Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT vs Denver Broncos Prediction Thread: Mile High Meltdown Coming?

skins island connection

When: Sunday October 31st { Halloween }  3:25 p.m.

Where: Empower Field Mile high Stadium

This sunday, the baffled and bewildered WFT travels to Denver to take on the Broncos.

Series-wise the teams are tied all-time at 7-7, so most likely Halloween night one team will have a 1 game advantage { like how i did that math, huh ! } 

Denver is coming off an extended time off after losing to the Cleveland Browns  by a score of 17-14. 

Offensively the Broncos are ranked around 20 but its their 5th ranked defense that is something to worry about.

Teddy Bridgewater & co. are similarly entangled along with the WFT on offense, but their defense may give them the edge.

This past sunday the WFT traveled to Green Bay and lost a game where they led in stats and the defense actually showed up some, but offensively it was self-inflicted shots in the foot along with some questionable play calling that cost them the game.

Ever look at the sidewalk and find a quarter, so you bend down to pick it up, only to find someone had super-glued it to the sidewalk? Yea, that kind of disappointment.  But it was an exciting game nonetheless, except for our punter, who could have stayed home and did his laundry or mowed the yard. 

Antonio Gibson has all of a sudden turned into Chuck Muncie, coughing up the ball at the most inopportune times, Heinicke throwing the pick in the endzone and attempting the horrible slide at the goal line didn't help matters or his cause either, but he did have some nice runs.  Oddly enough, the "rule change" that cost him the score evidently doesn't apply to other teams as I found a laundry list of games where QBs dove into the endzone, did flips into the endzone, and all I saw were the refs' hands up in the air signaling touchdown.  but enough of that.

So, this will be a game where the WFT offense might struggle yet again, going up against a top 5 ranked defense, BUT, its also a chance for the WFT's defense to step it up a few notches. 

Which scrambling QB will have the better game? The air there will be thin, as well as many fans' patience with the team in general.

when the final whistle sounds and the cow chips collect flies, YES! BELIEVE!

WFT  19

Broncos 16

* First correct score prediction wins a John Riggins or Chris Cooley fan jersey.      Always remember, never fry bacon when you're naked...

• Like 3

We are totally going to win this game.  Denver offense is horrendous, exactly what the doctor ordered with our improving defense.  There defense is going to give us problems, so its going to be low scoring, but I can jus feel it on this one.

16-13 good guys

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

May be a toss up game...

I see it this way, Bridgewater is not a Rodgers, Hebert, Allen or Mahomes.  This team can compete against mediocre QBs.

I predict a close game with the Skins taking it 17-13

This defense can make Bridgewater look like a Rodgers, Herbert, Allen or Mahomes.  I mean, maybe.  Maybe they'll continue the trend of improving defense.

I agree with many here, though.  This is going to be one of those ugly, boring games where both teams are at 20 points or under.  It's one of the few remaining games on the schedule that we have a chance to win.

I'll say WFT 20, Denver 17.  

1 hour ago, Bloodytusk said:

Based on our luck, I’d say we win and it is one of the wins that knocks out of the running for the qb we like.

From what I understand the draft prospects don't look so hot this year in the quarterback Department, and I wonder if everyone will finally give up on getting that next great thing at quarterback I know I am pushing a lot of stuff in here that should probably go in other threads...but after RG3 excuse me let me start over after Joe Theismann and RG3 and Alex Smith and Kyle Allen and Ryan Fitzpatrick I never want to see this team to get that next best thing coming out of college with that high 1st round draft pick... at least until Dan Snyder is completely out of the picture....

The steps are small, but they are steps...

The defense played well for a half two weeks ago before falling apart. Then against the Packers they looked pretty decent. Either of those performances will be more than enough to hold the Broncos to 14-17 points. And, I think there are enough off-script, big play opportunities for the offense to get to 20ish. 

I'm going with: 

Skins 23

Broncos 16