Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

14 minutes ago, justice98 said:

But I bet nobody wants to be first.  

That would be a safe bet.

But with the reports from Schefty that these guys want a new deal b4 OTAs, players can't exactly wait around until after OTAs for the other guys to sign if you want to meet that goal.

Combine that with reports that the team has yet to put a contract offer on the table, and its difficult to think that Terry waiting out the other guys to get a bigger deal is the leading factor here in why he does not have an extension. Seems like an org driven thing to wait. 

55 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, apparently Deebo Samuel has indeed asked the 49ers to trade him. 

what would you guys be comfortable with the team giving up to acquire him? Or would it not be doable? 

Unless it was a situation of Terry negotiations taking a turn for the worse, I'm not sure why you'd bother.  

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Deebo is a talent but he probably won't be as productive on another team. That 9er system really pushed his #s. You have to really build your scheme around him.

I'd rather pay our own guy.

Unusual  situation really, he was on pace to get 1700-2000 receiving yards before they turned him into a more hybrid role and enhanced his use in the run game. He’s was still very productive but that shift of focus to him in the running game isn’t what he wants apparently.

You can’t blame him, he’s going to get banged up earlier with that approach and he is looking at what some of these more pure receivers are getting in contract money.

• Like 3

If the plan is to keep Terry and pick up another WR early in the draft, then we don't need to give up assets for Deebo. Bringing him in would also greatly harm any chance at R.O.I. on Samuel, as his value is to be utilized in many of the same ways that Deebo has proved effective.

I'm more concerned that a WR that is up for extension demanding a trade, when we have our own guy, who apparently wants a deal b4 OTAs, in a similar boat. Choppy waters.

Terry has been a standup guy throughout but at some point, you gotta get your money.

25 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Pure speculation, Niners are going to be shocked what Samuels market—2nd and 5th pick is my guess.  Might end up being a player swap. 

I think they get #10 for Deebo.  

5 hours ago, wit33 said:

Pure speculation, Niners are going to be shocked what Samuels market—2nd and 5th pick is my guess.  Might end up being a player swap. 

The Chiefs have 12 picks this year, including two 2s.  It makes way too much sense for them to be trade partners even if the intent is to let him hit FA after a year.

Eagles radio this morning says they do not want Samuels but they are fearful that their GM Howie Roseman may try to get him.

They have plenty of draft picks.  The Philly Inquirer Eagles reporter says Samuels contract demands are so high that its not worth doing a deal.

He also said that with Jalen Hurtz at quarterback his talents would be wasted right now.  If am Samuels, I would want to go to a playoff team.

This same reporter said the Dolphins and Raiders will long term down the line regret signing expensive receivers.  He claims teams should only

pay big bucks for the quarterback position.

26 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Eagles radio this morning says they do not want Samuels but they are fearful that their GM Howie Roseman may try to get him.

They have plenty of draft picks.  The Philly Inquirer Eagles reporter says Samuels contract demands are so high that its not worth doing a deal.

He also said that with Jalen Hurtz at quarterback his talents would be wasted right now.  If am Samuels, I would want to go to a playoff team.

This same reporter said the Dolphins and Raiders will long term down the line regret signing expensive receivers.  He claims teams should only

pay big bucks for the quarterback position.

Im leaning towards treating the WR similarly to the change in RBs value years ago. Not to that extreme, but see potential value in recycling these guys out. 

Im good with paying Terry and keeping him around for next 3 seasons at big money with his final rookie contract season making his overall 3 year average much more palpable. Then it will be time to I get value for him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

The Chiefs have 12 picks this year, including two 2s.  It makes way too much sense for them to be trade partners even if the intent is to let him hit FA after a year.

Don’t see them paying Samuel 25 plus million if they decided not to meet Hills 30 mil per season demands. Makes too much sense for them to draft elite talent/cheap while they transition to paying their QB 15-20% of the cap. 

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

I think they get #10 for Deebo.  

I’d be shocked, but who knows. Contract, scheme contributing to success, and battles injuries consistently are legit negatives. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

Don’t see them paying Samuel 25 plus million if they decided not to meet Hills 30 mil per season demands. Makes too much sense for them to draft elite talent/cheap while they transition to paying their QB 15-20% of the cap. 

I’d be shocked, but who knows. Contract, scheme contributing to success, and battles injuries consistently are legit negatives. 

That’s why I said let him walk after this year.  KC is in a win now mode.  Samuel would be amazing in Reid’s offense.  If he doesn’t want to play without signing an extension, then KC keeps him from going to another team.  If Deebo plays he could have a wonderful year going into FA.  I think sacrificing a 2nd rounder would be worth it to KC.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ball Security said:

That’s why I said let him walk after this year.  KC is in a win now mode.  Samuel would be amazing in Reid’s offense.  If he doesn’t want to play without signing an extension, then KC keeps him from going to another team.  If Deebo plays he could have a wonderful year going into FA.  I think sacrificing a 2nd rounder would be worth it to KC.

I suspect there’s no way he’s stepping on a field without securing 45-60mil guaranteed. The time is now to leverage his historic season. 

That would be amazing for Chiefs though. 

2 hours ago, wit33 said:

I suspect there’s no way he’s stepping on a field without securing 45-60mil guaranteed. The time is now to leverage his historic season. 

I agree.

If he was willing to play for a good team w/o the guarantees a new contract brings he probably would not be asking for a trade in the first place.

He is not looking for a new destination, so much as whoever will give him his G money and the long term security it brings right now. He probably has the feeling that SF won't make that happen, at least at this moment, so he is gonna try and find someone who will.

There are several teams who would love to bring a guy like him in as a rental, but he would be silly to risk injury when he is so well set up to get that fat new contract already.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Great quote from MJD.  "Were looking for volunteers, not hostages" - Brilliant.  If people don't want to play here, that's ok.  We want volunteers.  

If anyone ever asked for a trade, he would be gone, if I were the GM.  I do not care if you are posturing, or using leverage, don't care.  

On 4/20/2022 at 3:15 PM, Est.1974 said:

Unusual  situation really, he was on pace to get 1700-2000 receiving yards before they turned him into a more hybrid role and enhanced his use in the run game. He’s was still very productive but that shift of focus to him in the running game isn’t what he wants apparently.

You can’t blame him, he’s going to get banged up earlier with that approach and he is looking at what some of these more pure receivers are getting in contract money.

I don't totally disagree but isn't Deebo the guy who named himself a new position "wide back" or something along those lines? The Niners system is making him a unique kind of offensive stud and he has to love that doesn't he? 

I'd pass on Deebo cause I think he's messing with a really good thing in SF. Why demand a trade from a team who's willing to pay you and make you the feature player of their offense? The Niners are SB contenders, willing to pay him and feature him yet he still wants out? Where is it gonna get any better for Deebo?

• Like 1