Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

lol, while I clearly like Ryan more than most on this thread.  the Colts and their fans are starting to make me hate him.  😧  As of now, I plan to go to that Indy game.  And if so I don't think I've ever been this fired up to beat a team in a road game that I've been at. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 7:34 PM, Dark Acre said:

How do you get a QBR of 95 when you're 17-24 for 172, 1 TD, 0 ints, and 3 sacks?  Those are good numbers for the 1970's.  You know, like Philly at Washington, November 24, 1974:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197411240was.htm

QBR is an attempt to take into account actual performance versus just summarizing certain statistics related to just passing.

MMQ.

How about this for a change?   Both the Colts and Commanders win off of what went down.  That would be my prediction/guess too.   Just about all the others have this season set up like some binary situation where there has to be one big winner and one big loser from all that went down -- my thought is why does it have to be like that?  Ryan might be good.  Wentz might be good.  I guess that's more of a boring narrative to most of the national media.

8. Matt Ryan will have the best QB rating of all quarterbacks in a new location
Now in Indianapolis eager to prove his wandering-eye franchise wrong, Ryan will showcase a vintage performance, ultimately leading the Colts back into postseason contention.

51. The Carson Wentz playtime incentive will be reached, and …
The Commanders will find a quarterback for 2023 as well. Wentz will finally land in a place that buoys him both schematically and emotionally. While it’s not exactly a fountain of gold, the Commanders will get somewhat stable, top-14-caliber play out of Wentz in ’22.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't think national media realizes how difficult things get when the field/throws/etc get compressed with a noodle armed QB.  If defenses played our WR's and our scheme normally, Heinicke would be a better QB.  But they don't, because they know what windows his arm can't throw.

• Like 2

1. Wentz is impressive

It's hard to put into words the difference between Wentz and what we've had here previously. Wentz is enormous and his arm is on a different level. Wentz was in control of the offense and even corrected a RB when he motioned the wrong way pre-snap. Wentz deep ball seem to travel on forever before finding his WR deep in perfect stride. Wentz gives this fan base a lot to look forward to. I don't think people understand how much of an improvement this will be.

https://www.wftdeclassified.com/post/10-things-i-noticed-live-from-otas-week-2-with-video

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

32 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I don't think national media realizes how difficult things get when the field/throws/etc get compressed with a noodle armed QB.  If defenses played our WR's and our scheme normally, Heinicke would be a better QB.  But they don't, because they know what windows his arm can't throw.

Yeah I was listening to Logan Paulsen who has watched camp thus far and was lukewarm at best about the Wentz deal. when it happened  Yet, he seems to be more sold now, watching Wentz fling the ball down the field.

Paulsen would say when he did film review last year that their run game really set up the deep pass well but Heinicke didn't have the arm to exploit that so defenses crowded around the line of scrimmage.  Dallas in particular crowded their LBs right behind the D line.  I found it ironic that later Heinicke gushed about the Dallas defense in such an over the top way that he almost came off as a Cowboy fan, citing how great their defense is and how they are tough to beat.  That won't be a problem with Wentz as far as worrying about the LBs playing 3-4 feet behind the D line to stop the run and passes in the flat.

On another note, I also liked that Paulsen admitted he scoffed at Rivera's comparison of Dotson to Desean Jackson after they drafted him.  But now that he's watched Dotson in camp, he doesn't scoff at that reference anymore. 

Matt Ryan ranked 17th overall and 27th on adjusted completion percentage on PFF metrics, yet PFF is piling on with this Matt Ryan is a QB God narrative.  It shows how seriously they take their own numbers and how their personalities have become more and more opinionated and subjective.

Ryan >> Brady and Mahomes.  I am betting that's coming next.  Colts are just cake walking right to the SB?

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Browns doubled down on the risk too with that insane fully guaranteed contract

And, from what I read recently, the rest of the league is absolutely PISSED at the Browns ownership for giving Watson all of that money guaranteed. Now they've set the market where all QB's are gonna want contracts like his and it's gonna get ugly. Lamar Jacksons agent will be amongst the first to capitalize on this. This Watson contract will end up being historically bad if the Browns end up having to honor it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Another one.  23rd accusation credible enough for a lawsuit is against Watson.  Glad we went elsewhere.

It's very possible he gets suspended for the entire season.

Deshaun Watson apologizes to woman he made cry after massage

https://www.marca.com/en/nfl/cleveland-browns/2022/05/18/628443fd46163fc95c8b4580.html

Dude is a scumbag.

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Matt Ryan ranked 17th overall and 27th on adjusted completion percentage on PFF metrics, yet PFF is piling on with this Matt Ryan is a QB God narrative.  It shows how seriously they take their own numbers and how their personalities have become more and more opinionated and subjective.

Ryan >> Brady and Mahomes.  I am betting that's coming next.  Colts are just cake walking right to the SB?

Do they even address such criticism about ignoring their own data?

12 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Do they even address such criticism about ignoring their own data?

I like reading the PFF metrics, a lot of good stuff on their site.  But the actual personalities of PFF and what they do on social media at times IMO have been clownish of late. 

As I mentioned yesterday, even JP Finlay who initially was lukewarm at best about the Wentz deal was clowning the other day on the over the top clowning from the national media on Wentz. 

I actually think Matt Ryan likely has a good season for the Colts.  I think the Colts will have a good season.  But the amount of the national media giving the Colts and Ryan over the top love and the ridiculous over the top hate for Wentz -- IMO is actually setting a lot of people up for ridicule if the best laid plans go awry.  

If feels like the Colts are setting themselves up for a fall if things don't go perfectly.  If the team doesn't have a big season now how are they going to sell what happened considering alll the hype that they are building for themselves and Matt Ryan and all the piling on hype from the national media?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If feels like the Colts are setting themselves up for a fall if things don't go perfectly.  If the team doesn't have a big season now how are they going to sell what happened considering alll the hype that they are building for themselves and Matt Ryan and all the piling on hype from the national media?

They'll all be tap dancing like mofos to re-explain how that's not at all what they meant by what they said

Like every other season

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like reading the PFF metrics, a lot of good stuff on their site.  But the actual personalities of PFF and what they do on social media at times IMO have been clownish of late. 

As I mentioned yesterday, even JP Finlay who initially was lukewarm at best about the Wentz deal was clowning the other day on the over the top clowning from the national media on Wentz. 

I actually think Matt Ryan likely has a good season for the Colts.  I think the Colts will have a good season.  But the amount of the national media giving the Colts and Ryan over the top love and the ridiculous over the top hate for Wentz -- IMO is actually setting a lot of people up for ridicule if the best laid plans go awry.  

I think Tennessee has a significant coaching edge.  Vrabel, IMO, is a top tier coach in the league.  They win with subpar talent.  They are a tough team that embodies their coach.  If Ryan was the god-like QB (and no doubt, he's been a very good QB), then why wasn't Atlanta winning since losing to Philly in the wildcard 4 years ago?  Heck, we beat Ryan last year in Atlanta.  Does Indy even make a wildcard run if they can't win the division?  I figure the AFC North gets at least two teams (Bengals and Ravens), the AFC west gets at least 2 teams (LAC and Denver), and the last wildcard spot is fought between NE, Mia, an AFC west team(s) (LV & KC), an AFC North team (Cle), and Indy.  

It's gotten so bad with the national media Wentz bashing people literally have to say things like before you "question my credibility".  Just stupid....

Rank

Carson Wentz

Washington Commanders (Colts in '21) · Age 29
  • Deep attempts: 23-of-53, 797 yards, 7:3 TD-to-INT ratio, 106.3 passer rating
  • Comp: 43.4%
  • xComp: 33.3%
  • CPOE: +10.1%
  • PASSING SCORE (on deep attempts): 93

Look, I understand, this might make you question my credibility. While the Next Gen Stats aren't canon, they are akin to a scientific theory. And since we're specifically digging into deep passes, I can't allow Wentz's struggles elsewhere to cloud my judgment. I won't stand for it, even if it doesn't fit conventional wisdom on the former No. 2 overall pick.

Shred me if you must, but before those Twitter fingers start melting your keyboard, let's reflect on who Wentz had in his backfield. Yes, that's correct: The answer is all-world running back Jonathan Taylor. Indianapolis used this advantage to great success in 2021, drawing defenses closer to the line of scrimmage to stop Taylor and victimizing them with play-action passes. From under center -- you know, the setting in which most handoffs occur -- Wentz ranked near the top of the league in the following deep passing metrics: yards, touchdowns, passer rating, completion percentage and completion percentage over expected. His play-action passer rating on deep throws was the seventh-highest in the NFL, and he posted the highest EPA and second-highest completion percentage and CPOE on these throws.

Wentz wasn't an all-around stud in 2021. Just ask Colts owner Jim Irsay. But because Indianapolis had a frightening stallion in the backfield, Wentz found opportunities to succeed -- and capitalized. I can't argue with this production, even if the rest of the picture was far from perfect.

12 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Another one.  23rd accusation credible enough for a lawsuit is against Watson.  Glad we went elsewhere.

Wait what? Another accusation? Must be new, i havent seen it yet 

ah. Yep, just looked it up. Yeeeahh, glad this team didn’t pursue him…..not good. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

15 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

PFF's twitter account is weirdly contradictory to their ratings. They love to verbally ejaculate players like Trevon Diggs, who was their 87th rated CB.