Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

34 minutes ago, China said:

20 Days in Mariupol: The Team that Documented City's Agony

The Russians were hunting us down. They had a list of names, including ours, and they were closing in.

We were the only international journalists left in the Ukrainian city, and we had been documenting its siege by Russian troops for more than two weeks. We were reporting inside the hospital when gunmen began stalking the corridors. Surgeons gave us white scrubs to wear as camouflage.

Suddenly at dawn, a dozen soldiers burst in: “Where are the journalists, for ****’s sake?”

I looked at their armbands, blue for Ukraine, and tried to calculate the odds that they were Russians in disguise. I stepped forward to identify myself. “We’re here to get you out,” they said.

The walls of the surgery shook from artillery and machine gun fire outside, and it seemed safer to stay inside. But the Ukrainian soldiers were under orders to take us with them.

Mstyslav Chernov is a video journalist for The Associated Press. This is his account of the siege of Mariupol, as documented with photographer Evgeniy Maloletka and told to correspondent Lori Hinnant.

Click on the link for the full story

This is an excellent read. If anyone skipped going to full thing, go back and read it. 

• Like 3

To bad the Ukrainians don’t have the capabilities to strike back at Russia proper itself. For all the destruction Putin is doing to Ukraine; Russia should suffer the same amount of destruction and loss of life. Yes, that would unite Russians to Putin; but other than troops,Russia isn’t losing much.

28 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

That's propaganda by a BJP supporting asshole - they're pro-Russian/Hindu nationalists

Yes, but I found it funny in a twisted way, the way he keeps repeating the same schtick about “Americans making all the money”.  Like it was some sort of a parody. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

To bad the Ukrainians don’t have the capabilities to strike back at Russia proper itself. For all the destruction Putin is doing to Ukraine; Russia should suffer the same amount of destruction and loss of life. Yes, that would unite Russians to Putin; but other than troops,Russia isn’t losing much.

If the Russians use chemical or nuclear weapons on the Ukrainians, I'd hope Biden and NATO would have the cojones to provide them with cruise missiles capable of hitting Russia proper. Ukraine had almost completed one of their own so if we can't provide them with ours, it might be as simple as figuring out how to manufacture the Ukrainian designed cruise missiles and getting them in theater.

1 hour ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Yes, but I found it funny in a twisted way, the way he keeps repeating the same schtick about “Americans making all the money”.  Like it was some sort of a parody. 

He didn't say how much money either....just speaking in vague details like the Canadians asking for 'internet money' from South Park :ols: 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I didn't know how much money we were making from this 
<<garbage from racist ulra-nationalist sack of diarrhea>>

this site needs a "barf" emoji reaction... and that sack of **** needs a kick in the face.  

15 hours ago, visionary said:

this isn't someone being stupid... this is someone being evil and CONTINUING to try to **** the Ukrainians in the ass to cling to the pathetic Trump defense against his impeachable offenses.     

• Like 3