Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

I will take what his teammates say about him with so much more significance, then what Irsay has to say.  Coach and GM will never contradict owner, the hand that feeds you. 

Like I have said before, Jack Daniels is a swell guy, but should not be consumed two bottles at a time, Mr. Irsay. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

The media is full of what Irsay says and they crucify Wentz as trash. I'm sorry, you want to argue about him being clutch or not fair game. But in no world is 27 TDs with 7 INTs ever close to trash in the NFL. They all ignore the support from former teammates while the say he is a horrible leader and no one liked him. They bring up Irsays comments to prove how bad Wentz is and that Reich gave up on him while ignoring Reichs comments that are glowing. For some reason they have nothing to say about the owner being so vocal and involved, it's okay for Irsay to do? Wentz is going to make them all look like fools and he doesn't even have to playing amazing to do so with how they are all talking. 

While everyone is praising Ballard, can you imagine the reaction if the Commanders:

1. Traded a 1st and a 3rd

2. Bailed after 1 year, for 2 3rds

3. Had NO plan--they admitted this

4. Going into their 6th QB in 6 years

5. Lucked into Matt Ryan

Russell's screaming would reach at pitch only dogs can hear.

• Like 8

I think Ryan would not have worked here even if wanted to come.  His arm is getting weaker and weaker.  It is not conducive to playing outdoors.  He lucked out going to Indy and playing in a dome.  That said, he's can't move.  Their o-line was pretty bad in pass protection.  

Breeland, Dunbar and Moreau are all free agents.  :ols:

Seriously though, I'd still sign DJax. He is still fast and the best "throw long and go get it" WR out there. I don't care if he has 40 catches. I bet that get's him close to 1,000 yards.

He can stil take the top off a defense and we have the QB to do it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.  If for no other reason than he was hurt basically all the time.  The off the field stuff is troubling.  But the fact he couldn’t stay in the field kindof disqualifies him as well.  

Did you see who just won Super Bowl rings the past two seasons: Antonio Brown and OBJ, two guys who have had character and injury issues in their careers. You can disqualify guys all you want but the best teams get the best players and make it work. I'm not saying I would've or would sign Brown, Guice or any other troubled player but if my QB (Brady) endorses a guy then I'll listen. Or, if I bring a guy in for a look in April and I like what I see then I'm gonna continue to see what the guy can do. Managing players and their ego's/issues is a skill in the NFL that some coaches do better than others. Your opinion is noted but disqualifying a guy because "he is hurt all the time" means you'd be giving up on more players than just Guice. Derrius Guice can run the football, he's proven that....whether he deserves another chance is something for NFL teams to decide. 

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

When? He has 245 career yards, half of which came in 1 game...in 2019. 

He's never had more than 10 carries in any game.

LSU

Rushing & Receiving

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Career LSU         471 3074 6.5 29 32 250 7.8 3 503 3324 6.6 32
*2015 LSU SEC FR RB 11 51 436 8.5 3 5 20 4.0 0 56 456 8.1 3
*2016 LSU SEC SO RB 12 183 1387 7.6 15 9 106 11.8 1 192 1493 7.8 16
*2017 LSU SEC JR RB 12 237 1251 5.3 11 18 124 6.9 2 255 1375 5.4 13

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

LSU

Rushing & Receiving

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Career LSU         471 3074 6.5 29 32 250 7.8 3 503 3324 6.6 32
*2015 LSU SEC FR RB 11 51 436 8.5 3 5 20 4.0 0 56 456 8.1 3
*2016 LSU SEC SO RB 12 183 1387 7.6 15 9 106 11.8 1 192 1493 7.8 16
*2017 LSU SEC JR RB 12 237 1251 5.3 11 18 124 6.9 2 255 1375 5.4 13

image.jpeg.3742d4a888a9c18b6022c43a33a2d1ee.jpeg

Hang on, let me find all of the college running backs who excelled in school and fell flat in the pros. If I work 8 hours a day at it, I should be back to you in a month or so... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

image.jpeg.3742d4a888a9c18b6022c43a33a2d1ee.jpeg

Hang on, let me find all of the college running backs who excelled in school and fell flat in the pros. If I work 8 hours a day at it, I should be back to you in a month or so... 

I'll wait.

BTW, Guice didn't fall flat in the pros, he got cut for off the field charges that were later dropped. If you disagree with me that's all good...like I said in my post, AB and OBJ are walking around with SB rings because teams continued to give them a chance after their poor decisions, injuries, etc....go ahead and write Guice off and go ahead and mock posters who offer opinions other than yours. You're not a GM and neither am I. If Guice can play and his head is on straight then he may be worth another chance, if not then he's not. Neither you or I can answer that question unless your in his inner circle which I doubt. Now go do your research and get back to us with what you find out. 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

I'll wait.

BTW, Guice didn't fall flat in the pros, he got cut for off the field charges that were later dropped. If you disagree with me that's all good...like I said in my post, AB and OBJ are walking around with SB rings because teams continued to give them a chance after their poor decisions, injuries, etc....go ahead and write Guice off and go ahead and mock posters who offer opinions other than yours. You're not a GM and neither am I. If Guice can play and his head is on straight then he may be worth another chance, if not then he's not. Neither you or I can answer that question unless your in his inner circle which I doubt. Now go do your research and get back to us with what you find out. 

Guice just pulled a hammy while reading this. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Guice just pulled a hammy while reading this. 

March 29, 2022 6:30 am ET

Guice displayed talent and toughness in his brief NFL first act. Seeing he would come cheap, being able to sign as a free agent, it is likely Guice will be signed and given another chance by an NFL franchise.

Just now, kingdaddy said:
March 29, 2022 6:30 am ET

Guice displayed talent and toughness in his brief NFL first act. Seeing he would come cheap, being able to sign as a free agent, it is likely Guice will be signed and given another chance by an NFL franchise.

What does that have to do with him being injury prone?

• Like 2

You know why AB, OBJ, Watson and the players like them got 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances? They produced, on the field, in the NFL. Where has Guice produced in the NFL? Not LSU--there are 1000s of running backs who produced in college that failed in the pros--in the NFL. 10 carries in a game is his career high. I'll wait.

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

If Guice can play and his head is on straight then he may be worth another chance, if not then he's not.

So can he play or not? I am fairly certain you said that he's proven he can run the ball...

5 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

go ahead and write Guice off and go ahead and mock posters who offer opinions other than yours.

Thanks...I mostly stick to mocking demonstrably bad opinions other than my own. My bad opinions however are gold and should be etched in stone tablets for generations to read.

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

You're not a GM and neither am I.
Neither you or I can answer that question unless your in his inner circle

How do you know?

8 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Now go do your research and get back to us with what you find out. 

Yeah, I'll get right on that. Stand by...

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

What does that have to do with him being injury prone?

Abolutely nothing.

The dude is still only 24 and was a 2nd round pick (#59 overall). If he's in shape and in a better place mentally (maturity wise) then he could find a home somewhere. 

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

You know why AB, OBJ, Watson and the players like them got 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances? They produced, on the field, in the NFL. Where has Guice produced in the NFL? Not LSU--there are 1000s of running backs who produced in college that failed in the pros--in the NFL. 10 carries in a game is his career high. I'll wait.

So can he play or not? I am fairly certain you said that he's proven he can run the ball...

Thanks...I mostly stick to mocking demonstrably bad opinions other than my own. My bad opinions however are gold and should be etched in stone tablets for generations to read.

How do you know?

Yeah, I'll get right on that. Stand by...

At least we can agree that Riggo is the greatest Redskin back of all time. No reason to be feuding over Derrius Guice. We'll see what happens with him.

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Abolutely nothing.

The dude is still only 24 and was a 2nd round pick (#59 overall). If he's in shape and in a better place mentally (maturity wise) then he could find a home somewhere. 

Lots of ifs.

I liked Guice. But he was problem after problem.

2017 in LSU he was dealing with a "nagging injury"

2018 he tore his ACL in his preseason debut.

He then tore his hamstring if I remember correct while rehabbing his ACL.

Then in 2019 he tore his meniscus.

He is also facing a 6 game suspension when he signs with someone due to sexual harassment stuff. 

Just like with Watson... no thanks. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Breeland, Dunbar and Moreau are all free agents.  :ols:

Seriously though, I'd still sign DJax. He is still fast and the best "throw long and go get it" WR out there. I don't care if he has 40 catches. I bet that get's him close to 1,000 yards.

He can stil take the top off a defense and we have the QB to do it.

If we dont draft a WR in the first then I would definitely welcome D Jackson on the team.  Not sure how much $$$ he would demand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Or sexually harassing a 74-year old grandmother: https://nypost.com/2021/03/27/74-year-old-woman-accuses-derrius-guice-of-sexual-harassment/

He has almost as many rape allegations as career touchdowns.

If you go back to my original post on Guice I talk about RR reaching out and interviewing him to get a sense of where his head is. I say nothing about signing him if RR isn't comfortable with him. Maybe Guice comes back to RR and asks for a chance to prove himself to the franchise that drafted him? RR has been around a long time, he would know how to go about it. I understand if people think Guice is a waste of time but if you recall, Joe Gibbs only wanted Riggins to come back to the team so he could trade him. Look how that turned out. 

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I so want Wentz to light it up this year, beyond my fandom. The guy has just been dragged through the mud. Meanwhile Trubisky is praised...why? He sat on the bench?

I think he will.  He needs weapons on O and RR and Co. hopefully will provide him with those.  I really look for a WR at #11 hopefully a trade down before Philly w/Ravens @ #14 and we still can get one of the better in the group and recoup a 3rd rounder. Hoping. :)  

• Like 1

Guice has his choice of places to play depending who makes him an offer. If we were to make an offer (which for the record I think is about a zero percent chance of happening) no way he comes back to Washington if other options are available.

Draft a RB who doesn't have baggage.