Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

5 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

To me, pay cut/restructure is two ways to name one thing...

Its not at all. A restructure can include a pay cut, but usually just moves money around in a way that gets signing bonus cash in players hands earlier, with a lower cap hit for the team. Most players are happy to restructure. A straight pay cut is a different thing 

4 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

To me, pay cut/restructure is two ways to name one thing...

But it's not at all true. They are completely different things. Restructuring ends in the player getting MORE money either with more gauranteed years or immediate money by converting future non-guaranteed money to a signing bonus so they get that money immediately instead of waiting. Both the team and the player get something. 

A pay cut is 100% different. The player is losing while the team gains something. Sorry, but they are not the same thing at all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Bish made this point on the junks earlier and it struck a chord, hardly any cap space, and hardly any stars on the roster

Looking at some of these players with rose tinted specs, start getting ruthless and being more aggressive in the market imo

To your point ref star power......if you had a brand new team and could pick players from any current squad for your new team, how many would you pick from Washington?  TM?

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’ll put this out there now, but big shout out goes to the usual suspects on here who keep us updated with news around the league. It’s much appreciated, I’m sure by many.

Well said buddy 👍I'm just waiting impatiently for our Big Signing 🤣🤣

• Like 1

I really wanted the Giants to get Trubisky.  Sheehan for whatever reason liked to say the Giants were the favorites to land Trubisky even though the same article he cited from a NY writer made it clear that the Giants were the underdog to get Trubisky because another team was more likely to offer him the chance to start -- now I got to root against the Giants to get Mariota. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2