships. 😂

Im taking about exactly what you’ve said. Consistently in playoffs… hopefully a couple of deep runs and maybe catch lightning in a bottle.

But it has to start this year. Not making the playoffs this year…. and there’s no guarantees he’s getting another shot.

So go for broke here, now. Upgrade this team as much as possible right now. Leverage against the future. Don’t leave any margin for error (injuries, etc). 

I want to see a guy with a sense of urgency now.

Ron’s said he’s got his guy. Let’s go. Don’t hedge.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Worst case, Wentz is the same qb and is a bust here. This blows up in Ron’s face and he’s given the boot.

Best case, 9-8/10-7 and a wild card berth and maybe the first playoff win since 2005.

My worst case is that Wentz doesn't improve enough to be the guy who can win championships.  And he does need to be better in order to have that happen.  He's the 23rd ranked QB when not under pressure.  That ain't good.  However, the bar around here is ridiculously low for QB play, and my greatest fear is Wentz just stays at his current level (which would be a fringe playoff team QB or maybe even a one win playoff game level QB) and then Ron commits to him fully and financially.  

If we want to be what Ron says he wants - a SB winning team - then we absolutely gotta hold Wentz and everyone else to an extremely high standard.  Not a standard that is just OK league-wise but looks super compared to what we've had here in this organization under Snyder, but to a championship standard.   If that doesn't happen over the next two seasons, we're gonna probably get stuck money-wise with a "franchise QB" that Ron has committed major dollars to who can't get us past the first or second round.  

Gotta give the new QB adequate time to raise his game (he is in a new place with new players and new offense after all) but the championship standard must be honored eventually.  

Edited by Redwards

3 minutes ago, Redwards said:

My worst case is that Wentz doesn't improve enough to be the guy who can win championships.  And he does need to be better in order to have that happen.  He's the 23rd ranked QB when not under pressure.  That ain't good.  However, the bar around here is ridiculously low for QB play, and my greatest fear is Wentz just stays at his current level (which would be a fringe playoff team QB or maybe even a one win playoff game level QB) and then Ron commits to him fully and financially.  

If we want to be what Ron says he wants - a SB winning team - then we absolutely gotta hold Wentz and everyone else to an extremely high standard.  Not a standard that is just OK league-wise but looks super compared to what we've had here in this organization under Snyder, but to a championship standard.   If that doesn't happen over the next two seasons, we're gonna probably get stuck money-wise with a "franchise QB" that Ron has committed major dollars to who can't get us past the first or second round.  

Gotta give the new QB adequate time to raise his game (he is in a new place with new players and new offense after all) but the championship standard must be honored eventually.  

Wentz is signed until 24. You don't have to give him a new contract until after the 23 season, if he's earned it.

1 hour ago, TK said:

Soft serve machine is still down though….

“Can I get a M&M McFlu…”

“…sorry the machines broke”

”Can I get a chocolate milksh…”

”sorry the machine is down” 

“Can I get a hit fudge sun…

”….we are out”  

😄

10 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Dead right. That’s been the surprising aspect for me in early FA. Unless we simply can’t attract top players, we’ve been non existent in the race to upgrade when I was expecting Rivera to go all in once Wentz was acquired.

12 hours ago, Die Hard said:

But isn't it nice we have a leader who is acting in what he believes to be the long term best interest of the franchise, instead of acting out of self preservation? 

There are plenty of NFL people who feel if they're on a short leash, they would push money in the future and trade future picks to win now just to save their job. 

I'm not saying every move Rivera has made is perfect, but I do believe he is trying to build a winner for the long haul. I appreciate that.

I also believe that by the time September rolls around, the roster will look much better than it does today.  The flowers/norwell development is a perfect example.  Flowers is cut, and we temporarily have a gaping hole at LG, and people fear we are getting worse.  But what does Rivera do: replaces him with a similar player at a fraction of the cost.   I am confident we will have a new MLB, we will have a new #2/3 WR, and we will share up our depth by opening day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

But isn't it nice we have a leader who is acting in what he believes to be the long term best interest of the franchise, instead of acting out of self preservation? 

Im more patient than most. I’ve said months ago that if RR didn’t get his guy, he should punt until next year (not draft a QB this year). 

But he traded for Wentz for 2 thirds. It reads like he’s a stop gap. But he’s Rivera’s guy. 

RR backed himself into a corner with all the franchise QB talk the past 2 years. Now he has one… and he has to deliver because of it. Because he wanted a vet QB… so speed the curve.

So now he has to deliver. Because if they miss the playoffs this year… it will be perceived that he’s unable to identify a franchise QB or able to maximize one.

In the same manner of his MLB quandary. And it’s held this team back.

So given that context, RR should be more aggressive in his roster building this year. 

Why get your QB… and then not maximize the roster when you do?