Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glenn Youngkin and friends.

Cooked Crack

Vestboy acting like Lil D

Republican Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin sends 100 National Guard soldiers to US-Mexican border

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Virginia's Glenn Youngkin is joining the list of Republican governors sending soldiers or other state law enforcement officers to the U.S. border with Mexico.

Youngkin announced Wednesday that in response to a request from Texas Gov. Greg Abbott he had signed an executive order directing the deployment of 100 Virginia National Guard soldiers and 21 support personnel.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republican-virginia-gov-glenn-youngkin-172409101.html

• Haha 2

New poll says Virginians' approval of Gov. Youngkin down, concern for the nation up

SALEM, Va. (WSET) — A new poll conducted by Roanoke College's Institute for Policy and Opinion Research is highlighting growing concern over the state of Virginia and the nation in 2023.

IPOR interviewed 678 adult residents of Virginia between May 14 and May 23, in a survey addressing topics including approval for Gov. Glenn Youngkin and other political figures, the 2024 Republican presidential nomination field, a potential 2024 presidential election matchup, and attitudes related to national political anxiety. The survey has a margin of error of 4.43%.

According to the poll, Gov. Youngkin’s approval rating is down six points from February, with 51% of Virginians reporting that they approve of the way he is handling his job as governor (from 57% in February).

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Some of the comments in that are amazing, Republicans really are ****ing morons. They seriously cannot connect the dots between the message being portrayed by Youngkin and the fact that he rolled back protections when the air quality is code red. Their main point is "It was arson, what does that have to do with emissions". Look outside, you idiots.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Virginia primary elections are THIS Tuesday. Go vote!  

If you are in or around Fredricksburg, please consider voting for my friend Ben Litchfield for state senate. 

https://bluevirginia.us/2023/05/sd27-democratic-candidate-ben-litchfields-responses-to-blue-virginias-candidate-questionnaire

In Fairfax County there has been a lot of GOP money going in to support the opponent of the current Commonwealth Attorney. It’s been a big effort to make FFX seem like a hot bed of crime (spoiler: it’s not).

• 3 weeks later...

Wait, did she say "diverse workforce"? She better check with sweatervest before using that phrase... 🤣

Maryland governor says Youngkin doesn’t support the FBI as states vie for new building

A competition between Virginia and Maryland to house the new FBI headquarters heated up this week with Maryland Gov. Wes Moore slamming Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s prior criticism of the agency.

“I’m the only chief executive of the two states that actually says, ‘I believe in the mission of the FBI and I don’t believe it should be defunded,’” he said during an interview with WTOP radio. “If I’m incorrect, I know Gov. Youngkin will correct me and he will come out publicly and vocally say, ‘I believe in the mission of the FBI, I believe the FBI should be funded, and I believe that the attacks on the FBI are unfair.’”

Many Republicans legislators — including Youngkin — took aim at the FBI last year after the agency executed a search warrant at former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. Some Republicans in Congress have since called for the FBI to be defunded.

“I think that should matter and I think it does matter,” said Moore, a Democrat.

Youngkin spokesperson Macaulay Porter dismissed Moore’s remarks as a “partisan attack.”

“Virginia is well-positioned to support the FBI headquarters with a diverse workforce, extensive transportation network and close proximity to public and private sector partners,” she wrote in a Monday email. “Virginia’s competitive advantage is clear.”

https://richmond.com/news/state-regional/government-politics/wes-moore-glenn-youngkin-fbi/article_7944fa80-1b4d-11ee-a7f5-df3582dfba1d.html

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Youngkin spokesperson Macaulay Porter dismissed Moore’s remarks as a “partisan attack.”

Simply saying something is a “partisan attack” doesn’t make it not true or not relevant. 

Of course, notably absent from the response is any mention that Youngkin does, in fact, support the mission of the FBI. 

• Like 2

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Simply saying something is a “partisan attack” doesn’t make it not true or not relevant. 

Of course, notably absent from the response is any mention that Youngkin does, in fact, support the mission of the FBI. 

Yeah, there's a reason it was worded that way.  Attempt to say "Nuh-uh!" without actually saying it and pissing off Trumpies that hate the FBI for enforcing the law against their god.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

It’s a reason why I think it’s naive to believe that VA isn’t a battleground state in 2024.

He slipped in under the guise of a moderate. Don't forget, we were one of the first elections after 2020. If we were on 2020 or after, it would've been a cake walk.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

He slipped in under the guise of a moderate. Don't forget, we were one of the first elections after 2020. If we were on 2020 or after, it would've been a cake walk.

Pretty much this.  The problem isn't that people like his platform, it's that too many people were too stupid see him for what he was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Pretty much this.  The problem isn't that people like his platform, it's that too many people were too stupid see him for what he was.

AKA voters are either "too stupid" or "too indifferent".  

Remember this?  On the subject of abortion...He acted like a moderate when he was obviously not that at any time.  "When I’m governor and I have a majority in the House we can start going on offense. But as a campaign topic, sadly, that in fact won’t win my independent votes that I have to get,” he said. 

Youngkin says in video he can’t discuss abortion for fear of losing independent votes | The Hill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Per some news source his approval rating is at 57-32....  so odd..

(I think that Morning Consult)

His approval among Democrats was 34 percent which seems pretty high too.  The news article described it as "polarizing"... I would say it is fantastic to have opposing voter approval at that rate.

Edited by Fergasun
Added more info