Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you want the season to finish?

88Comrade2000

How do you want the season to finish?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want the season to finish?

• We go on run to get a wild card berth?
    • We win 3-4 games to finish 6-11, 7-10 taking us out of Top 5 pick
    • We go back to sucking and head towards a Top 5 pick

For the long term health of this team we need a franchise QB and the odds are better the higher you pick.

With that said, its hard for me in good conscience to actively root for the team to lose when mathematically you still have a chance at the playoffs. This isn't like the end of 2019 when the team was absolutely in the gutter and the #2 pick was clearly in sight. There are quite a few teams worse than us and this isn't a strong draft class at the very top anyway(especially at QB). Also there are too many guys on this team I respect and admire like McLaurin, Allen, etc. and there is no way I'd want them to suffer losing.

Lets finish 9-8, get that 7 seed, and knock off the 2 seed Cowboys in the 1st round. Why the heck not?

• Like 2

I want to sweep the ****ing Giants and I want a positive record in the NFC East. I want that really badly. I want to be able to put a hurt on the cowboys, win or lose, but I want at least one win. Draft pick, playoffs, whatever. That's out of our control, but I want the EAST.

• Like 2

Listening to RR on The Junkies this morning and he is acutely aware that our schedule sets up to beat out a couple of possible wild card teams.  Specifically, Carolina and Seattle our next 2 games and kind of must wins.   For some reason, his teams have done better in the second half of the season.

I really think if we can clear them with wins and steal a few extra division game wins, including split with Dallas, we could go 9-8 and get a wildcard playoff berth.

Edited by HigSkin

I nearly answered what I thought would happen, which is probably 3/4 more wins.

But since question is about what I want, obviously I want us to finish strong and ends up 11-6 with a playoff berth. As @Warhead36 said, there's lots of players on this team that deserves more than losing on any given sunday, because they did put their balls on the field against the Bucs. They deserve more.

As far as Draft stock? I don't care much about it. I'll think about that come the offseason. And with all his limitations, I'm fine riding the game with Heinicke one or two years more, because the guy is just fun to watch. He's not playing scared, not matter what.  Somehow, he seems like a young Fitzpatrick, minus the arm. Heinicke / Allen is a better duet than Beck/Grossman anyway. I was able to survive that. Heinicke / Allen is just fun to me.

So yeah, let's go to the paloffs!

Edited by Wildbunny

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

How many top 5 picks does Dallas have. Or did New England all those years, or Tampa Bay, or KC, or Buffalo, or Green Bay, or the Rams??? The teams that pick in the top 5 tend to always pick in the top 5.

We aren’t those teams. We aren’t run like those teams. We aren’t the same. 

7 hours ago, Califan007 said:

"We win 3-4 games to finish 6-11, 7-10 taking us out of Top 5 pick"

Somebody actually WANTS this to happen? lol...

If we pick in the top 5, there is a strong possibility that we select a QB, and you know who's going "to get off his yacht" and make that pick ! ;)

Edited by FrFan
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Really cuz pretty sure our 2012 season literally revolved around where we picked and was the most exciting season we had since probably 2005 or 2007

Because we got a fun season with an offense that teams didn’t know how to deal with until they did? Sure, it was fun… for a season.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Because we got a fun season with an offense that teams didn’t know how to deal with until they did? Sure, it was fun… for a season.

We don’t know what could have happened if the injury doesn’t happen.  Never mind that wasn’t even the QB we wanted.  It was what our owner wanted.  Who knows where things could be now if Mike got his guy and got to build around that person.  We had a future head coach waiting in the wings to take over also.. 

20 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

We don’t know what could have happened if the injury doesn’t happen.  Never mind that wasn’t even the QB we wanted.  It was what our owner wanted.  Who knows where things could be now if Mike got his guy and got to build around that person.  We had a future head coach waiting in the wings to take over also.. 

That's the point. It doesn't really matter where we pick until the top level is fixed. It's like we keep painting the rooms of a house while neglecting that the foundation is way off. 

8 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

With heinike tossing the Lombardi trophy to mclaurin while he’s drunk on a boat 🤷‍♂️ 

50 bucks he throws it too high.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

How many top 5 picks does Dallas have. Or did New England all those years, or Tampa Bay, or KC, or Buffalo, or Green Bay, or the Rams??? The teams that pick in the top 5 tend to always pick in the top 5.

I agree 100%.  Dallas has only had 3 losing seasons since 2004.  So, they are typically picking in the the middle of the first at best.  That has not stopped them from being able to put together talented teams.

I prefer a winning season to a high draft pick.  Even if it doesn’t result in a championship, I want the team to go out and win games.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Nerm said:

I agree 100%.  Dallas has only had 3 losing seasons since 2004.  So, they are typically picking in the the middle of the first at best.  That has not stopped them from being able to put together talented teams.

I prefer a winning season to a high draft pick.  Even if it doesn’t result in a championship, I want the team to go out and win games.

Lamb (17th), Parsons (12th), Diggs (51st), Pollard (128th), Shultz (137th), Cedric Wilson (208th), Prescott (135th), Zack Martin (16th), Demarcus Lawrence (34th)...

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Indianapolis drafting Peyton would disagree here :)

I dunno if having to go back 23 years is a good point. It is interesting, I took a look back at the first overall from the last 25 years and I'd say maybe 6 have lived up to the expectation (depends on how you feel about guys like Vick, Bradford, Stafford, Eli and Newton).

32 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Griffin is healthy and still sucks, he was a bust, let it go.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1