Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Mr Ed's Mile High Ride

TK
Message added by TK,

854007137_ScreenShot2021-10-31at7_21_22PM.thumb.png.c04efb06d5e19f58dd2c6ee286db677b.png

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Both Denver and Green Bay were begging to be beaten. We lived in their red zone. We failed and failed and failed and failed to score. We failed as passers, runners, and kickers.  And when we most needed a stop, the defense stopped playing. It's almost like sabotage.

It's hard to believe that they once again outplayed a team (offensive yards speaking), and only come away with 10 points.

Last week, they put up 500 yards of offense with almost 200 yards of rushing, and only come away with 10 points.

A frustrating offense to watch.

1 minute ago, hairyhun44 said:

This is my question.  How does this “D” regress this bad?!  Attitude?  Overconfidence?  Piss poor coaching?  What am I missing??

They didn't. Not the extent of the perception. If they would have won this game 20-17 many here would be praising the D.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MrJL said:

you are aware his current receivers besides McLaurin feature seventh round rookies, former UDFAs and guys who were supposed to only be return men.  When you're throwing to barely adequate WRs it's hard to look any good

Hmmm. He has Terry,  second rounder Brown and 3rd rounder Gibson. He also has a proven vet in Humphries. Taylor has plenty of weapons to run this offense. His limitations are his own. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That is the bottom line, everything else is minor league stuff.

We need a QB. Everything else is small time in comparison.

Honestly I don’t think that will solve anything. Maybe we would be competitive at best for a few years. But overcoming Snyder’s toxicity has proven to be an impossible task 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Hmmm. He has Terry,  second rounder Brown and 3rd rounder Gibson. He also has a proven vet in Humphries. Taylor has plenty of weapons to run this offense. His limitations are his own. 

They are, but he’s looked bad since Cosmi went down. He hasn’t been able to handle the pressure with our replacement offensive line 

15 minutes ago, MrJL said:

you are aware his current receivers besides McLaurin feature seventh round rookies, former UDFAs and guys who were supposed to only be return men.  When you're throwing to barely adequate WRs it's hard to look any good

Yes. I’m also aware he doesn’t have he skillset of an NFL starter, and his lack of weapons doesn’t prevent me seeing that at all.

Edited by ConnSKINS26

8 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

Honestly I don’t think that will solve anything. Maybe we would be competitive at best for a few years. But overcoming Snyder’s toxicity has proven to be an impossible task 

That's a seperate subject.    It's hard enough in a normal organization to win a gun fight with a knife.

But heck even with Dan, think of some of their better seasons:  2012, 2015-2016, first half of 2018 -- they either had decent QB play or decent leadership from that spot.  That's without a Drew Brees type. 

We've mostly battled in Dan's reign with either guys who would be backups on most teams or gys who are 25-32 type QBs. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's a seperate subject.    It's hard enough in a normal organization to win a gun fight with a knife.

But heck even with Dan, think of some of their better seasons:  2012, 2015-2016, first half of 2018 -- they either had decent QB play or decent leadership from that spot.  That's without a Drew Brees type. 

We've mostly battled in Dan's reign with either guys who would be backups on most teams or gys who are 25-32 type QBs. 

I’d love to have McVay and Cousins back. Can’t blame them for moving on. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

We have terrible linebackers, sub par secondary and Defensive ends that broke the sack record before the season even started.

I agree! They bought into their own hype before proving ****!  That said, aren’t we supposed to have the “coaching” and “leadership” from this staff to lead us to grow?   

26 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

And only this perspective can i understand the intense scrutiny some put on Chase, but can you imagine the circles some would be doing here if we drafted Tua instead and the results were the same? We'd never hear the end of it.

If Chase played on a team with a decent QB than I doubt we'd be beating him up period tonight.  He made one heck of a clutch play that is pretty rare to see that late in a game.  Some shrugged it off because we didn't expect it would result in anything so it didn't feel like anything special.  But if lets say Chase played with the Chargers the odds are good that he and Herbert would be getting a heroes welcome for pulling off a miracle win. 

We all watch a lot of football, how often do we see a fumble like that with so little time to go.   We were in scoring position and had enough time to score.  But Chase's play wasn't that exciting because most of us probably didn't expect anything would come from it.   It would be a different feeling if you had the right QB. 

I've been a QB obsessed guy for the most part forever.  But I've hit my breaking point on it.  I want all hands on deck, full out, go get that QB.  this team among others is a running experiment that you can't win without that guy.  I am tired of thinking hey we are up against Josh Allen or Herbert or name that guy.  For once, we need that guy.

I can whine about Landon Collins or Scott Turner or name that whipping boy people have here.  But that's working the edges of our problems.    I am not losing sleep for example that we can't find a LB in FA or fix FS.   I think we can do it.  but if we don't find that QB, it won't matter what else we do. 

3 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

I’d love to have McVay and Cousins back. Can’t blame them for moving on. 

I don't blame them either.  But to me the past is irrelevant.    Unlike some people, I do think Rivera is a smart dude.  I get the impression that he and the people in the building believe QB is code red.  Now, lets see what they do.

I am not as pessimistic as some about the QBs in this draft.    We need to find ourselves out of the QB desert.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4