Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trucker Protests in Ottawa and Elsewhere

China

11 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Can someone remind me what Republicans (and their President) were saying about the occupation of Portland last year?

Wasnt the POTUS sending military into ‘blue states’ to deal with protesters, without being prompted by state governors, to quell civil unrest?

And Jan.,6th was political discourse.

Im not sure I understand their messaging.

They’ve done a complete 180 on it.

I haven’t.  I think protesting has to be balanced with residents right to live in peace.  I think both groups wildly overstayed their welcome and at that point, which is admittedly a moving target, the cops should drag them away.  

It’s one thing to march around, it’s another to refuse to leave for weeks.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Destino said:

It’s one thing to march around, it’s another to refuse to leave for weeks. 

In Ottawa, it was much more than refusing to leave.

The truck blockade prevented public transportation from functioning. People that needed to go to work, couldn’t. And the businesses in the downtown core were shuttered in… because employees and customers couldn’t access them. 

The federal government has just pledged another $20 million to all the businesses affected. I’m not sure what the first round of compensation was.

This is in addition to all the other stuff. 

But you can’t just shut down a city and think the government is not going to crack down. The citizens of Ottawa were innocent bystanders being severely punished unnecessarily. 

That’s not a protest…. that’s a siege.

And the irony in all of it… is that the most of the mandates they’re opposing are at the provincial level of government. And most of the COVID mandates are gone… and the rest will be gone in the next few weeks… which had been planned since January.

Except the truckers vaccine mandate. And yet the US has the same policy…. which meant that even if Trudeau lifted the mandate…. It wouldn’t have changed anything because they still wouldn’t be able to cross.

None of makes sense logically. 

This is just misplaced anger.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

It’s crazy to me how these American problems spread like this. 

Interwebs.

And American media is more prevalent in Canada than Canadian news. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Fox News Contributor Admits to Creating Fake Story About Canadian Woman Being ‘Trampled’ to Death

Fox News contributor Sara Carter has walked back her entirely fictitious claim about a woman dying after being trampled by a Canadian authority on horseback amid ongoing trucker-led protests.

While the claim wasn’t accurate, the tweet was red-meat for her over 1.3 million conservative Twitter followers, who quickly amplified the baseless death as evidence of Canadian government wrongdoing.

“Reports are the woman trampled by a Canadian horse patrol just died at the hospital ... #Trudeau #FreedomConvoyCanada,” Carter tweeted Friday evening.

Shortly thereafter, conservatives picked up and amplified the tweet, including former Fox Nation hosts Diamond and Silk and Republican Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX).

On Saturday morning, attempting to do clean-up, the Fox News contributor admitted her reporting was false.

“The Reports I was given earlier yesterday from sources on the ground that someone may have died at a hospital during the trampling was wrong,” she tweeted.

Click on the link for the full article

WASHINGTON (7News) — A Scranton, Pennsylvania trucking business owner plans to block the D.C. beltway on Wednesday afternoon to protest federal COVID-19 mandates, inflation, and illegal immigration.”

”"Ultimately, it may be the whole Beltway that's blocked down," Bob Bolus told 7News Monday. "We're making a statement for you people”

more at links…. 

https://wset.com/newsletter-daily/pennsylvania-trucking-business-owner-planning-to-block-dc-beltway-on-wednesday-afternoon

A group from Scranton, Pa is expected to come into town Wednesday afternoon. Their goal: create gridlock on an already bumper-to-bumper Beltway.”

https://wjla.com/news/local/truck-convoys-dc-beltway-gridlock-scranton-pennsylvania-bob-bolus-us-capitol-fencing-homeland-security-police-state-of-the-union-joe-biden-covid-19-mandates-vaccinations-national-guard-fbi

Edited by stoshuaj

4 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

What pandemic restrictions???

It’s been clear for more than a year that these idiots would eventually declare victory when the pandemic ended.  They’ll act like they defeated the restrictions, maybe even the pandemic itself, and sincerely believe it.

11 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

WASHINGTON (7News) — A Scranton, Pennsylvania trucking business owner plans to block the D.C. beltway on Wednesday afternoon to protest federal COVID-19 mandates, inflation, and illegal immigration.”

”"Ultimately, it may be the whole Beltway that's blocked down," Bob Bolus told 7News Monday. "We're making a statement for you people”

more at links…. 

https://wset.com/newsletter-daily/pennsylvania-trucking-business-owner-planning-to-block-dc-beltway-on-wednesday-afternoon

A group from Scranton, Pa is expected to come into town Wednesday afternoon. Their goal: create gridlock on an already bumper-to-bumper Beltway.”

https://wjla.com/news/local/truck-convoys-dc-beltway-gridlock-scranton-pennsylvania-bob-bolus-us-capitol-fencing-homeland-security-police-state-of-the-union-joe-biden-covid-19-mandates-vaccinations-national-guard-fbi

Sounds like it’s going well.  BTW, this BoB Bolus sap went to jail for insurance fraud about a decade ago.

• Haha 8

I believe the last time they tried this it also fizzled out. Trucks sitting idly in a protest aren't making any money. 
In the WTOP story i read this morning this Bolus guy says it's not a protest to inconvenience, he said (paraphrasing) this is to "choke DC like a boa", to punish the residents for how they voted. Frankly, i think that takes it way beyond peaceful assembly or protest.

~Bang

It would be great if a few trucks joined the "convoy" with signs like "BLM," "Trump Lost," "Get Vaxxed." 

Muddle up their message even more than it's already muddled. Rotate trucks/messages in without actually causing any traffic disruption.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

It would be great if a few trucks joined the "convoy" with signs like "BLM," "Trump Lost," "Get Vaxxed." 

Muddle up their message even more than it's already muddled. Rotate trucks/messages in without actually causing any traffic disruption.

the trucks are really just projector screens. Get some projectors and project the signs on to the trucks…

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bang said:

I believe the last time they tried this it also fizzled out. Trucks sitting idly in a protest aren't making any money. 
In the WTOP story i read this morning this Bolus guy says it's not a protest to inconvenience, he said (paraphrasing) this is to "choke DC like a boa", to punish the residents for how they voted. Frankly, i think that takes it way beyond peaceful assembly or protest.

~Bang

The idiot does know DC has no congressman that can vote? He's going to have to choke all the Dem congressional districts and all the states with Dem Senators; don't think they are that many trucks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

CIIVNTHI7AI6VP2EBUY4QWBYUU.jpg&w=1440

• Like 1
  • Haha 1