Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Playoff Tracker Thread

kleese

9 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Can someone explain to me how we lost our playoff spot in spite of the win today? Looks like the Eagles at 6-7 overtook that spot. Yet we have a better record, better division and conference record.

Wait WHAT? I thought we only lost the playoff spot to Philly until we won, since 6-7 is better than 5-6 (our record prior to today’s win). Now we’re 6-6. 

10 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Can someone explain to me how we lost our playoff spot in spite of the win today? Looks like the Eagles at 6-7 overtook that spot. Yet we have a better record, better division and conference record.

They didn’t.  Before our game was over, I guess technically they were ahead for a few hours, as 6-7 is considered slightly better than 5-6.  But now that we are 6-6, we not only kept our spot  but actually moved up to 6th with the Niners loss.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

They didn’t.  Before our game was over, I guess technically they were ahead for a few hours, as 6-7 is considered slightly better than 5-6.  But now that we are 6-6, we not only kept our spot  but actually moved up to 6th with the Niners loss.  

Not according to this:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/

They show our record updated to 6-6, yet give us the #8 spot in the NFC

Edited by bowhunter

2 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Not according to this:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/

They show our record updated to 6-6, yet give us the #8 spot in the NFC

That site is not correct, check it again in an hour or so and it will correctly show Rams 5th, WFT 6th, and SF 7th.  And if it doesn’t, it is clearly wrong. 

• Like 1

Against common opponents (SEA and GB), SF is 0-3 and we're 1-1.  SF also played Philly, and won, but beating Philly is more important for our overall record than for our tie-breaker.  Dallas-Philly-Dallas-Philly, that's some whiplash going into the final game against New Yuck.

1 minute ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Against common opponents (SEA and GB), SF is 0-3 and we're 1-1.  SF also played Philly, and won, but beating Philly is more important for our overall record than for our tie-breaker.  Dallas-Philly-Dallas-Philly, that's some whiplash going into the final game against New Yuck.

Against the Niners the tie breaker is conference record where were superior. 

We actually have a cushion for the playoffs lolol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Bold prediction:

We get swept by Dallas in the regular season....but we play them in the playoffs and knock them off in the 1st round.

See you in Lambeau mid January.

That is bold. I don't think we can afford two more losses.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Bold prediction:

We get swept by Dallas in the regular season....but we play them in the playoffs and knock them off in the 1st round.

See you in Lambeau mid January.

My bold is we drive the ****ing Cowboys out of the 1st place and win back-to-back NFCE crown instead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Wherever you were looking may not have updated after then 4PM games. Before our game, they Eagles had the spot because they had 6 wins and we only had 5. After the game we knocked them back down (6-6 vs 6-7), and in fact are at #6 thanks to the SF loss.

Edited by GhostofSparta

14 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

Wherever you were looking may not have updated after then 4PM games. Before our game, they Eagles had the spot because they had 6 wins and we only had 5. After the game we knocked them back down (6-6 vs 6-7), and in fact are at #6 thanks to the SF loss.

What confused was that they had already updated our record to 6-6