Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

This vaguely reads like they are maybe giving themselves a potential way to step back from this dirty bomb narrative.  "Oh Ukraine stopped bc we called them on it and the IAEA started checking so the Ukranian nazis got scared."

Knock on wood we'll see.

Grom exercises starting now for next few days as Steadfast Noon finishes up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Okay, then I'll ask.  Same question. 

3 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I said what I said in plain English.  No further explanation is needed.

Actually, shortly after he responded to a request for more information with a personal attack, someone else, @CousinsCowgirl84 , actually answered my question, by posting more information. 

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

Actually, shortly after he responded to a request for more information with a personal attack, someone else, @CousinsCowgirl84 , actually answered my question, by posting more information. 

Yea, I was just seeing if he was actually brave enough to attempt to back up and defend his statements.  I'm not surprised by the outcome.

• Haha 1

In the letter they stated that they don't want a prolonged war going on between Ukraine and Russia and they don't want it to escalate.

Do they realize this is a war that has gone on for 8 years already and it was escalated this year by Russia? Yeah, it could go further. Nobody wants that. But you do not become weak and you continue the support for Ukraine. Especially being on we don't have troops on the ground. If we can really hurt Russia without sending our own, then thats a win for not only Ukraine, but the United States as well. 

This has always been my problem with the left. Time and time again they come out as weak.

19 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

In the letter they stated that they don't want a prolonged war going on between Ukraine and Russia and they don't want it to escalate.

Do they realize this is a war that has gone on for 8 years already and it was escalated this year by Russia? Yeah, it could go further. Nobody wants that. But you do not become weak and you continue the support for Ukraine. Especially being on we don't have troops on the ground. If we can really hurt Russia without sending our own, then thats a win for not only Ukraine, but the United States as well. 

This has always been my problem with the left. Time and time again they come out as weak.

This is beyond party lines. You have people on the right and left coming out weak.

4 minutes ago, Xameil said:

This is beyond party lines. You have people on the right and left coming out weak.

Oh, I agree. Just the last I heard, the left still wanted to support Ukraine. I thought it was mainly Repubs that wanted out. 

That letter doesn't say they want out or not wanting to support Ukraine, but I do think it comes off as weak. 

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Oh, I agree. Just the last I heard, the left still wanted to support Ukraine. I thought it was mainly Repubs that wanted out. 

That letter doesn't say they want out or not wanting to support Ukraine, but I do think it comes off as weak. 

I dont think its all Repubs that want out. Just like its not all Dems that want to support them.

I could be wrong but it seems its the extremes that want out.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Xameil said:

I dont think its all Repubs that want out. Just like its not all Dems that want to support them.

I could be wrong but it seems its the extremes that want out.

That makes sense. I haven’t followed the Ukraine stuff for a couple of months, so I don’t have all the pertinent information about the leanings of our politicians.

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Actuall that is not the case. I posted an update to than CNN news story. One ”progressive” democrat went rogue and released an old letter that was shelved.

So what you are saying is that those people truely changed their mind?

Or is it more of changed their mind because of the backlash. You know damn well if it was received favorably they would be standing behind it.

Edited by Xameil

3 minutes ago, Xameil said:

So what you are saying is that those people truely changed their mind?

Or is it more of changed their mind because of the backlash. You know damn well if it was received favorably theynwould be atanding behind it.

They wrote the letter in July but never delivered it. They wrote it, thouht about it, then decided against sending it to Biden. Then in October, one democrat without consulting anyone else, went rogue and released the letter, and CNN picked it up as a new letter, then after the other people had a chance to weigh in, they said the situation is different now and they wouldn’t support the letter now.

The backlash came from the original signers of the letter for releasing something they opted it to release and don’t agree with now.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

They wrote the letter in July but never delivered it. They wrote it, thouht about it, then decided against sending it to Biden. Then in October, one democrat without consulting anyone else, went rogue and released the letter, and CNN picked it up as a new letter, then after the other people had a chance to weigh in, they said the situation is different now and they wouldn’t support the letter now.

The backlash came from the original signers of the letter for releasing something they opted it to release and don’t agree with now.

Sorry, I dont buy that. But to each their own.

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It was what was reported 🤷‍♀️

And that makes it true...got it.

Im cynical...I think they meant it, got **** for it and changed their tune. If someone praised them for it, they'd never have back tracked.