Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

13 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I was thinking more along the lines of about $25 mill on average a year.  The guaranteed money is the big deal though.  

Yea, you can slice it up a bunch of different ways to show a high average yearly but an actual lower yearly cap hit.  We'll see

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Wonder if Ron and Rogers (Commanders Gap Guru) are having discussion right now on this as the price tag continue to climb via Adam's new deal.  Best to lock in your franchise players at their respected positions sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yea, you can slice it up a bunch of different ways to show a high average yearly but an actual lower yearly cap hit.  We'll see

See my last post. :)  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I've had to tell people this rule a zillion times. Its amazing how so many of our fans just have no idea about some of the rules.

I have comp pick rules and projections along with pre / post june 1st explanation links bookmarked and generally post them at least once every year.   

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

Terry deserves to get paid and he will, but does anyone sees him as DeVante Adams? 

They should. DeVante is great but Packers receivers have a history of leaving their HoF quarterbacks and flaming out on other teams. Meanwhile, Terry is an absolute legend at making something out of nothing. I wouldn't value them all that differently. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I've had to tell people this rule a zillion times. Its amazing how so many of our fans just have no idea about some of the rules.

lol, I know it’s amazing how many people have dropped off and have no time to remember the subtleties of the game and forget the entirely complex rules. Unfortunate how obnoxious people have to be to remind them they should support this **** show. Sorry I forgot the FA rules.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Birdlives said:

lol, I know it’s amazing how many people have dropped off and have no time to remember the subtleties of the game and forget the entirely complex rules. Unfortunate how obnoxious people have to be to remind them they should support this **** show. Sorry I forgot the FA rules.

Great avatar.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

They should. DeVante is great but Packers receivers have a history of leaving their HoF quarterbacks and flaming out on other teams. Meanwhile, Terry is an absolute legend at making something out of nothing. I wouldn't value them all that differently. 

Exactly. What numbers is he putting up with Keenum, Haskins and Heinicke throwing him the rock? And would he smile and get better and work harder despite all of that?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Terry McLaurin just had a "no touch", spontaneous, full body tantric orgasm after seeing those numbers.

OK. I will be the guy in the minority. Terry is a beast. He isnt worth 22.5 per year. He just isnt. Flame me. Do whatever. But he isnt. That is THREE good starters on offense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

OK. I will be the guy in the minority. Terry is a beast. He isnt worth 22.5 per year. He just isnt. Flame me. Do whatever. But he isnt. That is THREE good starters on offense.

Its not what a player is worth but what the market dictates and what teams are willing to pay. However I think the market will get him around 20-25 mil. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

you shall be mercillessly chided by your peers until your helpless groveling wears on you enough for you admit your pathetic shortcomings and vow to remain silent for six moons in repentance

• Haha 9

25 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

There's nothing wrong with not knowing all the rules, but when you trash the organization for not doing something that's literally impossible, you should expect to get some attitude in return. 😉

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

Its not what a player is worth but what the market dictates and what teams are willing to pay. However I think the market will get him around 20-25 mil. 

Thats fine. The market can say whatever it wants. IF terry can get that kind of money you have to let him go. One thing I will add to this is the Carson Wentz trade doesnt look so ridiculous right now. When your WR is trying to get paid more than your QB the league is out of control.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Easily and it's closer to $25 mill a year.  The market for players at their position continues to set itself year end and year out.  There is only so much revenue that the NFL can build upon before it goes bankrupt.  

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

you shall be mercillessly chided by your peers until your helpless groveling wears on you enough for you admit your pathetic shortcomings and vow to remain silent for six moons in repentance

my humility knows no bounds in the light of your grace, I will offer my first newborn in a fortnight under a new moon; unless Leo is rising; in which case I’ll be sure to dance naked under the light of a waxing moon.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Thats fine. The market can say whatever it wants. IF terry can get that kind of money you have to let him go. One thing I will add to this is the Carson Wentz trade doesnt look so ridiculous right now. When your WR is trying to get paid more than your QB the league is out of control.

I don't think anyone position if trying to get paid more than the other; it;s all the positions and their average pay per year will continue to grow and the market will reset itself every year.  See my previous post.

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

I don't think anyone position if trying to get paid more than the other; it;s all the positions and their average pay per year will continue to grow and the market will reset itself every year.  See my previous post.

Nice. I am still not paying a WR anywhere close to what my QB is making. GB made a great decision to let him go. Adams is a beast. But he still wont touch the ball more than 12-15 times a game EVER. He isnt worth that kind of money. He just isnt

• Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Nice. I am still not paying a WR anywhere close to what my QB is making. GB made a great decision to let him go. Adams is a beast. But he still wont touch the ball more than 12-15 times a game EVER. He isnt worth that kind of money. He just isnt

That’s all good & well, but Wentz is almost a unicorn regarding his salary.  If he flops, and we have to draft a QB, just be aware that franchise QB salaries will get into the $40 million+ range on average in a a year or two.  Even middle of the pack QB’s will be getting $30 million+ going forward.  As for WR’s, their salaries will be going up as well, since the salary cap continues to increase.  The top line WR’s will be making Christian Kirk salary on average, and likely higher before long.

This team already has the reputation of letting its stars walk (Cousins, Williams, Scherff), etc.  Do you really want to let the only fan favorite on offense we’ve had walk through the door?  T-Mac is practically the face of the franchise, and the only player next to Jonathan Allen that’s marketable and backs up his performance each Sunday.  What kind of message would it send if we let ANOTHER fan favorite walk out the door?  Besides, we’re not paying anyone else major money at the moment.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, samy316 said:

and we have to draft a QB

But isnt that what makes this deal decent though? We have him locked up for 3 years at a fair price. 

11 minutes ago, smooth said:

other than wentz

I mean. Does any other position mean more? I am not trying to say Wentz is the answer. Because we have no clue if he is. But we have him on a team friendly deal for 3 years. And if he flops. Next year QB draft market is great. I dont really see a loss here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

But isnt that what makes this deal decent though? We have him locked up for 3 years at a fair price. 

Yes, but that goes back to my main point of who are we paying at the current moment?  We can afford to throw the bag at T-Mac, and not kill our cap.  Who else are we paying/going to pay?  Sweat is due an extension after next season, and Young the season after that.  Since we have Wentz at a very reasonable number, what’s the hesitation in paying our home grown players?  We’re going to have to pay our own at some point.  I can’t think of a more worthy person to reward than T-Mac.

Let me reiterate, we’re not Green Bay or Kansas City with a QB making $50+ million, and maneuvering the cap for the rest of the roster.  We’re in relatively good shape.  Green Bay and Kansas City will start to feel the pinch of paying all that money to one player in the next few seasons.  We don’t have that problem yet.  So there should be no hesitation to pay at least market share or higher for our home grown players.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I mean. Does any other position mean more? I am not trying to say Wentz is the answer. Because we have no clue if he is. But we have him on a team friendly deal for 3 years. And if he flops. Next year QB draft market is great. I dont really see a loss here.

RR made it clear today that he wouldn't rule out drafting a QB.  Who do you think it will be as I think they will take one.  I think that guy may be Ridder in the 2nd but I see them trading down in the 1st too if they can.  I have my Wishlist in my signature but that is my guess.  Who do you think it is, cls?  

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

We're going to pay Terry $25M/year and we're going to like it.

At this point in time, I think they will as well but there has been a problem brewing as clskinsfan has pointed out and I have as well per previous posts. 

Edited by RWJ

4 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Yes, but that goes back to my main point of who are we paying at the current moment?  We can afford to throw the bag at T-Mac, and not kill our cap.  Who else are we paying/going to pay?  Sweat is due an extension after next season, and Young the season after that.  Since we have Wentz at a very reasonable number, what’s the hesitation in paying our home grown players?  We’re going to have to pay our own at some point.  I can’t think of a more worthy person to reward than T-Mac.

Is he really worth throwing the bag at though? Terry is special. But he is nowhere close to Adams special. He just isnt. He is not a generational talent at WR. He is very good. But not elite. At least IMO. 

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

RR made it clear today that he wouldn't rule out drafting a QB.  Who do you think it will be as I think they will take one.  I think that guy may be Ridder in the 2nd round.  I have my Wishlist in my signature but that is my guess.  Who do you think it is, cls?  

Ridder/Strong would be my guess. Actually Strong is a great fit behind Wentz. Very similar players. 

• Like 2