Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

6 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Pretty much, but they really don’t have any other choice if they want to continue the war.

I mean if they are having their guys dig trenches in a radioactive waste line, what’s the difference? 

if I’m choosing between the incompetence of a radioactive death and the incompetence of being untrained and shot in the head, I know what I’m choosing.

also if anyone seriously posts the why not both girl…. 

I have a hard time believing that the majority of people in Russia support what is going on. I feel sorry for them.  They are being led by someone who cares nothing about them. Say what you want about Joe, but at least he is a leader that care about his people. It seems like that is relatively rare in the world. It’s something we take for granted, but shouldn’t. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I mean if they are having their guys dig trenches in a radioactive waste line, what’s the difference? 

if I’m choosing between the incompetence of a radioactive death and the incompetence of being untrained and shot in the head, I know what I’m choosing.

also if anyone seriously posts the why not both girl…. 

I have a hard time believing that the majority of people in Russia support what is going on. I feel sorry for them.  They are being led by someone who cares nothing about them. Say what you want about Joe, but at least he is a leader that care about his people. It seems like that is relatively rare in the world. It’s something we take for granted, but shouldn’t. 

Maybe the young don't support it but I think the middle age and older folks are in support it. Believing the propaganda. Mother Russia is supreme to them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Yea, but it just doesn’t make any sense. No one is making money and there is no just cause.

I think it’s a lot like North Korea. Years of conditioning forces them to believe their leader and country can do no wrong. They believe in their state like it’s a religion, and the war must be just if their state says it is just. 

German Intelligence Intercepts Radio Traffic Discussing the Murder of Civilians

The images of the murdered civilians in Bucha shocked the world. DER SPIEGEL has learned that German intelligence intercepted radio traffic from suspected perpetrators. It appears that such atrocities were part of the strategy of Putin's army.

The Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND), Germany’s foreign intelligence service, has acquired gruesome new insights into the atrocities committed by Russian military forces. DER SPIEGEL has learned that the BND has new satellite images and has intercepted incriminating radio traffic from Russian military personnel in the region north of Kyiv, where Bucha is located. Some of the intercepted radio traffic might be linked to dead bodies that have been photographed in Bucha...............................

Edited by FrFan

Who would have thought that leading a parade to express support for the Russian invasion and genocide of a European country, in Germany, would be bad for your business?  

I think it says something about just how far the extreme Right is divorced from reality, that these people are actually surprised that people disagree with them. 

Edited by Larry
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, RansomthePasserby said:

I think it’s a lot like North Korea. Years of conditioning forces them to believe their leader and country can do no wrong. They believe in their state like it’s a religion, and the war must be just if their state says it is just. 

Or the Gop and their worship of Donald Trump. You don’t have to look at Russia or North Korea for behavior like that.

Russia right now is going through the same type of social turmoil we experienced in the 60s w/ Vietnam. The vast majority of America was pro war/ pro establishment/ pro howdareyoudisagree! and the hippies and yippies and disaffected white kids from the suburbs coalesced around the FU side of things and paid the price for it. Kids got the same kind of loopy responses from their parents when they tried to explain their views, and the govt staged many astroturfed rallies to give the appearance of support. The Chicago police riot, Kent State, civil rights activists, demonizing the Panthers, etc., all of it was a concerted campaign to crush opposition to the government, no matter what they did.

I expect it to play out much the same way but it takes time and sacrifice, and the world needs to be supporting opposition voices in Russia. This is part of larger historical currents, and it gets worse before it even considers getting better.

• Like 1