Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He was the best guy we could have realistically gotten. Ryan also has a no trade clause.

agreed.. no guarantee we could have gotten Ryan, but while older, Ryan is waaay  more accomplished. 

Ryan is later in his career. If he wants to win something, he's got to win it now. Colts were on the doorstep of the playoffs, Washington wasn't. Ryan wants to get ****ing set.

With Matt Ryan coming in, sounds like Baker Mayfield's future is in Seattle. Or possibly Houston.

Edited by NickyJ

6 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Wentz could be a long term solution. I would say Wentz. Would Ryan have been willing to come here.

If Wentz plays really well and it seems to happen in a sustainable fashion, it's a massive win to me with 2 additional years at very reasonable rate for good QB play.  I like the upside of that scenario more than a hypothetical Ryan for a single 3rd, but that's me.

Edited by Bifflog
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, ultravin said:

Would you trade scary terry to Green Bay for a first and a fourth?

Maybe not for that from them-- as their picks are later in the draft.

HOWEVER-- 

Reader warning: heresy, for some, to follow...

If and only if, it becomes apparent that we will NOT be able to resign McLaurin we need to stop hoping for miraculous changes of mind that put us behind the 8 ball ala (Scherff, Williams etc.) and auction him off to the highest bidder, now, while we can get considerably more value than a hypothetical compensatiry 3rd round pick several years down the line.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am good with Wentz.  But the way I understand the deal from the Colts cap standpoint, Ryan is actually cheaper not Wentz.

1 less year on the deal current though right?

Edited by Bifflog

I am good with Wentz.  But the way I understand the deal from the Colts cap standpoint, Ryan is actually cheaper not Wentz.

Really?  Does your cap hit stay the same if you get traded or did Atlanta retain some salary??  I have to see this.  Did they give him extension and add 12 voidable years....I think Ryan has the largest cap hit in history.

Strang but possible, I would not know.

2 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Really?  Does your cap hit stay the same if you get traded or did Atlanta retain some salary??  I have to see this.  Did they give him extension and add 12 voidable years....I think Ryan has the largest cap hit in history.

Strang but possible, I would not know.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for posting.  That's why Atlanta still has like 40 M dead money. I guess that is built into the contact or something.  Well Indy got a steal in regards to compensation and salary.  Draft compensation that is.

11 minutes ago, sebestian said:

I take Wentz.  Cheaper and has a huge ceiling.

Cheaper yes. A huge ceiling? I'd say Wentz's ceiling is his performance in 2018, and he has yet to come close to that since. The jury is still out on whether he can recapture his 2018 self. I hope so, but we don't know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Del Rio, too?  Wow.

I have this theory Ron is going to coach through 2023 and then move to "President" and Del Rio is going to take over as coach.  I'm not sure how much I love that plan.  But for some reason, that's been my thinking for about the past year.  

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, oraphus said:

The better question is.. would you rather have Ryan for a lets say 2nd or Wentz for 2 thirds?

Who knows what the truth is but I  heard on Sirius NFL radio that Ryan wanted to go to a winning team with legitamate deep run playoff possibilities.

The Colts unquestionably fit that bill.

To be as polite as possible: I'm just not sure that Ryan would consider us equally capable of reaching his team performance goals this year.

Which would make any questions concerning Commander Ryan a moot point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

The QB movement this offseason has been absolutely insane.

We need a thread just to keep track of it.

C. Wentz: IND --> Washington
R. Wilson: SEA --> DEN
D. Watson: HOU --> CLE
M. Ryan: ATL --> IND (rumored)
B. Mayfield: CLE --> TBD
J. Garrappolo: SF --> TBD
S. Darnold: CAR --> Unemployed probably.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

If the 49'ers have an offer for two 2nd round picks for a qb coming off major right throwing shoulder surgery, who, despite an otherwise stellar roster  coached by arguably one of the top 3 offensive minds in football, never failed to disappoint when in the brightest spotlight I'd say-- take the deal and run like a thief in the night before someone wises up.

(pssssst.  They're lying.)

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

Cheaper yes. A huge ceiling? I'd say Wentz's ceiling is his performance in 2018, and he has yet to come close to that since. The jury is still out on whether he can recapture his 2018 self. I hope so, but we don't know.

He's been fairly consistent, at least from a QBR standpoint:

image.thumb.png.59736f37e246681172f36f68f4274e46.png