Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim this morning said not quite 100% but close they won't trade down.

He also pretty much said - don’t pay attention to the rumors from the combine. To my recollection the main story there was us favouring Maye at #2……

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Trade up or trade out. 

Going to be fun in here if we’ve signed either Cousins or Wilson a week or so from now 😂

If you don’t have a high grade on Maye you sign Kirk and trade if no trade to be had for Caleb. I’m all for it. As many future 1st as possible from a team that can end up in top 5 draft position. Atlanta would be good. Raheem is a fraud. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I understand people would hate it but now both Adam Schefter and Ian Rappaport have alluded to us trading back in the draft? 

We have a lot of holes to fill, including qb, but like I’ve been saying all along, there are other QBs in this draft that could be franchise guys, especially McCarthy and Penix and maybe Nix. I trust Peters decision and according to Quinn, it will be Peters decision 

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Tier 1: Williams/Maye

Tier 2: Daniels, McCarthy, Penix, Nix

Tier 3: Everybody else

I think it’s more like 

Tier 1 : Williams

Then the rest based on personal preference.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

If you don’t have a high grade on Maye you sign Kirk and trade if no trade to be had for Caleb. I’m all for it. As many future 1st as possible from a team that can end up in top 5 draft position. Atlanta would be good. Raheem is a fraud. 

I’m more than fine with trading out if we can’t get Williams. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Raheem is a fraud. 

Given your track record of getting literally everything wrong, I'm considering going to Vegas and putting some money on Raheem for coach of the year. It might be almost a sure bet...

• Haha 7
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

I think it’s more like 

Tier 1 : Williams

Then the rest based on personal preference.

It really seams that the only place where you can find a significant amount of people placing Maye on Williams level, is on this board. In the national and local media, you may have an outlier here and there, but for the vast majority, Caleb is on an entire different level. Though it does seem that Maye and Daniels are projected by most to be higher than McCarthy, Nix, and Penix

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, mac8887 said:

It really seams that the only place where you can find a significant amount of people placing Maye on Williams level, is on this board. In the national and local media, you may have an outlier here and there, but for the vast majority, Caleb is on an entire different level. Though it does seem that Maye and Daniels are projected by most to be higher than McCarthy, Nix, and Penix

Is there anybody putting Maye on Williams level? I think you invented that.  Or are trying to talk it into existence.  

The only person being actively pushed to #1 is Daniels, because some boobs on TV decided to hot take that he might go #1.

Maye has always sortof been the safe, stick at 2 pick.  I think the board consensus has always been Bears will take Williams at #1.  I haven't seen or read anything to the contrary, except the Daniels folks who have gotten themselves all lathered up with some vague reports being fed to national guys by Daniels' agent.  Probably along with a bag of cash and a pony...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Is there anybody putting Maye on Williams level? I think you invented that.  Or are trying to talk it into existence.  

You have just posted they are both in Tier 1 to be fair. 

• Like 2

I did and still do.

I got all 3 on the same tier. I'll die on that hill.

I accept and acknowledge that this particular standing goes against the general concurrences of the NFL machine that has determined that Caleb stands alone and I'm wildly confident he goes to the Bears as a result.

12 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

He also pretty much said - don’t pay attention to the rumors from the combine. To my recollection the main story there was us favouring Maye at #2……

I’ve been very clear on who said what about what including Keim. I said as recently as this morning which I’ll repeat. Keim said as far as he knows they don’t know. He can see it go either way. On Finlay’s show, he forced Keim to pick one and he goes Maye but said that’s not firm and a guess. 

The only things that Keim had been consistent on as for having strong beliefs is he doubts they are trading up and today he said he seriously doubts they are trading down.

But clearly this team as most teams I doubt made up their mind this early if they did what’s the point of prodays abs the rest of what’s coming?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’ve been very clear on who said what about what including Keim. I said as recently as this morning which I’ll repeat. Keim said as far as he knows they don’t know. He can see it go either way. On Finlay he forced Keim to pick one and he goes Maye but that’s not firm and a guess. 

The only things that Keim had been consistent on as for having strong beliefs is he doubts they are trading up and today he said he seriously doubts they are trading down.

But clearly this team as most teams I doubt made up their mind this early if they did what’s the point of prodays abs the rest of what’s coming?

I’m fine with all of that. I’m simply saying that the strongest link at the combine was us going with Maye at #2. Keim basically said ignore the combine rumors. That’s all.

22 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We're going to stand pat and pick a guy.  We're not trading up, and there's no way we're dropping to tier 2 QBs.  

I'm actually starting to wonder if there if tier 1 is 2 or 3 guys though.  I'm wondering if all the Daniels PR push is just that, and the tiers really are

That's what it was in November/December.  Then Daniels started to get some pub, then he won the Heisman, and then his agent started making it rain.  

@Voice_of_Reason you litteraly just did what you said people are not doing

The Only place this happens is on this board, in truth it’s

Tier 1 Caleb, by himself 

Edited by mac8887
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Conn said:

I assume you think he can learn to throw left then, even though he couldn’t do it from a clean pocket in college? 

No.  

JJ will throw it to the right forever, but the defenses will never adjust. 

cerebral quarterbacking!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We're going to stand pat and pick a guy.  We're not trading up, and there's no way we're dropping to tier 2 QBs.  

I'm actually starting to wonder if there if tier 1 is 2 or 3 guys though.  I'm wondering if all the Daniels PR push is just that, and the tiers really are

That's what it was in November/December.  Then Daniels started to get some pub, then he won the Heisman, and then his agent started making it rain.  

I believe you are correct.  It was an easy call weeks back when I said the trade down guys will be vindicated when this regime will say publicly and leak that they are open to doing it.  But it was obvious as it gets.

EVERY draft just about all teams say they are open to doing everything.  It's about as standard boiler plate as it gets.  Can someone recite to me the draft they recall when this team declared they aren't trading up, aren't trading down but decided they are staying at their pick no matter what?  Only one I can think of is 2012 when they actually traded up where of course they planned to stay where they are at considering they just traded the farm to get there.

Next it will be a story when this FO says they are open to signing anyone in FA.  No player is off the table.  All are under consideration.  Wouldn't that be wild to declare that. :ols:

Maybe then after we will get a story, that they will consider any possibility as to signing players who are cut from teams after the draft.  All will be considered.  

Maybe in training camp we will get a story about how most dudes on the roster aren't locks to be starters and all players will be considered for starting jobs, including the new draft picks.  Everyone will be considered.

The level of unpredictable outcomes will blow people minds.  

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m fine with all of that. I’m simply saying that the strongest link at the combine was us going with Maye at #2. Keim basically said ignore the combine rumors. That’s all.

Like anything when actual reputable reporters say things I believe they heard what they heard so I don't doubt that other teams believe this is what Washington likely does.  But its still other teams guessing what Washington does not Washington leaking about Washington.

Keim doesn't think its indeed the opposite and they want Daniels.  He simply thinks they haven't made up their minds.  When pushed he guessed Maye so on that front I don't think he thinks these guesses from other teams are wildly off.  But he strongly believes they haven't made up their minds.  Which makes plenty of sense for me.  It would come off lazy to me for them to decide now.  They got pro days and team visits coming up so what's the point at Qb to do all of that if they are going to be close minded?

Only thing like I said Keim seems to keep pushing is he doesn't think they aren't trading up.  And today said he doesn't think they are trading down.  So he believes but won't go 100% but said close to that that they are staying at 2.  But he doesn't have a strong feel for whom they will take there.  Will see.

• Like 1

Reports from the combine seem to be:

1. Caleb is consensus 1

2. Maye is viewed as 2 by 80ish% of people

3. Daniels is mostly 3, with a small contingent on 2 and 4

4. JJ is 4 with a small contingent of 3 and other.

5.  Nix and Penix grades are mostly 5 or 6 but random people really like Penix and put him like 3 but it's extremely few people.

6. There is a view among a not insignificant group (though whether it's a majority who knows) that JJ is closer to Daniels than Daniels is to Maye.

So it's probably like

Tier 1: Caleb

Tier 2: Maye

Tier 2.6: Daniels

Tier 3: JJ

Tier 4: Bo and Penix

37 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

It really seams that the only place where you can find a significant amount of people placing Maye on Williams level, is on this board.

It's just nonsense that there is anything like a "significant amount of people placing Maye on Williams level" on this board.

There are times when people making comments about "the board" are challenged by staff to prove their claim using direct quotes, with their membership possibly on the line. 

I'm not trying to "give you a hard time."

You often don't show accurate understanding of posts you respond to, or in your summarizations of entire discussions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

@Voice_of_Reason you litteraly just did what you said people are not doing

The Only place this happens is on this board, in truth it’s

Tier 1 Caleb, by himself 

I think much more often people are lumping the "big 3" together as Tier 1.

Even within a tier, there is separation.  Williams is the consensus #1 pick. 

Some of this is semantics.

If you wanted to, you could say:

Tier 1: Williams

Tier 2: Maye/Daniels

Tier 3: MCarthy, Penix, Nix

Though I wouldn't be shocked if it was

Tier 3: Daniels, MCarthy, Penix, Nix

I think Daniels and McCarthy are getting snow jobs by their agents.  I don't think either is anywhere near as highly thought of in the league as they are by the reporting.  

• Like 2

I think much more often people are lumping the "big 3" together as Tier 1.

Even within a tier, there is separation.  Williams is the consensus #1 pick. 

Some of this is semantics.

If you wanted to, you could say:

Tier 2: Maye/Daniels

Tier 3: MCarthy, Penix, Nix

Though I wouldn't be shocked if it was

Tier 3: Daniels, MCarthy, Penix, Nix

I think Daniels and McCarthy are getting snow jobs by their agents.  I don't think either is anywhere near as highly thought of in the league as they are by the reporting.  

I can completely agree with those 2 groupings.

I can see why some would put Maye in a tier by himself above Daniels, do to his arm strength and potential projection.

what I don’t see is a Caleb 1a to Drake 1b situation, some may feel this is the case and people are entitled to their own opinions. 

3 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Jeebus.

Someone gonna get him for vet min in 2024 whilst Denv pay him the remaining 37m he’s guaranteed.

1 minute ago, illone said:

you gotta really hate a guy to pay him that much to go away… jeebus is right. 

Another 40m fully guarantees next week.